Byron

Task list photos | UPDATED DAILY!

Announcement 

I will no longer be updating this post because of full-time work. I simply don't have enough time to do it every morning. I know i said i would be updating this post daily but i just cant anymore. Thank you to everyone who has been positive in the comments, I'll see you in town square ;) 

Hello and welcome

In this post ill be keeping everyone updated with the tasks that are completed everyday from day 1 until we have a release date. 

Ill try my best to go into detail and give my open minded opinion on the tasks

Day 1

When looking at day one you see all these tasks that need to be completed, It does seem scary to think that we could be waiting a while.

Day 2

Now comparing day two with day one you begin to see some decent changes, not much but it's still progress non the less!

EnvironmentAs seen in the picture developers have taken one more task on board and are working hard to get them done.

Props: We can see that all the props are now finished for Town Square.

Technical Art: We see here that the developers have taken one task on board to work on.

UI & UX: Big step forward here, you can see within a day one of the tasks has been completed and the rest are in the works.

User Interface: We see one task being taken on board today.

Day 3

Day 3 is looking to be a nice step forward in development on the tasks, Looks like all 2D graphics are done and dusted. 

2D Graphics: All the tasks have been completed and we can see some more help with other tasks.

Technical Art: We see developers have taken one more task on board to work on.

UI & UX: One of the tasks has been completed and only one more remains until UI & UX are all done.

Gameplay: One of the tasks has been done and the developers have taken one more on board to work on.

User Interface: We see one has been completed and developers have taken one more task on board as a result.

Day 4

Day 4 is looking to be a little bit slow in terms of progress, this just means more work can be done tomorrow!

Animation: All the animation work has been finished and we can expect more people working on other tasks.

Character Art: Seems like the developers have taken this task on board and hopefully we can see this finished by tomorrow!

Systems: Nice progress there today, 2 tasks done and a nice step towards completion.

Day 5

Day 5 overall looks like a nice day for development, doesn't seem like we have encountered any setbacks.

Environment: Developers have completed one more task here, and as a result we can see they have taken one more task on board to work with.

Technical Art: We see here that the developers have completed one task and taken another one on board.

Gameplay: Here we see that developers have completed one task and have taken one on board as well as testing another gameplay aspect. 

Day 6

Day 6 is looking like another nice step forward in the development process. 

Technical Art: We can see developers have completed one task and have taken another one on board to work with.

Bug Tracker: As shown above we are seeing some nice movement in terms of bug fixing, we see that two bugs have been fixed.

Gameplay: Developers have taken one more task on board to work with here. 

Day 7

Day 7 looks like a little bit of a slow day today, maybe because its Friday? ;)  

Technical Art: We can see one task has been completed here and another one has been taken on board to work on.

Bug Tracker: Developers have completed one more task on the list in terms of bug fixes.

User Interface: We can see that developers have completed two tasks today and haven taken another one on board to work with.

Day 8

Day 8 looking like a lot of progress has happened, especially for a Monday.

Environment We can see here that developers have brought two of the tasks into testing stages.

Technical Art: As we can see from above, developers have completed one task and taken another one on board to work with.

UI & UX: Another green bar! We can see everything here is now finished for the release.

Systems: We see that developers have taken one new task on board to work with here.

User interface: We can see that developers are now testing on of the features here, hopefully done tomorrow. 

Day 9

Day 9 overall is setting up to be a nice start to the week in development.

EnvironmentWe can see here that developers have completed two more tasks, with one more in progress and one in revision.

Gameplay: In terms of gameplay we can see one more task completed, another in testing and one more taken on board.

User Interface: We can see that one more task is now being thrown in the works and tested.

Day 10 

Day 10 looks like a one step forward and two steps back kinda day.

EnvironmentWe can see that there is one more task completed and one still in the works.

Bug Tracker: We can see one new bug has been added to the list.

Gameplay: As seen in the picture above, we can see one more task complete along with one more in the works. In addition we have one more added to the list.

Day 11

Day 11 looks like we are back on track at slow but steady pace.

Technical Art: We can see developers have taken one more task on board to work with.

Systems: As seen in the picture, one task has been completed with one more in testing.

User Interface: We have one task being put into the works for developers to work on.

Day 12

Day 12 looks to be a bit of a weird day. 

Character Art: Seems as though developers have taken it out of the task tracker, Maybe it's no longer needed?

Bug Tracker: One more bug has been completed here.

I have no idea whats going on, maybe Friday is a lazy day?

Notice: From this day onward until day 19 i was away due to a sudden family tragedy, that's why you see a sudden jump in the days 

Day 19

Day 20

Day 20 looks like a rather slow day, considering we are getting into the coding aspect we can begin to see these slow days occur more often.

Gameplay: We see that developers have taken two more tasks on board to work on here.

User Interface: We can see that developers have added another task on the pile to complete.

Day 21

Day 21 looks to be at a slow pace compared to last week.

Technical Art: We can see one task has been completed here.

User Interface: Looks like one task has been put into testing phase.

Day 22

Day 22 is your typical Friday work pace ;) 

Systems: We can see that all systems tasks have been completed.

Day 23

Day 23 Is a bummer in terms of progress.

No progress was made today.

Progression Pictures

Days 1-5 Side By Side (Click)

Days 5-10 Side By Side (Click)

Days 1-10 Side By Side (Click)

Days 10-20 Side By Side (Click)

Days 1-20 Side By Side (Click)

Summary

Looking at the images above you can sort of see the development pan out at a decent pase so far, keep in mind that the more tasks that are ticked off means more man power for the rest of the tasks. With the data above 54 total tasks with an average of 5 being completed a day, i can assume the game COULD be ready for launch in 14-20 days. taking into account the extra man power when tasks are done. This is also assuming developers dont run into any major setbacks. 

I will try to keep this post up to date with daily updates on the tasks, Also giving my opinion on the day. In the mean time i want to know what everyone else thinks about all these tasks? Will there be more put in? Will the pase of the development speed up? Let me know what you think down below!

Helpful Links

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HE14PqMDiLEVKomb7ZC9sQYyQQ6M3vZcCTs7idZjDQY/edit?usp=sharing

Change log:

*Added Day 1

*Added Day 2

*Added Day 3

*Added Day 4

*Added Day 5

*Added Day 6

*Added Day 7

*Added Day 8

*Added Day 9

*Added Day 10

*Added Day 11

*Added Day 12

*Added Day 19

*Added Day 20

*Added Day 21

*Added Day 22

*Added Day 23

*Character Art has been removed from tracker.

*Added a new "Progression Pictures" section to the post.

*Made post more detailed and easy to understand. 

*Added Progression Picture 10-20

Edited by Byron
  • Like 11
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Im so happy to see that the community is still living and strong. We need people to be able to believe. Im super happy that this game has a growing community of lovers not haters. Can't wait!! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheRealHypo said:

You should disable Editing for everyone besides you :D

Were funny 5 minutes. At least I tried xD 

Thanks for putting this info here. Makes it easier to see what's progressing.

To be honest, I think what they are doing is a good idea so we can see how much is left to do and things are getting ticked off the list. I'd rather have this over a constantly moving release date with no news in between.

This helps me believe. Thank you so much for doing this! I support it whole-heartedly!

They have completed 15 tasks and the have 49 left to go. Today they completed 3 more tasks.

I have updated the post with Day 4 tasks. I also made it easier to read and understand. 

3 hours ago, PrinceofDerpness said:

Glad to see a easy list that is updating on development 

Thank you, just trying to get everyone updated with the progress on a daily basis.

Good job guys! Glad to see the community thriving with people. We must all not lose hope. Can't wait to grab drinks with you at Time Square!!!

Updated with Day 5 tasks.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:30 PM, Gometzler said:

Hey@Byron thanks for all your efforts. I like the way your keeping us updated appreciate this very much. 

Thank you, I'm sure the community will enjoy the daily updates I and other members put out.