polygamer96

DevBlog #16

I'm loving the UI of the character customization. Very clean and fits the game perfectly. Seems so detailed as well.. LOTS of sliders. The tattoo art is amazing as well and so detailed. The development team is so talented :) I'm so hyped for TS launch.

Also, what they said about the movement controls seems a lot better. That's how it works on another game I play and the movement is perfect. 

Edited by sarahd094
  • Like 4

The good news I was mostly wanting: Town Square did NOT get delayed! :D 

"We're working on getting new animations entirely" That's really nice, really looking forward to see those new animations! "We've been putting a lot of time into polishing and enhancing character creation and customization" Well I can see that in the screenshot, which looks neat. "The new website will have all sorts of shop options for you to check out, but one of the more interesting aspects will be our development tracker" I'm curious about those new shop options, I hope it's not only individual pledge reward items. But the development tracker is one of the thing I'm really looking for, that way we will be more up to date with their progress.

Town Square is coming really soon guys and girls. After a few years of waiting.

• Like 8

Skin texture to me looks a little off but that is fine. Since this is early days. Just updating lighting can make the skin look amazing.  

Other then that I am glad they updated us and are going to give us more information. It is nice to know where they are going when it comes to development. 

8 minutes ago, Frisky said:

I am just excited to see if i will even be able to run this game

why not be able to run it?

50 minutes ago, Frisky said:

I am just excited to see if i will even be able to run this game

What are ur specs?

In the previous blog, we were assured there would be media including a Town Square trailer video "overviewing the features you'll find inside" coming up before the release date on April 23. The trailer is mentioned in a Twitch clip with no date. 

Now, the Town Square release is described as if that date doesn't exist: "We're going to be showing you exactly where our development stands in regards to each milestone, such as the Town Square release." We already know where it stands, it's due to release in less than three weeks. 

That being said, the dev blog is the most obvious way to announce the delay. Leaving it for the redesigned website and tracker would be a far cry from transparent and open communication, lol.

Edited by lamona
sp

21 minutes ago, lamona said:

In the previous blog, we were assured there would be media including a Town Square trailer video "overviewing the features you'll find inside" coming up before the release date on April 23. The trailer is mentioned in a Twitch clip with no date. 

Now, the Town Square release is described as if that date doesn't exist: "We're going to be showing you exactly where our development stands in regards to each milestone, such as the Town Square release." We already know where it stands, it's due to release in less than three weeks. 

That being said, the dev blog is the most obvious way to announce the delay. Leaving it for the redesigned website and tracker would be a far cry from transparent and open communication, lol.

I don’t agree.  The video should release a few days before TS.  Right now there just polishing up TS and finalizing everything for the release, like fixing up animations.

13 minutes ago, Cstove said:

I don’t agree.  The video should release a few days before TS.  Right now there just polishing up TS and finalizing everything for the release, like fixing up animations.

I'm not sure what part you disagree with as I'm just referring to what the dev blogs said. While the video could come out a few days before the release date, all we've gotten since they told us we'd be getting more media is two screenshots (one of a building that won't be functioning on release) and more bathroom assets. There hasn't been any change to the output, basically. 

This won't really matter if it does arrive on time, but if it doesn't, it's just another delay being worsened by miscommunication. Any ideas why April isn't mentioned anywhere in the blog?

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

They're..

And about the videos, generally where a picture may tell more than thousand words, a video can tell more than thousand pictures.  For the TS trailer, it can wait. However it would have been nice to see the devs showing the character creation in action instead of a single picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHolyNZF said:

They're..

And about the videos, generally where a picture may tell more than thousand words, a video can tell more than thousand pictures.  For the TS trailer, it can wait. However it would have been nice to see the devs showing the character creation in action instead of a single picture.

There still touching it all up, working out all the bugs and stuff.

2 hours ago, lamona said:

I'm not sure what part you disagree with as I'm just referring to what the dev blogs said. While the video could come out a few days before the release date, all we've gotten since they told us we'd be getting more media is two screenshots (one of a building that won't be functioning on release) and more bathroom assets. There hasn't been any change to the output, basically. 

This won't really matter if it does arrive on time, but if it doesn't, it's just another delay being worsened by miscommunication. Any ideas why April isn't mentioned anywhere in the blog?

I don’t think there will be a delay, they didn’t mention a date in the dev blog because everything is on track to release on time.

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

There still touching it all up, working out all the bugs and stuff.

They should have something worth showcasing ready already at this point. But on the other hand you're right. The limited time is better spent on actually developing stuff.

Just now, TheHolyNZF said:

They should have something worth showcasing ready already at this point. But on the other hand you're right. The limited time is better spent on actually developing stuff.

I mean they showed us the character customization UI... On one of the streams the devs talked about how they don’t want to show gameplay of something until it is finalized, because a lot of people who will be seeing Identity for the first time might have bad impressions if they see a feature that’s not complete.  The devs said they just want to perfect everything before showing it off. 

I think the dev team is confident and feeling great at how far they have come. Their project is finely beginning to come together and I know as a creator that is more rewarding than ever. This will only push their determination and our hype for the game moving forward.

I am looking forward to upgrading my package and potentially picking up new things from the store on the new website when it gets released!

• Like 2

Guys there is nothing to argue on here...the dev team promised us some things and I fell as we get closer  to the release date (April 23rd) more content will come out from the dark.

We have waited for such a long time..2.5 weeks is nothing! Have patience

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, polydorou said:

Guys there is nothing to argue on here...the dev team promised us some things and I fell as we get closer  to the release date (April 23rd) more content will come out from the dark.

We have waited for such a long time..2.5 weeks is nothing! Have patience

That’s what I’m saying

10 hours ago, polydorou said:

That's what we're all hoping for of course, but it's important to remember a company's track record when it comes to making these kinds of promises. Perhaps there really is a lot of stuff they're on the brink of pulling the curtain on... however, that wasn't the case with the delayed video.

We'll see with the website update, which is supposed to tell us where the development is in terms of release. I just hope it isn't another progress bar, lol. 

I am so incredibly exited for the game!

Watching the game change and extend everyday makes it even better. Can't wait to try out all the great features and meet all of you guys in game.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cstove said:

they been polishing for a year now since TS was originally planned to come out almost a year ago to the date. this better be spotless with the amount of polishing they doing

Edited by Frostybeans

21 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

they been polishing for a year now since TS was originally planned to come out almost a year ago to the date. this better be spotless with the amount of polishing they doing

That’s not true at all... they’ve recreated Town Square 3 Times now to make it better.  They haven’t been “polishing” for a year now.

Just now, Cstove said:

That’s not true at all... they’ve recreated Town Square 3 Times now to make it better.  They haven’t been “polishing” for a year now.

pretty much a year ago the status was 95% complete on town square and kept being said it was soon. I'll believe them when people are actually in the game, until than i don't trust any release date they mention, including April 23rd. i wouldn't even be surprised anymore if they pushed back again.

• Like 1