Hammo00

To Be Honest.....

Seeing the Dev Tracker of Town Square I am a bit fed up with how you guys are handeling it. It is looking more and more like the game will be away for another 2/3 years and seeing you guys wanted to release today, but couldnt is fine, but the tracker clearly shows you guys were already aware that you are not able to release it. So if this is a marketing stunt, please be honest. I rather refund now and have true transparancy than lies over and over again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hammo00 said:

Seeing the Dev Tracker of Town Square I am a bit fed up with how you guys are handeling it. It is looking more and more like the game will be away for another 2/3 years and seeing you guys wanted to release today, but couldnt is fine, but the tracker clearly shows you guys were already aware that you are not able to release it. So if this is a marketing stunt, please be honest. I rather refund now and have true transparancy than lies over and over again.

There’s only 60 or so tasks on the tracker.  The devs have completed thousands of tasks so far that make up TS.  So the 60 remaining is a tiny fraction. 

We started where we left in 2016... Thats the honest truth... Blows my mind how the developers was saying in the stream that the TS is so ready and they  are so hyped.... Turned out that the TS was not ready and they knew it the entire time.... 

And how they are playing the victims and they are the innocent...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalterCash said:

We started where we left in 2016... Thats the honest truth... Blows my mind how the developers was saying in the stream that the TS is so ready and they  are so hyped.... Turned out that the TS was not ready and they knew it the entire time.... 

Yeah... it is crazy how they are lying to us... 60 tasks or not... they said they were pretty much done and blatantly lied... they could have said weeks ago.. oh we have 60 tasks left sadly... give  us a few more weeks and we will be good.. 

That would have been way more well received than 2 days before..

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 23-4-2018 at 4:50 PM, Cstove said:

There’s only 60 or so tasks on the tracker.  The devs have completed thousands of tasks so far that make up TS.  So the 60 remaining is a tiny fraction. 

Yep, but they knew that, so they shouldnt have set a date if they knew they cant make it. Im looking to get a refund.

Let me address a few things here...

On 4/23/2018 at 3:38 PM, Hammo00 said:

The dev tracker is a GOOD thing, and it's being handled well. Since they tried to go the release date route, which backfired on them twice, they decided to go another route. And I, for one, am glad they're doing it this way.

It shows FULL transparency. They're not hiding anything. They're WORKING on it. And you should be grateful they're showing this kind of transparency with us.
There's clearly been a lot more to do before the Dev Tracker went live. Which they didn't have the time to do before the release dates.
The Dev Tracker shows what's left to do.

And if you even want more information, they have regular Twitch streams, monthly Dev Blogs, and a Discord server, where you can actually talk to the developers. So get off your fucking high horse, and open your eyes.

And, you didn't BUY the game. You PLEDGED to help make the game. And get a copy WHEN it's done.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, WalterCash said:

The Town Square can still be close to ready, and not be ready for the general public. Close to ready is a general relativity term.

And of course they knew it wasn't ready. They were hoping they could have gotten it ready by the release date they had set. 
This is how development of any kind works, you set a goal, and you try to achieve it. Sometimes, it's enough time. Other times, it isn't. That happens everywhere, not just game development.

And STOP spread bullshit, they're not playing the victims or claiming they're innocent.
YOU ARE! Get off your high horse, educate yourself, and learn to pay attention.

There's a billion other things you could do be doing, than spreading misinformation and bullshit.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Frisky said:

Yeah... it is crazy how they are lying to us... 60 tasks or not... they said they were pretty much done and blatantly lied... they could have said weeks ago.. oh we have 60 tasks left sadly... give  us a few more weeks and we will be good.. 

That would have been way more well received than 2 days before..

They haven't been lying.

They set an estimated date for when the remaining tasks would have been completed.
They still had more tasks left to do when that date came.

That happens, such is development. There's always delays in development. And game development is no exception. 

Sometimes, a task takes longer to complete than expected, or something unexpected happens.
We don't know, and there's no point in speculating.

But now, we at least know how many tasks are left, and their day to day progress. Instead of another arbitrary date.
This is MUCH better.

24 minutes ago, Hammo00 said:

Yep, but they knew that, so they shouldnt have set a date if they knew they cant make it. Im looking to get a refund.

They didn't know that. So stop your bullshit.
And again, you didn't BUY the game. You PLEDGED to help make the game. Which they are STILL making for you.

• Like 2

There's a few things that make me concerned, even moving past the nonevent release dates. 

In the March 3 dev blog, they cited needing to "reinforce [their] server structure and do more internal playtesting" as the main reason for the first delay. That's quite a few steps beyond design/art problems. This is compounded with a developer insisting it wasn't the art stuff holding things up a mere day before the delay. Perhaps the dev backer with retroactively prove to be good transparency, it's hard to say at this point (89% was looking pretty tasty...) 

I understand the exponential nature of game design, but the lack of in-game media since March, including the trailer, is a little disconcerting. We're hearing a lot about the new website coming together, but what of the signs of progress that the module itself is supposed to be? It isn't entitled to want people to keep to their word, or to become frustrated/disillusioned when that trust is repeatedly tested. 

• Like 1