RampageAU

Question about Town Square.

Question

I don't know if this has been answered in the past (by the devs or by the community) so my apologies if it is.

When TS drops in a few days (or maybe few weeks who knows?) will a 'town square' be the complete module release. Or are we going to access to the whole island to play around with and cars and guns be limited (or even none existent). 

I only ask this because if there is only the town square and everything listed on the TS page, Won't 99% of the community load in. walk around for 5 minutes, check out the bars, the library, the apartments and think 'yep. i've seen enough. see you in 6 months'?

Are we able to start a career with the starting module? police, emt, mail man ect. or is this simply a beta test on how annoying 30 people singing along to 1 song at a karaoke bar can be?

i would loveif someone has a direct link to a dev blog explaining what exactly is coming.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, RampageAU said:

When TS drops in a few days (or maybe few weeks who knows?) will a 'town square' be the complete module release. Or are we going to access to the whole island to play around with and cars and guns be limited (or even none existent). 

A Town Square, The Full map won't be until Beta which is after all 3 modules.

I only ask this because if there is only the town square and everything listed on the TS page, Won't 99% of the community load in. walk around for 5 minutes, check out the bars, the library, the apartments and think 'yep. i've seen enough. see you in 6 months'?

The First module is only a social Module, there are no cars or jobs but there are things to do e.g. Karaoke, cinema, write a book, paint, chess/ checkers. The Module will be updated frequently with small updates adding things as they are created.

Are we able to start a career with the starting module? police, emt, mail man ect. or is this simply a beta test on how annoying 30 people singing along to 1 song at a karaoke bar can be?

No, Those things will come as with in the Beta after all 3 modules. There is no currency in the first module. Everything is free to test.

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

A Town Square, The Full map won't be until Beta which is after all 3 modules.

The First module is only a social Module, there are no cars or jobs but there are things to do e.g. Karaoke, cinema, write a book, paint, chess/ checkers. The Module will be updated frequently with small updates adding things as they are created.

No, Those things will come as with in the Beta after all 3 modules. There is no currency in the first module. Everything is free to test.

Since there’s nothing like cars or anything, it’s practically the equivalent to Second Life or IMVU? How would we roleplay?

2 hours ago, Million said:

Since there’s nothing like cars or anything, it’s practically the equivalent to Second Life or IMVU? How would we roleplay?

The Town Square is for social aspects, you can RP as you like but the RP for me will be more in the Beta and full game.

Basically, nothing we all want to play for and not the money we all paid for, but for an extremely limited time. Let's be honest, singing, painting, reading/writing books and going to cinemas are great, but not why we paid so much money, maybe even hundreds of dollars.

Just out of curiosity, and not in terms of estimated time arrival, just.. again, because it intrigues me. Identity will have 3 modules, each module will bring with it a new aspect of the game (SWAT will bring with it guns and shooting aspects, cars will bring driving and delivery I assume?), and , eventually creating the beta (as in all 3 modules implemented?) or beta will bring with it additional stuff?

I know it's a deep into-the-future kinda question that only devs are able to answer but I hope I'll get an answer eventually.
Sure, I'll play Identity and will patiently wait for all the modules to come out and I'm excited to see what's going to come next along with each module but I wish we could see the overall plan (or is it improvised?).

3 hours ago, Dandi said:

Just out of curiosity, and not in terms of estimated time arrival, just.. again, because it intrigues me. Identity will have 3 modules, each module will bring with it a new aspect of the game (SWAT will bring with it guns and shooting aspects, cars will bring driving and delivery I assume?), and , eventually creating the beta (as in all 3 modules implemented?) or beta will bring with it additional stuff?

Module 1:   Town Square = Social Module,

Module 2:   S.W.A.T. = A competitive module between the cops and criminals, 

Module 3: Racing = You race on race tracks which will be in the full map, you will also race on the some streets too. No delivery/ jobs.....

Beta will include, Full game map, Jobs/ Careers, and most of the game mechanics which includes all 3 modules and more.

Basically Beta is all 3 Modules emerged into 1 + more content as I have listed above a bit.

(IMPO) I hope they eventually show a road map, but not sure when or if it will be something they do. 

7 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Module 1:   Town Square = Social Module,

Module 2:   S.W.A.T. = A competitive module between the cops and criminals, 

Module 3: Racing = You race on race tracks which will be in the full map, you will also race on the some streets too. No delivery/ jobs.....

Beta will include, Full game map, Jobs/ Careers, and most of the game mechanics which includes all 3 modules and more.

Basically Beta is all 3 Modules emerged into 1 + more content as I have listed above a bit.

(IMPO) I hope they eventually show a road map, but not sure when or if it will be something they do. 

ahh this just makes me sad.
i was kind of hoping the 'TS' wasn't just a social interaction release. i don't know how much faith i can have with a social module taking up this much time.
been delayed so many times. i was really hoping they would of given us the whole map to fuck around with.
honestly cant see this being released within the next 5 years.

9 hours ago, RampageAU said:

i was kind of hoping the 'TS' wasn't just a social interaction release. i don't know how much faith i can have with a social module taking up this much time.
been delayed so many times. i was really hoping they would of given us the whole map to fuck around with.

To be fair, the initial release of the game is the toughest as they need to establish all the basic things which will be the default one later on. So I truly believe it will take some time but not as long as we waited so far. Besides, once SOMETHING is out it can draw more people's attention, along with them a few possibilities for help in terms of development.

No doubt the delay was because of some game breaking bugs or overall enhancements, which will be a good time to test what's been planned and what has been implemented so far and in what way, and I sure as hell expect some high quality stuff.

12 hours ago, RampageAU said:

Here is a few reasons to why the 1st Module; Town Square has taken soo long to develop:

1. 1. It is the very base game meaning that all other parts of the game is built upon the TS Module. If they get it wrong then it can be very hard once more has been stacked on top of it, for them to find and fix the issues which could be game breaking.
  2. 2. The Module had to be redone 2 - 3 times.
  3. 3. Nothing in game development goes as everyone wants things to go, unexpected delays happen especially with a small team of developers.

Well if the game takes 5 years more that would just be better in the long run for us. Yes it is a long time but Each and every GTA game takes around 7 years of development, some games have taken 10 or so years before releasing.

The 1st Module is and will be the longest in development. The second module will be fastest and the 3rd Module will be a bit longer than the 2nd but not as long as the 1st. The 3rd Module (Racing), will have unexpected complications and unforeseen bugs or errors.

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Here is a few reasons to why the 1st Module; Town Square has taken soo long to develop:

1. 1. It is the very base game meaning that all other parts of the game is built upon the TS Module. If they get it wrong then it can be very hard once more has been stacked on top of it, for them to find and fix the issues which could be game breaking.
  2. 2. The Module had to be redone 2 - 3 times.
  3. 3. Nothing in game development goes as everyone wants things to go, unexpected delays happen especially with a small team of developers.

Well if the game takes 5 years more that would just be better in the long run for us. Yes it is a long time but Each and every GTA game takes around 7 years of development, some games have taken 10 or so years before releasing.

The 1st Module is and will be the longest in development. The second module will be fastest and the 3rd Module will be a bit longer than the 2nd but not as long as the 1st. The 3rd Module (Racing), will have unexpected complications and unforeseen bugs or errors.

That, of course, if you consider that the game is built upon a much bigger team of developers and way more resources and whatnot to build a game. Here, Identity starts from 0 by a very small team which can only grow with time.
Honestly, I just wait to see what has been done so far and if this module will be good then I'm sure the next ones to come will be even better and will bring some amazing additions to the game.

But first.. let's have this module released. :D