Plumis

Extra rewards as a compensation for the constant delays.

Extra rewards as a compensation for the constant delays.  

103 members have voted

1. 1. I believe its fair to get extra In - Game items as a compensation.

• Yes, we deserve this
    • No, I am OK with my pledged rewards

a good idea, 3 days after the module release date and nothing.

and writes on the site.

quotes:What is the expected release date of Identity?
A game as detailed as. Identity takes a lot of time. We expect the first module, Town Square, to be available in early 2017. There are three modules.

Uhm.. No. None of you or anyone for that matter deserves a form of “compensation”, you’re entitled to nothing extra except for what you pay for. It is your fault for your misconceptions about the development of the game and that nothing is absolute and there will be multiple delays. The self-entitlement I’ve seen is unfathomably absurd and caustic.

Step in line with every other patient supporter. We all want the game, but delays do not entitle you to anything extra.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Plumis said:

@Gometzler are you ok there mate? Be happy if they even give me something? Entitled to received what i pledged for? Are you out for your mind?  If I pledged for a game WHICH I was promised to play on LATE 2017, and now its LATE 2018, i have to feel grateful? Wake up dude, u are too new at this industry of alpha games

A dev’s expectation is in no way a promise of any kind.

41 minutes ago, Kraiyick said:

Uhm.. No. None of you or anyone for that matter deserves a form of “compensation”, you’re entitled to nothing extra except for what you pay for. It is your fault for your misconceptions about the development of the game and that nothing is absolute and there will be multiple delays. The self-entitlement I’ve seen is unfathomably absurd and caustic.

Step in line with every other patient supporter. We all want the game, but delays do not entitle you to anything extra.

Well said, I am swiss and my english is a bit minimalistic so thanks for you pitching in ;)

• ver.1.22474487139 1

OK guys listen... We can't fight here. We have to stay strong and fight for each other. We have to believe in what we pledged for. Please everyone we must become a unified community! See you all in the Time Square!!!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, Kraiyick said:

I agree, the devs have said anyway that the VIP package is getting three extra items so I think that that's fair, now I'll have to ask you all to forgive me for going back and forth between thinking the devs are genuine and thinking maybe it's a false sense of security etc, you know tendencies of paranoia tend to make you a little unsure of things in life but I'm glad the devs are doing what they're doing

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I agree, the devs have said anyway that the VIP package is getting three extra items so I think that that's fair, now I'll have to ask you all to forgive me for going back and forth between thinking the devs are genuine and thinking maybe it's a false sense of security etc, you know tendencies of paranoia tend to make you a little unsure of things in life but I'm glad the devs are doing what they're doing

I understand whats goin through your head. Even I had doubts but I am still 100% with this game! Im also planning on pledging more so I can see it come true!!!

Well at the very least they should let people below founder have access to module one or two. One would be good because then it wouldn't be empty, and maybe they could make it in two that people below founder are criminals only. Usually I'd expect some sort of other compensation in-game but with this company I'd much rather that they just be transparent (not asylum 'transparent') from here on.

16 hours ago, Kraiyick said:

A dev’s expectation is in no way a promise of any kind.

Are you a dev mate? I happened to be one. You need to understand the lifecycle of every project which is determined before the project starts. If you plan your project to finish at a specific date, lets say late 2016, but you dont follow the timetable and waste time on useless things then the team lead is useless. 
Also, from a business prospective is very unprofessional to remove the *TESTING*  date 3 days before the deadline. 
One last thing. You said. ""Step in line with every other patient supporter. We all want the game, but delays do not entitle you to anything extra."" . Believe me this is not how it works nowadays. There is no line here. Unless you want something right and delivered at its time you need to push. 

You entitled pricks. You didn't BUY a game. You PLEDGED to help MAKE the game.
And once the game is done, you'll get access to the game.

You're not entitled to shit. So delays happens. There's no need to bring out your pitch forks and demand more than what you deserve.

The ONLY thing you're doing now, by complaining, and wasting the devs time are making a worse game.
Everyone who voted yes should feel ashamed of themselves.

d1doJ87.png

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

20 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

You're not entitled to shit. So delays happens. There's no need to bring out your pitch forks and demand more than what you deserve.

The ONLY thing you're doing now, by complaining, and wasting the devs time are making a worse game.

d1doJ87.png

This isnt about being entitled. This is about Multiple broken promises, a complete lack of care for that fact and a complete lack of transparency with anything.

Edited by Milamber

13 minutes ago, Milamber said:

This isnt about being entitled. This is about Multiple broken promises, a complete lack of care for that fact and a complete lack of transparency with anything.

This is exactly about being entitled.

Promises are broken every day. But you can't compare the two. It wasn't a promise. It was a date they set forth and believed they could achieve what was necessary in the time frame they gave themselves. Because people kept asking for a date.

Sure, I totally understand people wanting a date. And the devs shouldn't have a given one is they wasn't 110% sure they couldn't achieve it.
And I also understand their reasoning for giving one. Put yourself in their shoes, and the community kept asking for a date. And you really felt you were close. Can you honestly tell me you wouldn't have set a date too?

This happens all the time in game development, we're just not seeing it. Because it's being done internally.

Which brings me to my second point, about complete lack of transparency. You only got yourself to blame on that one.
There's the regulars Twitch Streams, monthly dev blogs, the Discord, and now even the daily Dev Tracker on the website.

And if you for some reason, missed all of that. Snippets to the Twitch streams are being posted to a dedicated thread, in the topic, and people like @LuckyDuck are posting links to them all the time.

You really got no excuse, AT ALL. There's info, and transparency all over the place. Just open your eyes.

Sheesh... You people... It's not that hard to stay up to date and educate yourself. Or ask. Instead of just complaining, and being entitled, and acting like you deserve more than you really do. You're only hurting the game itself in the long run.
The devs are people too. And they're still working on this game.

Edited by Norway174
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

d1doJ87.png

You are one of those miniclip bois with the high hopes and dreams? Coming here and saying that the majority of people are Entitle pricks. Lets talk about experience of alpha games and how often a game company such this one does not deliver. You have no idea whats going on in this industry. 

@PlumisThe hell did you call me? No, I'm not a "miniclip bois" whatever the fuck that is. Get out of here with that shit.

Having read your earlier posts, especially this one:

2 hours ago, Plumis said:

Are you a dev mate? I happened to be one.

I have to call major bullshit. In fact, I don't even think you've hit puberty yet.
Edit: Making shitty shooter games or whatever in Unity or RPG Maker doesn't count.

You're the one who clearly has no idea what's going on in game development.
Delays happen all the frikkin' time.

A general plan is laid out, and estimates about how long each objective will take.
But those are just "estimates". You'll learn what estimate means in school, I'm sure.

I've had my share of disappointing Alpha Games that didn't deliver.
And I still backed Identity, and I still stand by it. Because I understand I didn't buy the game when I backed it. I bought into the promise of a game.
If you really thought this game wouldn't deliver, then why did you decide, on your own, to HELP SUPPORT the game? Note, not buy it, but pledge for it.
Assuming of course, you had all this "experience" with Alpha games that didn't deliver.

And don't you dare get me wrong here, because I'm just as much disappointed about the failed release dates as the next person.
But that still doesn't mean I'm entitled to more. Which is exactly what this thread is about.

Edited by Norway174

43 minutes ago, Plumis said:

You are one of those miniclip bois with the high hopes and dreams? Coming here and saying that the majority of people are Entitle pricks. Lets talk about experience of alpha games and how often a game company such this one does not deliver. You have no idea whats going on in this industry. 

Here we go again you always assume to know everything better. This is not your game you just pledged it. You are not the on making it . You say  we do not understand how alpha early access games work. I am starting to think you never backed a game before and you are just a child screaming for more ice cream.

“No pain, no gain.” How many times have you heard that cliché to describe something you didn’t want to do? Unfortunately, investing carries a certain amount of risk and with that risk can come some pain, but also some gain.

You must weigh the potential reward against the risk of an investment to decide if the “pain is worth the potential gain.” Understanding the relationship between risk and reward is a key piece in building your personal investment philosophy.

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Plumis said:

Plumis, you joined in February of 2018. Norway joined in January of 2016. Plumis you have seen, what, two delays? Respect your virtual elders kid.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 6:44 AM, LuckyDuck said:

@Plumis It includes the $150 pledge tier, $500, $1000, $2500 ones. Yes majority of them are higher than the $250+ but 1 is the $150 one. Also they are doing it because those pledges don't seem to be worth the money to pledger's for the money they cost. The rest of them are entirely fine for what people have spent. 

So why doesnt "Speed Demon" get any changes? The $150 pledge gets the same as the $250?

17 minutes ago, Lightning said:

So why doesnt "Speed Demon" get any changes? The $150 pledge gets the same as the $250?

Because dev's decided that what you get for 250 is still fair. This might also still change. Nevertheless when you boughtin / pledged for this game you were aware what you get for what you payed and that is it. Everything else is a bonus or gift.

I also pledged 250

6 hours ago, Lightning said:

Like @Gometzlersaid, the Speed Demon pledge is well worth the money while the $150 pledge is barely scraping it. The speed demon pledge still gets more but not as much more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anonymous_Citizen said:

Plumis, you joined in February of 2018. Norway joined in January of 2016. Plumis you have seen, what, two delays? Respect your virtual elders kid.

Ha! Nice one. Also, really nice signature! Lookin' good there! :D 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Norway174 said:

Ha! Nice one. Also, really nice signature! Lookin' good there! :D 

On 27/04/2018 at 1:26 PM, Anonymous_Citizen said:

Seems you two got some serious tard condition or you are just too bored to read the other replys. As I said before i have been here from 2016 when i did my first pledge on Kickstarter.  Thats why I am sceptical for this game. Next time you both came up with something just remember to dip that though in your brain and filter it. Thats why you have it afterall.

On 4/27/2018 at 3:19 AM, Plumis said:

Are you a dev mate? I happened to be one. You need to understand the lifecycle of every project which is determined before the project starts. If you plan your project to finish at a specific date, lets say late 2016, but you dont follow the timetable and waste time on useless things then the team lead is useless. 
Also, from a business prospective is very unprofessional to remove the *TESTING*  date 3 days before the deadline. 
One last thing. You said. ""Step in line with every other patient supporter. We all want the game, but delays do not entitle you to anything extra."" . Believe me this is not how it works nowadays. There is no line here. Unless you want something right and delivered at its time you need to push. 

You being a dev doesn’t make you anymore correct (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority). Because you’re not lol. And you’re not even workinng on this project, so while you say they may be wasting time, the actual problem might’ve been caused by something they can’t even control.

Regardless if it is professional or not it doesn’t entitle you to anything extra. And how’s pushing gone for us? Oh-.. Oh right, it’s had absolutely no affect on the issue.

Edited by Kraiyick

Well in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different way and without fighting and by trying to make it clear and by considering each and every one's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:04 AM, Kraiyick said:

You being a dev doesn’t make you anymore correct (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority). Because you’re not lol. And you’re not even workinng on this project, so while you say they may be wasting time, the actual problem might’ve been caused by something they can’t even control.

Regardless if it is professional or not it doesn’t entitle you to anything extra. And how’s pushing gone for us? Oh-.. Oh right, it’s had absolutely no affect on the issue.

Try me lol. Of course i cannot give you personal information, such as workplace or my degree. But I ensure you that i am a developer and had many projects till now. What its fascinating is that YOU are jumping to conclusions about my profession and my experience  while avoiding the subject of this post.  75% of the votes AGREED that we deserve a compensation. But YOU do not want to see that. Blind AF is the term I ll use here. 
BTW... Where is the released day? Where is the proof that the game IS ACTUALLY BEING DEVELOPED? WHERE ARE THE DEV NOTES? All we saw is a twitch stream of a guy painting a beard. I would love to see this game happening. BUT, it seems that only few of us ARE PUSHING the developers to give us something OR at least prove to us that SOMETHING is happening. 
@Kraiyick, People like you, keep the developers from pushing more work to be done. So, next time you want to write something. PUSH AWAY your ego and help us pressure the developers. Thats how you are getting something to play this year. 

Edited by Plumis
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I don't see why they should give us anything yes we have supported and waited for the game... But the fact is things happen when u are making a game if u are a big company or a small one... sometimes release dates are getting pushed back that is how things are they don't owe u anything u chose to support them and chose not to reclaim when they delayed the game if u are not happy with what u get that is your problem not the developers... 

• Like 1