N7Huntsman

Who here has law enforcement "experience?"

Obviously, police work (and Identity by and large,) takes all kinds.

So I'm curious--who here's coming from another mod/community where they did law enforcement? What were your experiences?

Personally, I'm coming from Arma 3's A3L--I was a patrol cop there for a very long time, but I ultimately went my own way due to some differences of opinion with the department leadership and the direction the force was going.

Even still, I spent hundreds of hours on patrol there, and I basically did it all--high speed pursuits, bank robberies, backing up SWAT as they executed search warrants, you name it. It taught me a lot about police work and I learned a lot about people.

Hopefully, when Identity gets going, I'll be able to take that experience to the streets.

• Like 6

I have a big background in military simulation and also ArmA RP (Mid 2012 to present).
Have trained many people with core SWAT skills. Some of this is still seen in many ArmA 3 RP communities & gangs. I proud myself on the knowledge I have gained and transferred from and to other people. This ranges from simple communications to how to properly breach and clear rooms (In the movie / spec ops way of everyone rushes in to the military way where thinks are taken a bit slower and safer for that matter).

• Like 2

On 28/03/2016 at 7:33 PM, SBakker said:

how to properly breach and clear rooms (In the movie / spec ops way of everyone rushes in to the military way where thinks are taken a bit slower and safer for that matter).

Although I have never experienced FIBUA against live enemy, all FIBUA drills that I have engaged in have been some of the quickest and most dynamic manoeuvres that the military operate, the reason being; as soon as the enemy know you are in a building - you are in danger.  Not having a go at you... I'd just be interested to see how this could be done slowly and still be safe?

• Like 2

My uncle was a former police officer and a SWAT operative. I was kind of inspired by him so I've always liked playing SWAT. I had former experience as a SWAT officer in ARMA 2 Island Life, ARMA 2 City Life, and ARMA 3 Altis Life. Of course I try doing MilSims but that ain't always exactly for me.

My experience ranges from basic communications and calls, to proper breaching (which will be different each call and each building). I also know some basic formations when breaching.

I've also had my fair share of Rainbow Six: Siege as well.

If my pirate organization doesn't go out well, I'm probably hoping to become a SWAT operative.

On 29-3-2016 at 8:57 PM, David said:

Although I have never experienced FIBUA against live enemy, all FIBUA drills that I have engaged in have been some of the quickest and most dynamic manoeuvres that the military operate, the reason being; as soon as the enemy know you are in a building - you are in danger.  Not having a go at you... I'd just be interested to see how this could be done slowly and still be safe?

Perfect! 

Well the way that spec-ops, the flashy super quick way, only works in real life because we are than dealing with reaction times and hundreds of hours of practice and experience. Something you can not ask from a gamer.
The way I teach the slow way is used by conventional fighting forces that are fighting an insurgency where there is no time pressure. We are talking about stacking up, pie-ing the door, checking if everyone is prepared for a breach and then breach. This of course isn't something SWAT should use during hostage situations or any situation where there is a time pressure or the chance of being seen/heard before entry. However teaching this to regular officers that need to assist SWAT in clearing the rest of a street or clear the rooms they deem unnecsarry for them is the best type of CQB you can teach. Because it promotes slow methodical thinking, aiming and movement. And there are hundreds of ways you can apply this, scanning through a thight allyway or maybe checking a car with an open door?

But again; it can only be performed when you;
-Don't care as much about being seen
-Don't care as much about being heard
-Have alot of time you can spend
But this is not something for a SWAT team and won't work for one either to be fair. They will be heard & shot at before they even breach. 

Here's a document I wrote last summer on S.W.A.T. in A3L(Yes I now know its aerial and not earial, forgive me, I'm not natively English): Click me!

Edited by SBakker
Added last paragraph
  • Like 1

On 29-3-2016 at 9:14 PM, TrueCrazyMan said:

My experience ranges from basic communications and calls, to proper breaching (which will be different each call and each building). I also know some basic formations when breaching.

Please explain why you would memorize different ways for all the buildings? 
It sounds completely unnecesarry and, to be quite fair, silly. Standard full-penetration can be applied anywhere at any time?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SBakker said:

Please explain why you would memorize different ways for all the buildings? 
It sounds completely unnecesarry and, to be quite fair, silly. Standard full-penetration can be applied anywhere at any time?

I was kind of in a rush while writing this, but I'll explain. First of all, when I was in SWAT, I scouted the outside of the building. Looking for doors to breach, windows to shoot through, etc.

I scout it like in Rainbow Six: Siege. Except no drones.

Also, standard full-penetration cannot be applied if you do not study the building and know who's inside.

It's not silly, it brings realism. SWAT do study the building before breaching IRL.

Also, if the enemy knows you're in there, you're in danger. I never mentioned about taking our time. I try to be as quick as the SAS members at the Iranian embassy raid.

Better explanation?

Edited by TrueCrazyMan
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2016 at 1:32 PM, N7Huntsman said:

Obviously, police work (and Identity by and large,) takes all kinds.

So I'm curious--who here's coming from another mod/community where they did law enforcement? What were your experiences?

Personally, I'm coming from Arma 3's A3L--I was a patrol cop there for a very long time, but I ultimately went my own way due to some differences of opinion with the department leadership and the direction the force was going.

Even still, I spent hundreds of hours on patrol there, and I basically did it all--high speed pursuits, bank robberies, backing up SWAT as they executed search warrants, you name it. It taught me a lot about police work and I learned a lot about people.

Hopefully, when Identity gets going, I'll be able to take that experience to the streets.

You don't know how glad I am that Identity will have some competent police. Nowhere else I've RPd has cops worth bothering with. Probably shouldn't be glad, you guys are just going to make my job harder but still.

• Like 3

I know some basic Police Radio Codes and i know the Miranda Rights

Edited by Samiko

I have been an Officer on Several Arma 3 Life and Altis Life Servers. I have also been in some GTA IV LCPDFR Roleplay communities. I can't wait until Identity is released! I am also looking to pursue a career in Law Enforcement in the future once I get out of school. Haha

Edited by Chance

Well this may be a couple of days old.. But I have experience as a Police Officer in real life, as a student though.

I've played a lot of RP games like SA:MP, Arma 2 and Arma 3. Of course I'll pursuit a career in the Law Enforcement ^^

I was in the Law Enforcement Department (LED) faction on Face of Mankind (FoM) and rose up to a high rank to oversee day to day operations.  I also served as a Colonel in the Freedom Defense Corps (FDC) faction.  As for RL, I'm currently US Army.  2 years in.

Edited by lickthecloth
  • Like 1

I used to play Project Reality and I'm signed up for the military police after my health and legal documents are taken care of 

On April 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM, lickthecloth said:

I was in the Law Enforcement Department (LED) faction on Face of Mankind (FoM) and rose up to a high rank to oversee day to day operations.  I also served as a Colonel in the Freedom Defense Corps (FDC) faction.  As for RL, I'm currently US Army.  2 years in.

Where have you been deployed/stationed man?

Edited by ThereIsHope

17 hours ago, ThereIsHope said:

Where have you been deployed/stationed man?

Currently at Cp Casey in Korea.  It's my first station (AIT was 45 weeks so I spent over a year in TRADOC).  I leave here in 20 days then I go to Ft. Campbell.

1 hour ago, lickthecloth said:

Currently at Cp Casey in Korea.  It's my first station (AIT was 45 weeks so I spent over a year in TRADOC).  I leave here in 20 days then I go to Ft. Campbell.

2nd Infantry or 1st Calvary Division right? 

Edited by ThereIsHope

On 5/8/2016 at 11:15 AM, ThereIsHope said:

2nd Infantry or 1st Calvary Division right? 

That's correct.  2ID myself.

I was the leader of Ass Beating Cops on gmod, we were a hard bunch who didn't take shit.

We had almost 400 members strong.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, lickthecloth said:

Hey man I was Buford Prescot!

• Like 1

Oh you must have played a long time ago I don't remember a Wayne Nougat. I played during the dying days.

Don't mean to be an asshole but there's a difference between being a Police Officer in real life and in-game. I'm glad you've got 'experience' in-game but please, do not ever say you know exactly what police do, you are full of knowledge about Police Officers and their line of work because matter of fact, you really don't.

It's like an Army Cadet who reckons he know's what it's like in the military.

Just my two cents.

Regards Fidelis

I've worked at a police department now for three years as a dispatcher -- currently serving as the supervisor. I just finished up my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice and I am continuing my education towards a Masters in Criminal Justice Administration. I have two more years left, then I'll be moving out of state and going to a law enforcement academy.

However, relating to this topic, I have experience both from work and from university. The experiences range from: Firearms, Precision Driving, First Aid/CPR, Defensive Tactics, Patrol Problems, Report Writing, Michigan Criminal Law & Procedure, Traffic Management, and more.

As for the experience needed on an MMO? I think I'm sitting pretty solid. Just waiting for the release of the game now. 

I got arrested by a cop on CG once. Um... I think I got away one time because he crashed. Other than that, I was a successful lawyer for a month or so for lying, cheating and murderous clients that didn't RP well. So I guess I have the patience... On second thought, I do have RL army medic training so Ill go EMS. Bye.