Sign in to follow this  
DrivenMuffin

Competitive Business

So a lot of you are aware that there are tons of new great companies being presented to the forums on a regular basis and that is amazing! From transportation and logistics, to legal and investing, as well as security firms calling Identity their place to develop their businesses.

Many people constantly sharing ideas of saturated markets with tons of competition and lack of market share.

I believe competition is a great thing. It encourages innovation, development of better services and products, and options for customers to choose rather than being subject to a market monopoly. Now of course these arguments are valid for a realistic capitalist market but for the market in Identity it will play out a little differently but still in the same sense. 

Take every business posted on the forums here, categorize them into relative services according to what industry they belong to, then compare that amount of companies to the total amount of servers and people Identity will have come release date. You will find we have a very minimal glance at the companies that will actually be in Identity due to some not creating it until the game is released, some owners choosing different career paths, etc.

Though it is a regular occurrence to see similar companies, consider the above statements and the fact that Identity only supports a set variety of companies to be created (transport, logistics, legal, retail, maybe more later). 

Lastly, 99% of businesses founded in the real world have borrowed something they learned from another and the same applies to Identity forums. It is extremely rare to "invent" something for your business that hasn't been already thought of by someone else. I encourage business owners to learn from current businesses (what works what doesn't) and apply that to theirs BUT you should always give credit where credit is due in one way or another.

So give the fresh users a break we have all been there before.

Edited by DrivenMuffin
  • Like 2

I agree with everything you have said, I have no issue with taking inspiration or even taking something. I just believe like you said giving credit. Acknowledging your inspiration is great etiquette, It makes the person that has inspired the idea feel great and inspires the person taking the inspiration. That in turn, inspires innovation and turns the wheel of using each other's innovations to create great businesses. When I got into the business sector I chose to live by two great quotes "A business that is only in it for making money, and not helping other people, is a poor business." & " Do not worry about people using your ideas. Begin to worry when they stop." I will always be happy to help a new business or a legacy business. At the end of the day, we are a community. Elevating ourselves does nothing, elevating each other makes great fun and a great community, which equally in turn, creates a great business.

Edited by MichaelPayne
  • Like 1