9 hours ago, ECorp said:

Way can they not just give a reply to the community?
It shows total disregard for there community, lack of respect and it is unprofessional at best.
@Beach_Ball, @Motown, @Paratus

In my humble opinion its time for you guys to address your community\ costumers.
I assume you will be taking the weekend off so where is the promised trailer and website?
That WAS promised BEFORE 23rd?

Thank you!

Hey ECorp,

I apologize for only getting around to replying just now.

The transparency around Asylum has been more like translucency, and in some cases, simply opaque. We do need to offer the community more insight into the project, as we understand that missed deadlines and silence is no way to build confidence with the fans.  The development tracker John has planned should help shed some light as to where progress currently stands and will enable users to follow along with the various milestones we accomplish.

I (along with other members) have been pushing to show footage on stream as per the recommendation of the community, as we also realize that posting artwork and assets only covers one aspect of the game. I know the the team has traditionally wanted to make the first impression amazing by saving a lot of the surprise aspect, but I personally believe it'd be best to show things sooner rather than later. We'll see what we can do.

While it's been difficult to get concrete information from the devs in the past few weeks, John is allegedly writing a message on the forums right now and should be posting a statement shortly.

I aim to convey as much information to the community as possible, and will continue to try and connect with the fans as best I can. I'm once again sorry about the late response, and the team truly will try to make amends as best we can.

here we go again, not even a new date, only a "minor delay".... I think around january there was also a "minor delay", and it took weeks to release:p im not sure what it was what was released, might be the meth video. 

24 minutes ago, ANOKATA said:

There's a delay again sorry guys.

Oh what a fucking shocker ?? at this point I'm not even surprised we all knew this would happen yet again, GG asylum entertainment.

Not long until we get the usual statement apologising for the delay and that asylum is committed to keeping us up to date blah blah blah the usual stuff. I called it on several posts that this would happen and look who's fucking right once again ?? somebody go tell polygamer Because I want to see what he has to say now that he's just been proven wrong ??

• ver.1.22474487139 2

1 hour ago, Beach_Ball said:

Hey ECorp,

I apologize for only getting around to replying just now.

The transparency around Asylum has been more like translucency, and in some cases, simply opaque. We do need to offer the community more insight into the project, as we understand that missed deadlines and silence is no way to build confidence with the fans.  The development tracker John has planned should help shed some light as to where progress currently stands and will enable users to follow along with the various milestones we accomplish.

I (along with other members) have been pushing to show footage on stream as per the recommendation of the community, as we also realize that posting artwork and assets only covers one aspect of the game. I know the the team has traditionally wanted to make the first impression amazing by saving a lot of the surprise aspect, but I personally believe it'd be best to show things sooner rather than later. We'll see what we can do.

While it's been difficult to get concrete information from the devs in the past few weeks, John is allegedly writing a message on the forums right now and should be posting a statement shortly.

I aim to convey as much information to the community as possible, and will continue to try and connect with the fans as best I can. I'm once again sorry about the late response, and the team truly will try to make amends as best we can.

Well you guys have lost my trust and respect, and i do not belive a word you say.
PROVE IT OR GTFO!

Edited by ECorp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECorp said:

Well you guys have lost my trust and respect, and i do not belive a word you say.
PROVE IT OR GTFO!

ECORP!! I now believe!!! Im with you!!!! Fight the Power!! 

How about to actually come up with a date that is actually doable this time by your staff and your own expectations. Whats the point in saying one thing and doing another that's just like one of those Classic shit dad promises ? 

11 minutes ago, ECorp said:

PROVE IT OR GTFO!

I agree with you on some level but mostly for the part that a lot of people are now going to be extremely pissed, we all saw this coming and to think otherwise is just nonsensical. They've lost a lot of people's trust after this because it's nothing but delays and being kept in the dark, what exactly have they got to show us? This whole ridiculous mentality of wanting first impressions to be the best is doing them more harm than good, I would have defended the devs on anything but after this they have got a lot of making up to do and reconvincing to people. Get your bloody act together or wave goodbye to pledgers, your choice guys Because you literally have no excuse for this other than you didn't get shit done on time so now we've got to wait yet another month because even if you say it could be a week or two we Know you'll just delay on that Iike everything else 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I agree with you on some level but mostly for the part that a lot of people are now going to be extremely pissed, we all saw this coming and to think otherwise is just nonsensical. They've lost a lot of people's trust after this because it's nothing but delays and being kept in the dark, what exactly have they got to show us? This whole ridiculous mentality of wanting first impressions to be the best is doing them more harm than good, I would have defended the devs on anything but after this they have got a lot of making up to do and reconvincing to people. Get your bloody act together or wave goodbye to pledgers, your choice guys Because you literally have no excuse for this other than you didn't get shit done on time so now we've got to wait yet another month because even if you say it could be a week or two we Know you'll just delay on that Iike everything else 

Which is why they don't give a date, again, to avoid such a situation. While I do understand how you feel and trust me, who likes me feels the same way, I am trying to see it from their point of view as well. They create an extremely detailed game, I'll give them whatever duration they need so we'll be able to enjoy in-game and not experience unexpected crashes or game-breaking bugs, memory leaks or un-optimized game which will require me to get i9 7900x & SLI Titan X to get it on minimum.
I wait for the new site, then a video, then information about all the systems in-game, not the game itself. I suggest you do the same.

Just now, Dandi said:

Which is why they don't give a date, again, to avoid such a situation. While I do understand how you feel and trust me, who likes me feels the same way, I am trying to see it from their point of view as well. They create an extremely detailed game, I'll give them whatever duration they need so we'll be able to enjoy in-game and not experience unexpected crashes or game-breaking bugs, memory leaks or un-optimized game which will require me to get i9 7900x & SLI Titan X to get it on minimum.
I wait for the new site, then a video, then information about all the systems in-game, not the game itself. I suggest you do the same.

Except for the fact that they can't even give us a video, it took nearly 3 years just to give us a 2 minute clip that could have been made in 2 weeks, yet they still can't get together a trailer for town square either. The TS trailer and website were supposed to be released by now and Because once again they haven't met their deadline it means we're the ones paying the price. In the real world if you start something you are expected to meet deadlines, they knew this would be challenging and complex but wanted to do it anyway, they should have been more prepared. Not my fault they can't meet deadlines, if I was in a job and kept needing extensions I'd have been sacked

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Except for the fact that they can't even give us a video, it took nearly 3 years just to give us a 2 minute clip that could have been made in 2 weeks, yet they still can't get together a trailer for town square either. The TS trailer and website were supposed to be released by now and Because once again they haven't met their deadline it means we're the ones paying the price. In the real world if you start something you are expected to meet deadlines, they knew this would be challenging and complex but wanted to do it anyway, they should have been more prepared. Not my fault they can't meet deadlines, if I was in a job and kept needing extensions I'd have been sacked

I agree. I think if we wait a month starting today, you will have too much information available. Just one month with all the finishing touches and then it will all come out at once and boom you've got so much of everything. The BIG release.
If you waited for 3 years for this game, I understand why you feel this way, but what's 1 month for this release at long last? It's nothing!

5 minutes ago, Dandi said:

I agree. I think if we wait a month starting today, you will have too much information available. Just one month with all the finishing touches and then it will all come out at once and boom you've got so much of everything. The BIG release.
If you waited for 3 years for this game, I understand why you feel this way, but what's 1 month for this release at long last? It's nothing!

Yeah well only time will tell, I might be more forgiving than others but that doesn't mean I'll keep putting up with delays because they can't get their act together

I have $500.00 into this game and joined over a year ago. I don't care if it takes two months or another year to launch as long as it's like nothing else ever ever done before. If you like playing tired games that have been beaten to death feel free to leave. I'm here for making history and being a founder.

Edited by Mordacar

1 hour ago, Mordacar said:

I have $500.00 into this game and joined over a year ago. I don't care if it takes two months or another year to launch as long as it's like nothing else ever ever done before. If you like playing tired games that have been beat to death feel free to leave. I'm here for making history and being a founder.

yeah well that's your opinion, I think now a lot of people are getting to the point where people are just loosing hope about this game ever launching. think the town square is suppose to have very base mechanics, no money, no jobs, no cars. just apartments, decorating and talking to people. and they've been doing that for 3 years and had 3 delays, I see where people are coming from on the idea that if that basic stuff takes 3 years how long is it going to take for the full game?

2 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

yeah well that's your opinion, I think now a lot of people are getting to the point where people are just loosing hope about this game ever launching. think the town square is suppose to have very base mechanics, no money, no jobs, no cars. just apartments, decorating and talking to people. and they've been doing that for 3 years and had 3 delays, I see where people are coming from on the idea that if that basic stuff takes 3 years how long is it going to take for the full game?

i agree with you this reminds me of day Z but aleast day Z has something you can play and we only have a 2 minute video IT HAS BEEN 3 years.

Like I've always said, I wanted to be proven wrong by the end of all this, but I ended up being proven right:

On 16/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, lamona said:

It would be a disaster to push it back to another date. I'm concerned they're going to scrap the release date altogether, and relegate it to the tracker; returning it comfortably back into the realm of "soon". Hopefully not, and this will turn out to just be the beginning of a very busy week leading up to the actual release of module one, which is what we all want! We'll see. 

I would say I told you so if I wasn't so annoyed.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 4/21/2018 at 10:47 PM, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

After the first release things will speed up, that's the nature of software development. Plus I think less is more this close to launch. Let us enjoy the surprise of how it all feels instead of giving us a detailed video this far in.

14 hours ago, Mordacar said:

After the first release things will speed up, that's the nature of software development. Plus I think less is more this close to launch. Let us enjoy the surprise of how it all feels instead of giving us a detailed video this far in.

after the first release huh? well I just compared ts stats where I took a screen shot 3 days ago and today, out of 64 task they only completed 1 so 4 more months if were lucky and another delay doesn't happen, but now I feel like they are just going to keep delaying it till they just release the full game because with each delay expectations go up in terms of gameplay

1 hour ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

after the first release huh? well I just compared ts stats where I took a screen shot 3 days ago and today, out of 64 task they only completed 1 so 4 more months if were lucky and another delay doesn't happen, but now I feel like they are just going to keep delaying it till they just release the full game because with each delay expectations go up in terms of gameplay

As of right now they have 12 task's done :)

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 2

Judging by the comments on here, I guess there aren't a lot of Star Citizen backers in the community xD

6 hours ago, Gometzler said:

As of right now they have 12 task's done :)

Plus 20 In Progress/Testing    That's 32 of 64 Tasks done or being worked on in 3 days.  Looking very good in my opinion.

• Like 1

Now we have 15 Task's done and 19 being worked on and 1 in testing ;)

Only 29 Task now which are not yet started :P 

Something everyone should consider is if they want to refund now or risk never being able to since they're probably going to say the founders have gotten what they've paid for or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Cool_Cat said:

Something everyone should consider is if they want to refund now or risk never being able to since they're probably going to say the founders have gotten what they've paid for or something along those lines.

Before I baked this project I knew there are risks and that stuff can happen. I have payed 250 if I lose them so be it. It's no problem because I can afford it.

Edited by Gometzler