7 minutes ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi You totally lost me here. lol. Who's talking about testing? That section you copied is not what's found in the url I sent you. The only one's that do the reviewing is steam, they do this to assure that when people download the game it actually runs. This review process takes 3-5 days. What exactly is your question? lol.

...please read my edit.   An again like I said in the edit review does not = testing in this regard. (I also quoted it fully in post before that.) 

An no questions here I am just correcting you @HAWK

Edited by Xzothi

31 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

I just quoted that (fully mind you.) and no it isn't reviewing and testing are different things.  When it comes to this. We are not talking about customer reviews, we are also not talking about reviewers who get a early copy of the game to review it. 

This type of review is checking files to see if there is anything that seems to brake the rules or seems to be in illegal in some way like stealing your information. (So kinda like a anti virus scan of said files.) So again not a play test.

@Xzothi Not sure where you're reading this but the review is as listed in the url:

" Our review of your game or software build prior to release typically takes 3-5 business days to complete, but we ask that you plan for at least five business days to ensure that we are able to review and approve in time for release and to allow for time in case an issue should arise. We'll send you any feedback if necessary, or if none is necessary, we'll mark your product as "Ready for release".

Here's a list of things we check for when reviewing your product:

• Your product will need to start up properly.
    This means that your product must successfully launch in all supported operating systems listed on the store page.
  • All supported features listed on the store page will need to be implemented in the current build.
    If you intend to add a feature in the future, you'll need to remove the selected feature in the Basic Info tab until it is implemented and released.
  • Your product must use Steam Wallet for any in-game transactions.
    This means that your product cannot link to other store pages that does not offer Steam Wallet."

So no where in this does it say " This type of review is checking files to see if there is anything that seems to brake the rules or seems to be in illegal in some way like stealing your information. (So kinda like a anti virus scan of said files.)" As listed just above it is a play test to assure that everything works. Now I believe this should end the confusion lol. This review has to be done for all game devs submitting their games to steam.

:

@HAWKgame is there, just hidden from public view until it’s ready for the two week lead time.

So.. basically, once we see a page on Steam for the Identity game we can count the hours till the release? :D

@Olio So you're telling me they got the review of their game already and have gotten their steam page reviewed as well by steam? That's what you're telling me by saying the game is there.

What I’m saying is that everything steam related will align with when it’s time for it to release. This is what I’ve been told.

Just now, Olio said:

What I’m saying is that everything steam related will align with when it’s time for it to release. This is what I’ve been told.

Ok I totally understand that. But having that said, based off of what the other mods said we still have at least 3 weeks until the module is released. Can you say otherwise?

11 minutes ago, HAWK said:

Ok I totally understand that. But having that said, based off of what the other mods said we still have at least 3 weeks until the module is released. Can you say otherwise?

All I can say is what I’m told, and that’s what I said. But like the others have said the game is broken into bits and it won’t likely be for sale through steam until everything is out. From my understanding is that the steam platform is being used to access the modules not as a source of purchase. We will have to see though. From what I’m told the steam side will be ok for when they are ready.

@Olio I understand your position. I've been talking about the Town Square module of course. Since steam is being the distribution center for the modules the game devs must follow their rules. Therefore, from my research (which some of it is based off of what the game devs have told some of the other mods) we still got a good month until this module actually releases. As of now there's no set time frame correct?

@HAWK and like I said many games have launched with out any executables.  I have also been in early games where they didn't have a server to play on during this window.  Yet they got on steam how is this?  An again nothing says play test there.  You have to realize review doesn't mean play test. Have you ever been around during a game launch in similar affects? Since I have I would think my experience out plays your misunderstanding.. 

15 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

@HAWK and like I said many games have launched with out any executables.  I have also been in early games where they didn't have a server to play on during this window.  Yet they got on steam how is this?  An again nothing says play test there.  You have to realize review doesn't mean play test. Have you ever been around during a game launch in similar affects? Since I have I would think my experience out plays your misunderstanding.. 

@Xzothi Alright I'm going to take the high road and just end this conversation here. I rather not sit here all day and discuss this matter when you can't read what's right in front of you. If you did any actual research you would know that a game doesn't need to have any servers to play on for it to be passed by steam. All they are looking for is that they can open up a program that the game dev said they should be able to open it without any problems. IT CAN BE JUST A MAIN MENU. As long as it opens that's all they care about. So yes they CAN get on steam by simply following the rules they set forth. Who's talking about a play test? I don't remember ever mentioning this and if I did I misspoke and actually it's still a play test, testing whether a person can open up the program and run properly. Obviously, you do not have much experience in game development or just plain reading the rules listed by steam. I don't know why it seem like you got really frustrated or something. I apologize if somehow you thought I was giving attitude or something. This was simply a discussion. So have a great day! It'll be fun when Identity releases and everyone can play.

Edited by HAWK
fixing

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi Alright I'm going to take the high road and just end this conversation here. I rather not sit here all day and discuss this matter when you can't read what's right in front of you. If you did any actual research you would know that a game doesn't need to have any servers to play on for it to be passed by steam. All they are looking for is that they can open up a program that the game dev said they should be able to open it without any problems. IT CAN BE JUST A MAIN MENU. As long as it opens that's all they care about. So yes they CAN get on steam by simply following the rules they set forth. Who's talking about a play test? I don't remember ever mentioning this and if I did I misspoke and actually it's still a play test, testing whether a person can open up the program and run properly. Obviously, you do not have much experience in game development or just plain reading the rules listed by steam. I don't know why it seem like you got really frustrated or something. I apologize if somehow you thought I was giving attitude or something. This was simply a discussion. So have a great day! It'll be fun when Identity releases and everyone can play.

I know all about it because I been there I been a "tester" so what are you trying to tell me? I am telling you they don't play test and no where does it say play test.  No where does it say testing to see if it will work. They just said that it should, there is a difference. (And when it is found out that it doesn't at launch then it gets taken off of steam.) @HAWK You think you know everything when you are talking to someone who has been there who has done that.  You have a great day too. No need for you to have attitude. 

Edited by Xzothi

20 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

I know all about it because I been there I been a "tester" so what are you trying to tell me? I am telling you they don't play test and no where does it say play test.  No where does it say testing to see if it will work. They just said that it should, there is a difference. (And when it is found out that it doesn't at launch then it gets taken off of steam.) @HAWK You think you know everything when you are talking to someone who has been there who has done that.  You have a great day too. No need for you to have attitude. 

@Xzothi Alright so I'll underlined everything that you might be missing that was said by steam:

" Here's a list of things we check for when reviewing your product

Your product will need to start up properly.

All supported features listed on the store page will need to be implemented in the current build.

Your product must use Steam Wallet for any in-game transactions."

Being a tester is not being a developer. Just want to let you know that. lol. So that's two totally different things when getting a game on steam. Do you think I'm saying a gameplay test? I can see how that's confusing. I'm saying "play test" as in they start the program, see if it runs, and if it does they close it and mark down that it works. So as cited above they DO say these test to make sure it works. NO WHERE DOES IT SAY "SHOULD". You haven't done that since you have never been a game developer who put a game on steam.

12 minutes ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi Alright so I'll underlined everything that you might be missing that was said by steam:

" Here's a list of things we check for when reviewing your product

Your product will need to start up properly.

All supported features listed on the store page will need to be implemented in the current build.

Your product must use Steam Wallet for any in-game transactions."

Being a tester is not being a developer. Just want to let you know that. lol. So that's two totally different things when getting a game on steam. Do you think I'm saying a gameplay test? I can see how that's confusing. I'm saying "play test" as in they start the program, see if it runs, and if it does they close it and mark down that it works. So as cited above they DO say these test to make sure it works. NO WHERE DOES IT SAY "SHOULD". You haven't done that since you have never been a game developer who put a game on steam.

No where does it say should you sure about that?? I quote" Your store page should only contain features and content that will be available at launch
You will need to remove screenshots, trailers, or features listed that contain content that are incomplete or planned to be implemented. If you include content that's planned to be implemented later in your description section, it will need to be clear that the feature is currently not released. "

Again I been there done that they again don't play test. What do you not understand about that? They do not play test they don't. They don't launch it they don't do any of that.  What don't you understand about that? Yes being a tester isn't being a developer being a random person online isn't being a developer or a tester or anyone who knows what is actually happening behind the scenes. Not sure why I have to keep trying to explain to you what actually happens behind closed doors. Yet you are not listening to any of it.

There is even evidence they don't play test or even launch it to the menu. Because there would never ever be a game launching on steam with no executable. To even get to a menu you need a executable with no executable game will not launch at all. 

Edited by Xzothi

@Xzothi Alright I literally can't explain it to you any better. I seriously showed the very paragraph on what they look for WHEN THEY TEST THE GAME! And yet somehow you keep stating these other passages that have nothing to deal with the review of the game. lol. My gosh. In the passage you quoted they are saying that when the game developer's game is published it cannot advertise things that they do not currently have in the game. Since it would be false advertisement. That has nothing to deal with their review of the game. That's just steam trying to cover the game devs and their own butts.

26 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

Yes being a tester isn't being a developer being a random person online isn't being a developer or a tester or anyone who knows what is actually happening behind the scenes.

This sentence just proves how invalid your argument is. You seriously stated that a random person doesn't know what's actually occurring behind the scenes. Key words "random person". lol. You can't argue that you know more about something than a random person. That's simply doesn't make any sense because for all you know you could be speaking to someone with 10 years of game development experience. Besides that you're a tester that isn't a developer and if you're saying that a "random person" isn't a developer than neither of you are better when debating what goes on in the background of game. Gosh dang. Having said that I've done a lot more research than you have in this specific area who just started looking at this stuff today. I'm done with this. Have a good day.

Edited by HAWK
fixing

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi Alright I literally can't explain it to you any better. I seriously showed the very paragraph on what they look for WHEN THEY TEST THE GAME! And yet somehow you keep stating these other passages that have nothing to deal with the review of the game. lol. My gosh. In the passage you quoted they are saying that when the game developer's game is published it cannot advertise things that they do not currently have in the game. Since it would be false advertisement. That has nothing to deal with their review of the game. That's just steam trying to cover the game devs and their own butts.

This sentence just proves how invalid your argument is. You seriously stated that a random person doesn't know what's actually occurring behind the scenes. Key words "random person". lol. You can't argue that you know more about something than a random person. That's simply doesn't make any sense because for all you know you could be speaking to someone with 10 years of game development experience. Besides that you're a tester that isn't a developer and if you're saying that a "random person" isn't a developer than neither of you are better when debating what goes on in the background of game. Gosh dang. Having said that I've done a lot more research than you have in this specific area who just started looking at this stuff today. I'm done with this. Have a good day.

I can tell from your responses you are not. Also can tell from earlier you thinking 1milion is a lot of money when it comes to game development.(It isn't.) 

I have been telling you they don't so now more aggression trod me. I don't need to do research because I have experienced it. I have been there done that.  Yet you don't seem to get this. Your research means nothing when I been there. An again I like how you can pick and choose words but every time you still can't find play test anywhere. Yet when I said they basically scan it you say they don't say that anywhere.(No duh since I was trying to describe it to you.) Yet they don't say they play test it either. Then you say it doesn't say should anywhere yet it does.  Here is another factor you can have 10 years of developer experience doesn't mean you have steam uploading experience.   Yes a tester does know what goes on in the background of the game. Do you not realize what is involved in testing? You as a tested need information of what is in the background to affectively test the background. 

Also just so you know I didn't just started looking at this today like I have said more then once I been there and done that.  Again there is more ways to test something with out playing or launching it.  To me with your responses though it seems like you are just defending steam because you think value can do no wrong. From your responses' in this forum you are acting like someone who knows more then everyone else.  You seem to be the type of person @HAWK that just because you read something means you know more then someone who has experienced it. 

Edited: You haven't even said anything to the affect of maybe when you were doing testing it may of been that way and it has changed since.(Which I didn't say I test actively so yeah big possibility.) Which this is something that should of been said way earlier if someone really had 10 years of supposed developer experience. 

Edited by Xzothi
edited

Dude just stop already. My gosh. How are you not getting tired of this? lol. I'm not going to discuss what you said because anyone can read what you just said and see the flaws in it. It's a gosh dang game dude. I said it's my opinion. That's it. Facts are facts. You don't need experience as a "tester" or a game developer to read the rules on steam. lol. You constantly trying to argue is not solving anything. Your argument just isn't valid. A tester doesn't develop a game. A tester knows only what they need to so they can give the game developers good feedback. I've said numerous times to drop it. So once more just drop the matter. Have a good day! Enjoy Identity it's gonna be great!

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, HAWK said:

Dude just stop already. My gosh. How are you not getting tired of this? lol. I'm not going to discuss what you said because anyone can read what you just said and see the flaws in it. It's a gosh dang game dude. I said it's my opinion. That's it. Facts are facts. You don't need experience as a "tester" or a game developer to read the rules on steam. lol. You constantly trying to argue is not solving anything. Your argument just isn't valid. A tester doesn't develop a game. A tester knows only what they need to so they can give the game developers good feedback. I've said numerous times to drop it. So once more just drop the matter. Have a good day! Enjoy Identity it's gonna be great!

Yet you know more then I right? It is your opinion and I am stating how it really is. I am telling you they don't play test it yet you think they do. (Again as was mentioned. I haven't actively tested in awhile.)  You are the one arguing since it is your opinion right? Yet I am telling you the facts on how it really is/have been.  They do not play test it.  Yet you know more?  Game developers to tell there testers more then you realize. You also don't know what type of tester I was or have been. Also why should I drop the matter? You are the one pushing it again and again. I am just filling in information for you. Yet you are arguing me about the information I am filling in with.  

My evidence is games launching with out a executable which shows that they don't play test the games. Where is your evidence they do? Since everything you have provided and linked says nothing about play testing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

@HAWK The game is already accepted onto steam. The store page is just hidden from the public. 

@LuckyDuck Actually, that is impossible. It is a requirement that the page MUST be visible to the public for two weeks.

22 hours ago, Xzothi said:

@HAWK Why do you think steam will play/test it? When games have launched with missing executables? Or some games that launch in another unplayable state.    These things wouldn't happen if the games were truly played before hand. 

@XzothiIt is a general requirement that the game must be reviewed. Now, I don't know if they play it or not, but that is besides the point. It takes 5 business days for it to be reviewed. 

So to sum all this up, there is no possible way that steam can be involved, IN ANYWAY, in the upcoming module without the 2 week "coming soon" page and a 5 day approval time.

And guys, I didn't start this topic for anyone to get into a bunch of fights or argue about anything. I just wanted a question answered. Now, before everyone starts arguing again:  I am going to give you the facts. Straight from Steam. The game cannot physically be published on steam without a public coming soon page. That is a fact. Steam says it. Now, there is also a 5 day approval period. That is a fact. Whether or not they play the game, is irrelevant. There is still a 5 day approval period. Despite what someone said here, the page cannot be "invisible". Now, I agreed earlier in this post that the module may not even be released on Steam, until the full game. I really don't know. I have got no idea what the plan is. Now, I don't know exactly whether or not the module can be submitted while it still being worked on. I know that it can be "updated" in some form though. There is a website called steamdb.co, and that allows you to view all information about a game. I have seen numerous "coming soon" games be updated throughout the entire time. However, I don't really know how the system works. But bottom line fact: It's going to be at least 2 weeks and 5 business days, unless they have another plan. Those are the facts straight from steam, no one can argue  them.

WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME BOAT HERE! WE ALL WANT THE GAME!

Edited by Citybuild122

23 hours ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi I'm telling you exactly what steam says they do on their game dev site. You are more than welcome to go on it and look at the same info yourself. But, like I said previously they say that they test the new games which takes around 3-5 business days in case they're unplayable. @LuckyDuck Yeah I think you're right. lol. I read that too, but I totally forgot about it. 

Just because they have a store page doesn't mean it's accepted. Just like Olio said they are developing the game during the 2 week review of their page. Therefore, it's indeed not accepted yet. Which is why my whole statement about it being another 3 weeks is true. After their two weeks of getting the review done they said they'll be finished with the module. Then steam needs to review it which takes 3-5 business days. Which is why it'll be about another month before we get the module. I'm using what the game devs have said through the moderators.

This response is very smart! Thank you for taking the time out of you're day to explain to people what they didn't understand!

@Citybuild122 there is no issue with reviewing the whole thing I was mentioning is they don't play test it. A big reason why it takes so long to review is because there are other games in the process to get reviewed. When you have limited man power you can only do so many reviews at a time.

@TPlays not sure how smart that response is when no information he provided says they test/playtest it, just review it.(There is a difference.)

Edited by Xzothi

Either way, we are all on the same team here. There's no need for everyone to argue about everything. We all want to see the game come out.

• Like 2