MaxColSha

RP encouragement (RDM,VDM and Fail RP)

If you have ever played altis life you know that RDM, VDM and Fail RP are massive issues in the game and are  very common. They are also frustrating for people who follow the strict rules because eventually everyone makes a slip. In altis life these rules are forced and are punishable by a ban. What I would like to see would be more along the lines of RP encouragement. For example; a police officer who takes a suspect into custody should make 10x the amount of money over just killing them. This makes the police WANT to use their voice to engage with the suspect over just killing them on sight resulting in bland and boring game play.

i would love to something like if someone presses an interaction hotkey for attempting RP

and give the person who gets interacted with an menu with choices so the game itself recognizes how you would approach the situation your in?

just an idea though

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, grimjoker said:

i would love to something like if someone presses an interaction hotkey for attempting RP

and give the person who gets interacted with an menu with choices so the game itself recognizes how you would approach the situation your in?

just an idea though

This is more for Text RP/ RP not used when you have a microphone. Test chat will be basic and things like this would likely not be added. There will be a few interaction emotes however. 

This is a great idea but I don't think (IMO) that it will go with this game as it is more focused on VOIP chat and not text.

Karma system might work well. If you RP with someone and it goes well and they RP back you would up rate them. If you try RP and they dont you would down rate them. Then just group players with similar ratings together on servers and let the RDM, VDM players get rekt on the fail RP servers and the serious RPer enjoy ths game with other like minded individuals. This is obviously just theory, no idea if its actually practical or possible...

Main flaw with things like this is cyber bullying. Groups of players spam downvote or fake report fail rp which then takes its toll on staff etc. If people want strict rp they can either
- host their own strict rp server
- join a strict rp server
- play fiveM

The main drawcard for identity to me is that it facilitates close to real ecosystems but does not force this context of IC / OOC so its more like a game for lots of people than a prison of subjective rules and steep lerning curves for newbies. It can get exhausting all the finger pointing about who is powergaming and who is meta gaming or what 1 person considers fail rp another doesn't etc.

Official servers are casual RP while private servers can enforce rules and such but this sort of thing is not what the official servers will ever have. RP won't be monitored like private servers @DeWaldo89The up-vote and down voting thing is a good idea but not practical.

Im pretty sure the devs have talked about this and this is similar to what they plan on doing, since they can't enforce rules like that for such a large amount of people. Well they could, but strict rules make the game less fun, regardless of how you enforce them. IE their stress mechanic they spoke about, and how murder is a permanent wanted level, ect.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, DeWaldo89 said:

Karma system might work well. If you RP with someone and it goes well and they RP back you would up rate them. If you try RP and they dont you would down rate them. Then just group players with similar ratings together on servers and let the RDM, VDM players get rekt on the fail RP servers and the serious RPer enjoy ths game with other like minded individuals. This is obviously just theory, no idea if its actually practical or possible...

What if I wanted to become a serial killer and murder everyone is it still RDM?

2 hours ago, Kellog said:

What if I wanted to become a serial killer and murder everyone is it still RDM?

Yes and no IMO. I think if you want to become a serial killer then for it to not be RDM then you would have to make kills with a sort of Pattern and not just random killing. Also Mass killing would be RDM if you was trying to RP a serial killer as it is just killing with no patterns. This is entirely my opinion on the matter!

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes and no IMO. I think if you want to become a serial killer then for it to not be RDM then you would have to make kills with a sort of Pattern and not just random killing. Also Mass killing would be RDM if you was trying to RP a serial killer as it is just killing with no patterns. This is entirely my opinion on the matter!

Thats a great way of defining it though right. Like having a definitive calling card pattern with clues and evidence...its the only way I can see for it to work without being catagorised as RDM...

Killing without a pattern in single mass hits wouldnt be RDM either.. happens often IRL usually it needs motive, buildup .. but victims and cops often have no idea why .. somethimes it is just a mentally deficient individual without a motive killing because they can. When you consider how many ppl mass kill just because they can in a game it is terrifying to consider irl what would happen if they realised cops cleanup after an incident usually..rarely do they get to a scene in time to prevent it.

When I play, even if RDM is allowed I need a motive..other than.. I was bored. So maybe ppl that enjoy killing out of bordom are playing a role without realising it...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Would a planned bombing/ terrorist organization hostage situation be rdm if it was planned and not just some random guy saying allahu akbar?

I wouldn't have a problem with it provided there was something other than just planting a bomb and saying nothing.

For instance, if you were part of a terrorist organisation and the members knew and you collectively put out 'media' footage for your cause and motives before or after the fact. Called in the bomb scare in advance, alerted or tipped of journalists, etc. Prob also worthwhile providing backstory and plans to some key members of the police OOC so they know how to RP and what to share with the public.

Ultimately I suppose as long as you are giving other players the opportunity to RP they're reactions, professions and get involved in the drama I wouldn't personally have an issue. Journalists can have a scoop story, law enforcement have a high priority target, emergency services have an emergency, your group/organisation/cell can sway public opinion, government have politics and new agendas, etc. 

If however you just plant a bomb and watch it explode then yeah would consider it RDM and would like to see you banned...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeWaldo89 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it provided there was something other than just planting a bomb and saying nothing.

For instance, if you were part of a terrorist organisation and the members knew and you collectively put out 'media' footage for your cause and motives before or after the fact. Called in the bomb scare in advance, alerted or tipped of journalists, etc. Prob also worthwhile providing backstory and plans to some key members of the police OOC so they know how to RP and what to share with the public.

Ultimately I suppose as long as you are giving other players the opportunity to RP they're reactions, professions and get involved in the drama I wouldn't personally have an issue. Journalists can have a scoop story, law enforcement have a high priority target, emergency services have an emergency, your group/organisation/cell can sway public opinion, government have politics and new agendas, etc. 

If however you just plant a bomb and watch it explode then yeah would consider it RDM and would like to see you banned...

Yea that was what I was trying to get at, because i've seen so many rdm bombings in like Arma and Gta and it is annoying that there is no rp on the victims side or anything so yea.... not saying i would like to create a terrorist cell and plan for months to bomb the town square.....,noooooooo......... ;)