I have seen many people talking about text to speech, but there is something better and more reliable in my opinion. I don't want to start a fight, but I tried out Roblox, and one thing interested me that I haven't ever seen in other multiplayer games; the Speech Bubble. I think that his would be great in a game like Identity, so conversations about finances don't get monitored by rival businesses over the chat box. It would also have a radius, so if you had binoculars a mile away and saw the conversation, you wouldn't see the bubble. You could also place a bug in a room that would record the Speech Bubble conversation. It would be helpful for those who do not have mics.

You will have speech bubbles in Identity. Perhaps not at the initial Town Square release, but shortly after.

This is a system we've used a lot in the past; I coded this mechanic in Mortal Online and it's existed in many games prior, including the very first mass-market MMORPG, Ultima Online. Infact, even World of Warcraft has this feature but I'm not sure if it's on by default.

We agree that it's far more immersive this way than having to look down at your chat box when speaking with someone in front of you.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

12 minutes ago, Paratus said:

You will have speech bubbles in Identity. Perhaps not at the initial Town Square release, but shortly after.

This is a system we've used a lot in the past; I coded this mechanic in Mortal Online and it's existed in many games prior, including the very first mass-market MMORPG, Ultima Online. Infact, even World of Warcraft has this feature but I'm not sure if it's on by default.

We agree that it's far more immersive this way than having to look down at your chat box when speaking with someone in front of you.

Thanks so much for the reply!

• Like 1

Speech should be incapable of traveling through walls, as-well. The primary issue with a lot of role-playing games, specifically "ARMA 3", revolves around the notion that an individual could hear 100% of a court case by merely standing outside of the building's brick wall, which is extremely unjust and unrealistic since subjects should not possess access to confidential or sensitive information through an entire brick wall.

Speech should be realistic, indicating that "whispers" should not be observable to individuals within a reasonable distance while yelling could only be heard as a light muffle through a concrete wall.

• Like 1