In certain areas, especially a place with a lot of businesses or venues, I think that paid parking would be a great way to allow players to make money.

So paid parking could be run in a select number of ways. The default way would be to have the parking service be owned by the town's government on an automated system, with a fixed price. The money earned would go to fund the local government. However I think that paid parking could be privatized.

If a player with enough money wanted to buy the parking lot/parking garage, they could do so and profit from it. And of course if the owner chose to, they could allow player employment, just like any other business.

A customer would drive up to a ticket dispenser, pay a price, and receive a parking ticket/receipt in their inventory (maybe you put the receipt in your window). This would allow people to break the law and illegally park if they chose to. Just by driving past the ticket dispenser, you could still park. Allowing illegal parking would also give the police another task they could carry out, and earn bonuses for.

Please tell me what you think of this idea, and if you agree that there should be paid parking.

EDIT: Thanks for all the replies, I'm glad I see my ideas are not totally idiotic xD

Edited by IdentityLIVE
  • Like 2

Cool idea! There will be parking meters in Identity.  However players can’t own parking garages or make money of people paying for parking.

• Like 2

Privatized parking spaces should only exist on a business owner's property. However, any city-owned property should ONLY consist of "paid public parking" that generates revenue with the state. 

• Like 2

I like the idea, but we should think bigger.
Why not have the mayor or ruling party decide these things. The positive about that, is that when "the people" see these things happen under the rule of a certain party, it could sway people to vote for another party.

Creating a more dynamic power struggle.
But the idea is interesting

12 minutes ago, jjustgreg said:

Why not have the mayor or ruling party decide these things. The positive about that, is that when "the people" see these things happen under the rule of a certain party, it could sway people to vote for another party.

It all comes down to what mechanics, revolving around this, that the devs implement. 

On 08/04/2018 at 2:41 AM, Cstove said:

Cool idea! There will be parking meters in Identity.  However players can’t own parking garages or make money of people paying for parking.

I pretty much agree with this. I just wanted to see what people thought really.

On 08/04/2018 at 4:39 PM, jjustgreg said:

I like how you thought about this. Putting pressure on politics...

On 08/04/2018 at 6:39 AM, DLimit said:

Privatized parking spaces should only exist on a business owner's property. However, any city-owned property should ONLY consist of "paid public parking" that generates revenue with the state. 

I agree with this, but I wonder what you think about jjustgreg's idea about the government controlling these things.

On 08/04/2018 at 4:39 PM, jjustgreg said: