connorkilpk

5 days ..

im really exited for the module and we only have 5 days for the release :) , , but im dissapointed that the devs promised like 3 times that they will release the trailer of TS and will release photos of end-finished TS , also they promised the website should be out before the the module. and again nothing happend :( , why i have a feeling this module will be pushed to May !!! and the new website wont come out ? 

Edited by connorkilpk
  • Like 1

5 days is a lot of time, especially in terms of finishing touches. I'm sure they want to release it when it's ready and not a pre-pre--testing-alpha version just for the sake of it.
Regardless, excitement is not a good way to describe how I feel just thinking about Identity and the 23rd... oh gosh!

14 minutes ago, connorkilpk said:

im really exited for the module and we only have 5 days for the release :) , , but im dissapointed that the devs promised like 3 times that they will release the trailer of TS and will release photos of end-finished TS , also they promised the website should be out before the the module. and again nothing happend :( , why i have a feeling this module will be pushed to May !!! and the new website wont come out ? 

There is some artwork you can find of town square!
I am really excited as well! Can't wait for monday to come!

• Like 1

Put it this way: if the new video, website AND module all come out in the next week, we're talking about an incredible, unprecedented turnaround in delivering on promises. But their latest post on social media suggests nothing but more of the same -- another render that won't even be in the module because there's no currency. 

If they were ready for April 23rd, surely they would finally be sharing at least in-engine screenshots? If it's not in a state where they can do THAT, the date is truly a pipe dream.

Edited by lamona
  • Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

9 hours ago, lamona said:

Put it this way: if the new video, website AND module all come out in the next week, we're talking about an incredible, unprecedented turnaround in delivering on promises. But their latest post on social media suggests nothing but more of the same -- another render that won't even be in the module because there's no currency. 

If they were ready for April 23rd, surely they would finally be sharing at least in-engine screenshots? If it's not in a state where they can do THAT, the date is truly a pipe dream.

That is my worry to, i mean as someone how been working professionally with UE 4 for the last 3 years.
I have to say it makes no sence what so ever, the only resson i can think of is that they don`t have anything:

My bet is that Monday will come and totoly quiet until forums light up and they are forced to tell us.
We wont be able to xxx an it is delayed, Town Square has to be in a engine project by now so way no screenshots?

We will see on monday notice someone asked about in stream 2 days ago.
He was bullied and harassed by the mods in the channel for asking a valid question.
If that is how Asylum is going to behave to questions am even more skeptic.

8 minutes ago, Rykam said:

Do not set a date if you are not sure of going out.

It is coming out mate

5 hours ago, ECorp said:

He was bullied and harassed by the mods in the channel for asking a valid question.
If that is how Asylum is going to behave to questions am even more skeptic.

Ecop- not sure what you meant by someone was harassed by mods in the last stream. I was the only mod that was there. I know there was some confusion of people asking if another player was a mod. The only “drama” that took place was a player demanding that the developers show the Unreal Engine development to prove the game is real. Identity has provided video and soon a hands on experience of their progress. This was addressed with player by Beach, myself and other members of the community. As you can imagine certain things are not streamed due to Copyright protection. If at any time you feel someone were to be harassed by a moderator please reach out to Beach Ball.

I would ^^ (sorry my english is terrible

I do not think he will release there are few communications, I think the game would be more advanced he would have more ad

I am kinda worried too that nothing has been said or shown this close to the release date, but that could also mean they are heads down working hard.

1 hour ago, Olio said:

Ecop- not sure what you meant by someone was harassed by mods in the last stream. I was the only mod that was there. I know there was some confusion of people asking if another player was a mod. The only “drama” that took place was a player demanding that the developers show the Unreal Engine development to prove the game is real. Identity has provided video and soon a hands on experience of their progress. This was addressed with player by Beach, myself and other members of the community. As you can imagine certain things are not streamed due to Copyright protection. If at any time you feel someone were to be harassed by a moderator please reach out to Beach Ball.

Well i realy don`t care ether way, but seemed you where trying to ignore him.
And then he was met with personal attacks instead of the explanation you just gave me.
Only reason i said anything is because at work my college said the same thing thats all and it made it into the post.

It came across hostile is what am saying and that is always a bad sign..

Edited by ECorp

Calling it now that it gets to one day left and they delay it like every other time, there's four days left and they still haven't released the town square trailer or launched the new website which in my eyes is a big red flag, I've had a lot of faith in the devs but if they delay this again I'm going to start losing trust in them 

• Like 1

Remember this bit from March's dev blog?

More work is required to ensure that the launch goes smoothly; we need time to reinforce our server structure and do more internal playtesting. 

According to that, they were very much just fixing out final issues and had something playable. In that case, what's the hold up with a trailer, or at the very least media from inside the game?

Considering it was the last stream before release date, I was expecting some kind of meaningful update on the state of things. Seeing more assets get put together, something which is very far away from "server structure and more internal playtesting", is too little too late at this point; we need to see an actual game. 

Edited by lamona

everyone has been making very valid points, but I believe they are working hard. I was watching jade's stream last night and he was doing little important touch ups with the apartments, so it looks more natural and sending it to another developer (dont know who) and putting it into the engine - communicating to each other so everything looks perfect at release. 

They are definitely working hard and I believe that they are almost there. I have no choice but to worry like everyone else. We are just days before before release date and I can't help but feel like another delay is coming. There has been no official word on anything and everyone is getting a little unsettled about it. They promised to keep us in the loop and be more transparent but we're more in the dark than ever. No one knows anything regarding to the TS trailer, not even the developers. Which worries me even more! There has been no word on the progress of the website - everyone is just assuming things now. 

This is the time for the identity team to restore their crippling reputation. Everyone is getting too hyped for the 23rd and if there were to be another delay, they would lose a lot of respect and gain a lot of hate. There would be no trust or hope, everyone will be sceptical in the future.

I am very much worried.

Edited by LIM1T_

7 hours ago, LIM1T_ said:

everyone has been making very valid points, but I believe they are working hard. I was watching jade's stream last night and he was doing little important touch ups with the apartments, so it looks more natural and sending it to another developer (dont know who) and putting it into the engine - communicating to each other so everything looks perfect at release. 

They are definitely working hard and I believe that they are almost there. I have no choice but to worry like everyone else. We are just days before before release date and I can't help but feel like another delay is coming. There has been no official word on anything and everyone is getting a little unsettled about it. They promised to keep us in the loop and be more transparent but we're more in the dark than ever. No one knows anything regarding to the TS trailer, not even the developers. Which worries me even more! There has been no word on the progress of the website - everyone is just assuming things now. 

This is the time for the identity team to restore their crippling reputation. Everyone is getting too hyped for the 23rd and if there were to be another delay, they would lose a lot of respect and gain a lot of hate. There would be no trust or hope, everyone will be sceptical in the future.

I am very much worried.

The only reason they released the gameplay footage of the meth lab is because people were getting pissed off and kept demanding something. If we have to keep getting on their case about things they keep saying time and time again that they'll give us then what's the point? They keep saying we'll be more transparent, we'll give you more media and everything else yet so far we've seen nothing, no town square trailer no new website nothing and that makes me think they're going to have another convenient delay that will be over nothing. They've had more than enough time, get on and show us the game already. It amazes me how they're happy to take people's money but yet it takes forever to release a 2 minute video, module trailer, new website and said module Itself ??

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1