MiniGypsy

Programming and Bugs Please Tell

Can you the devs tell us what is in Programming and Bugs, that are in the sections that need to be done and are in progress. You told us what was in Art, why can't you tell us whats in that. You guys said you were going to be transparent. Not Hating just wondering why you haven't or cant.

06a7f490d395567268e29fccf25c2cb0.png

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, MiniGypsy said:

Can you the devs tell us what is in Programming and Bugs, that are in the sections that need to be done and are in progress. You told us what was in Art, why can't you tell us whats in that. You guys said you were going to be transparent. Not Hating just wondering why you haven't or cant.

here's an idea, go give a presentation on something you know nothing about to an audience of 1000 people and see what happens.

that's why the devs haven't said anything about programming and bugs because it's far easier to explain art than it is programming and bug fixing, and guarantee 95% of people here don't have experience in bug fixing and programming, it's not something you can explain in a few words. and rather than sitting here explaining every little detail the devs could be getting on with the work like they are now.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

here's an idea, go give a presentation on something you know nothing about to an audience of 1000 people and see what happens.

that's why the devs haven't said anything about programming and bugs because it's far easier to explain art than it is programming and bug fixing, and guarantee 95% of people here don't have experience in bug fixing and programming, it's not something you can explain in a few words. and rather than sitting here explaining every little detail the devs could be getting on with the work like they are now.

Actually most of the tasks could likely be explained in just a couple of sentences for each one. In fact, they most likely already have the tasks in a system like Trello with explanations of what the tasks are. Even if only a few people in the community would actually understand those brief descriptions (this is actually pretty unlikely as programming honestly isn't all that complicated to explain) those people would be able to explain to those that wouldn't understand.

There is no reason to act like you're acting either. All the person that created the thread is doing is asking for more transparency, which the devs should be more than happy to provide.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cstove said:

As long as tasks are getting done, I don’t think it matters.

I agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Discorded said:

I agree

Of course it matters. Especially after the delays.

Edited by ECorp

8 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

Actually most of the tasks could likely be explained in just a couple of sentences for each one. In fact, they most likely already have the tasks in a system like Trello with explanations of what the tasks are. Even if only a few people in the community would actually understand those brief descriptions (this is actually pretty unlikely as programming honestly isn't all that complicated to explain) those people would be able to explain to those that wouldn't understand.

There is no reason to act like you're acting either. All the person that created the thread is doing is asking for more transparency, which the devs should be more than happy to provide.

The point I was making is that the devs are doing the work and getting on with the job, sure some people may think programing and bug fixing is easy to explain, some people get it some people don't, we'll just have to agree to disagree etc. As long as the job is done I don't think it matters either. 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

Isnt a bug essentially something you don't understand or didn't intend on happening? It's very hard explain something you cant understand or never intended to do until you've figured ot out and resolved it.

I also don't think the Dev's want to take time out of their day to post about temporarily broken features when they could be focusing on the issue and resolving it so we can all get our hands on TS.

I don't think this is about transparency I just think IMO that talking about bugs all day would be soul destroying. Who honestly (outside of constructive critisim) wants to focus on the negative aspects of their job when there's so much positive...

• Like 2

I agree with OP, not hard to say we are working on the system for something.
Rightnow that something is doing that when it should be doing that.
Or its not doing that and are working to fix it like so.

Not hard at all as a programmer and game developer i know not hard to explain some gameplay mechanics\ systems.
And what they are for.

55 minutes ago, DeWaldo89 said:

Isnt a bug essentially something you don't understand or didn't intend on happening? It's very hard explain something you cant understand or never intended to do until you've figured ot out and resolved it.

I also don't think the Dev's want to take time out of their day to post about temporarily broken features when they could be focusing on the issue and resolving it so we can all get our hands on TS.

I don't think this is about transparency I just think IMO that talking about bugs all day would be soul destroying. Who honestly (outside of constructive critisim) wants to focus on the negative aspects of their job when there's so much positive...

This makes actually a lot of sense to me. And probably also the reason why they are focusing on getting everything done.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 6:00 AM, MiniGypsy said:

Well exactly how can yo explain something that you don't know isn't broken. I am a programmer. I would know that people run into bugs all the time. I do as well. But the thing is you never know whats wrong till you find it. Thats why they can't really explain it.

Some more transparency would be nice. Being left in the dark on half of this development tracker is a step back into not really knowing what's going on. 

But I mean, it should be dawning on people by now that it is not coming in May, lol.

Cyber was nice and actually said in the Discord what was at least one of the bugs, which was clipping through the elevator and "dying", seems fun lol.

17 hours ago, lamona said:

Some more transparency would be nice. Being left in the dark on half of this development tracker is a step back into not really knowing what's going on. 

But I mean, it should be dawning on people by now that it is not coming in May, lol.

You honestly dont know that... but we will see

10 hours ago, TPlays said:

You honestly dont know that... but we will see

Sure, just like we saw last month that it was being delayed again, despite the more positive side of the fanbase insisting that couldn't possibly happen. :P 

Always glad to be proven wrong on things like this, because if this does actually turn out to be "quite minor" then we'll be in TS by the end of May. Like you said, we'll see. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't arrive. 

While I don't care if they say what the tasks are or not, there is certainly a difference between what the tasks are and how the tasks are implemented. Of course, they wouldn't be able to explain how the bug happened, but I hope they understand what the bug results in. Unless the task is something very specific, there is usually a way to very simply explain what it is. I have no clue how their engine and code works, or how to begin to program this, but if they said that they were adding a skipping movement I'm pretty sure I would understand what the task is.

But overall, that's not my impression of what OP wanted. I think they were just pointing out how the tracker goes in-depth about the types of art being worked on, yet gameplay and systems, which one would expect to be whole sections of their own, give us no idea of what the tasks actually are. 

5 hours ago, ANOKATA said:

Is it just me or has the task tracker not been updated yet?

Your right, it did not get updated yesterday. Probably they forgot or have their minds elsewhere .... Town Square.

PS: Yesterday was Ascension of Christ it's a very religious day here and most business are closed. It's a day off for most of us not sure how it is in Canada.

Edited by Gometzler
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 5/11/2018 at 1:06 AM, lamona said:

Sure, just like we saw last month that it was being delayed again, despite the more positive side of the fanbase insisting that couldn't possibly happen. :P 

Always glad to be proven wrong on things like this, because if this does actually turn out to be "quite minor" then we'll be in TS by the end of May. Like you said, we'll see. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't arrive. 

I wont be. I am just saying keep an open mind that is all!