Sign in to follow this  
DLimit

Realistic Speech

The subject of speech...

Speech should be incapable of traveling through walls. The primary issue with a lot of role-playing games, specifically "ARMA 3", revolves around the notion that an individual could hear 100% of a court case by merely standing outside of the building's brick wall, which is extremely unjust and unrealistic since subjects should not possess access to confidential or sensitive information through an entire brick wall.

Speech should be realistic, indicating that "whispers" should not be observable to individuals within a reasonable distance while yelling could only be heard as a light muffle through a concrete wall.

Edited by DLimit

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

The subject of speech...

Speech should be incapable of traveling through walls. The primary issue with a lot of role-playing games, specifically "ARMA 3", revolves around the notion that an individual could hear 100% of a court case by merely standing outside of the building's brick wall, which is extremely unjust and unrealistic since subjects should not possess access to confidential or sensitive information through an entire brick wall.

Speech should be realistic, indicating that "whispers" should not be observable to individuals within a reasonable distance while yelling could only be heard as a light muffle through a concrete wall.

There is realistic speech, When you talk and if someone is listening behind the wall, the speech will slightly muffled depending on the objects in between the 2 people e.g. glass.

Example: I am playing loud music in my car, windows are closed and so it is not as loud or slightly muffled for you as you walk past. If I open the window, it would be very clear for you to hear the music. 

Example, if you whisper then the sound can only be heard by the people really close to you. If I shout, then it travels further. If I want a long distance talk, I need a microphone or mega phone.

• Like 3