Frisky

New Person just starting to follow this game, Should I be hyped for April 23

Recommended Posts

I have just recently pledged to play the beta, even though idk if I will be able to play since I have like a 5 years old alien ware.

 

Yeah I know buying pre-built gaming rigs is dumb but I was young and excited. Anyway I haven noticed a lot of setbacks being talked about and the worry the game is going to be pushed back again. I know it is only TS but I am excited to at least see how this game plays.

 

As a new person in this community, I want to be excited but I am also very skeptical with all these posts being so un sure.

 

So Should I and everyone else be worried in this final week of waiting? Or chug along on the hype train?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrinceofDerpness said:

I would say be skeptical. Don't jump on the hype.train, but also at the same time don't think that it is never going to be released.

 

Yeah I guess I am just too excited, as being a big PERP player in the past and as of somewhat recently this game seems to have all the elements I would want perp to be if it was a full game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also fairly new and am super hyped!! I really hope it's not delayed. I did check how far in advanced they announced the delay last time and it was around 20 days so I'm really hoping that if they had to delay it again they would have already mentioned it. :) I also feel like today is a very important day as it's the last week before module one and am hoping they release either a trailer or something to verify date is still correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AstraQuinn said:

I am also fairly new and am super hyped!! I really hope it's not delayed. I did check how far in advanced they announced the delay last time and it was around 20 days so I'm really hoping that if they had to delay it again they would have already mentioned it. :) I also feel like today is a very important day as it's the last week before module one and am hoping they release either a trailer or something to verify date is still correct.

 

Agreed hopefully something will get posted. I just hope my comp will be able to run it lol. I can run arma 3 and dayz and gta 5 so I hope I can

 

39 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

Been following since around start of 2016 hoping for Town Square. I think you should get excited

 

I am excited to see what TS has to offer I hope it shows good signs in what the whole game will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AstraQuinn said:

I am also fairly new and am super hyped!! I really hope it's not delayed. I did check how far in advanced they announced the delay last time and it was around 20 days so I'm really hoping that if they had to delay it again they would have already mentioned it. :) I also feel like today is a very important day as it's the last week before module one and am hoping they release either a trailer or something to verify date is still correct.

 

I totally agree, however I would prefer (as of right now) min/recommended PC requirements, as I doubt anything MAJOR will change, a speculation would do in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dandi said:

I totally agree, however I would prefer (as of right now) min/recommended PC requirements, as I doubt anything MAJOR will change, a speculation would do in my opinion.

The minimum / recommended system requirements for the 1st Module could change drastically for the full game. The First module is a small piece of the game and there will be lots more to come including the entire map at Beta after the 3 modules. 

Q: Recommended/Minimum System Requirements?
A: There is still a lot to optimize and stress-test, so we don't yet have the data to support a proper conclusion.

While a lot of the game's textures and models will be highly detailed, we still plan to offer lower graphical settings for those running older hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The minimum / recommended system requirements for the 1st Module could change drastically for the full game. The First module is a small piece of the game and there will be lots more to come including the entire map at Beta after the 3 modules. 

Q: Recommended/Minimum System Requirements?
A: There is still a lot to optimize and stress-test, so we don't yet have the data to support a proper conclusion.

While a lot of the game's textures and models will be highly detailed, we still plan to offer lower graphical settings for those running older hardware.

 

Thats good to hear that we will be able to turn down setting and such incase we can not run it at full boar. It would be a shame to only be able to play the first module just to find out you can't play your final product lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frisky said:

I have just recently pledged to play the beta, even though idk if I will be able to play since I have like a 5 years old alien ware.

 

Yeah I know buying pre-built gaming rigs is dumb but I was young and excited. Anyway I haven noticed a lot of setbacks being talked about and the worry the game is going to be pushed back again. I know it is only TS but I am excited to at least see how this game plays.

 

As a new person in this community, I want to be excited but I am also very skeptical with all these posts being so un sure.

 

So Should I and everyone else be worried in this final week of waiting? Or chug along on the hype train?

 

Welcome to the community frisky! Hoping to se you ingame soon! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, polydorou said:

Welcome to the community frisky! Hoping to se you ingame soon! :)

 

Yup I am excited to see people in the game as well. Only  a matter of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Frisky and welcome!

I've pledged back in December 2016 and I've seen a lot going on. Despite estimations being delayed many times, I can understand why they have done it. At the moment, Town Square is super close and so far it's all on track. I wouldn't be surprised if there was any small delays due to server side issues.

I'm definitely excited for it and we've never been so close to Module One ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Hello @Frisky and welcome!

I've pledged back in December 2016 and I've seen a lot going on. Despite estimations being delayed many times, I can understand why they have done it. At the moment, Town Square is super close and so far it's all on track. I wouldn't be surprised if there was any small delays due to server side issues.

I'm definitely excited for it and we've never been so close to Module One ever!

 

Yeah I can imagine there are gonna be some issues with servers right off the bat so I may wait a few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In short, they're not hitting deadlines, and there is little to suggest April 23 is a sure thing. We're less than a week away from the release, and there's no sign of new media, a trailer or the updated website. The time to sort of just "hope" that there's something really cool just around the corner fizzled out about a year ago when people were wondering if this exact same module was gonna come out. 

To give you an idea of timing, if you pledged during Kickstarter, you were told to expect a feature-complete beta in 2017. We're in 2018, and all we have a timeline on is a chunk of the alpha. 

So yeah, definitely don't be taking time off work or something for this, imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lamona said:

So yeah, definitely don't be taking time off work or something for this, imo. 

 

Already booked Monday and Tuesday off work lol! Staying positive!! 

~ Daily LOUD Identity Countdown Announcement across my office full of people that don't give a shit!.........CHECK!!

Edited by iMunkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iMunkie said:

Already booked Monday and Tuesday off work lol! Staying positive!! 

Haha well, in that case, I would strongly suggest having a Plan B lined up. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, iMunkie said:

 

~ Daily LOUD Identity Countdown Announcement across the office full of people that don't give a shit!.........CHECK!!

 

I would love to do that someday lol.

More people joining the HypeTrain! I love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lamona said:

Haha well, in that case, I would strongly suggest having a Plan B lined up. :P

 

*Nervous Laugh* There's plenty of Arma3 Scenarios still left to play, Just started Black Mesa too which is amazing. Anybody got any other game recommendations for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iMunkie said:

~ Daily LOUD Identity Countdown Announcement across the office full of people that don't give a shit!.........CHECK!!

 

It's easiest to sit in the corner and spit on ppl's work. Yeah, they had many delays, but if you want a game that devs were promised to give us, we have to own that quality, named "patience". It is not the only game in the world. Play other games. That's the way to kill the time before it kills you. And one day (and I hope that day is 23th April) you will finally have the opportynity to taste the "Identity". Everything is good when it ends good.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now