Winther

I feel betrayed

I got kinda pissed off when I found out that you were going to have micro-transactions for cosmetics in-game.

Why would you make this game more simular to Club Penguin. I just do not get it, please explain. Did you not raise enough money?

Well, the only really great way to prolong the games life with free updates like they want to would be for them to have a streaming source of revenue coming in. While DLC could be an option this is the second best answer. The name might be ugly but really, they’re nothing advantageous. And there really isn’t going to be much grinding. It would be buying things like Identity tee shirts ingame or just a unique apartment layout. Or even a lower tier car Incase you need one ASAP. No way are players pushed towards buying these. They just assist in their long term goal to keep the game fresh with new stuff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Winther said:

I got kinda pissed off when I found out that you were going to have micro-transactions for cosmetics in-game.

Why would you make this game more simular to Club Penguin. I just do not get it, please explain. Did you not raise enough money?

As long as it is cosmetics who cares.. once they start letting people buy advantages in game... then there is an issue

• Like 1

What the fuck ! Dont let micro-transaction ... We are suppose to win our money in the game and buy everything with that if you want really make a RP game . Dont choose this way asylum please .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hipik47 said:

What the fuck ! Dont let micro-transaction ... We are suppose to win our money in the game and buy everything with that if you want really make a RP game . Dont choose this way asylum please .

If they don't have a source of revenue like it was said above, then free updates won't be like they want it to be. The micro transactions are only cosmetics and so it is not pay to win. The items you can buy within the in-game store can be acquired with in-game money I believe also and so even though you can get something quickly with real money, it doesn't mean it is the only option.

4 hours ago, Frisky said:

As long as it is cosmetics who cares.. once they start letting people buy advantages in game... then there is an issue.

I totally agree. It makes me sick (in GMOD DARKRP) when somebody destroys my business and bullies me because he paid $20 to be an "admin".

Edited by subway244
I PUT THE WRONG WORDS. SORRY I WASN'T THINKING WHEN I PUT THE WRONG WORDS!

9 minutes ago, subway244 said:

I totally agree. It makes me sick (in GMOD DARKRP) when somebody who spent in-game money destroys my business and bullies me because he paid $20 to be an "admin".

That won't ever happen in this game.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

This is not Pay to Win buddy. I'm not opposed to micro-transactions, as long as they don't offer significant advantage to other players. I mean yeah I've spent $250 for the pledge rewards, which was my choice to support the developers, and I might buy some other packs in the future if I'm interested. Cosmetics items are just for appearance/look. I know that Asylum is not going to be going the same way as Rockstar is, with those Shark cards...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

That won't ever happen in this game.

Thanks so much for the reply. That's good to know.

• Like 1

This topic has been covered previously. (closed by devs)  Their response is that the money will help further develop the game and they will not sell items that give advantages etc...  It seems like the whole world is accepting micro-transactions and it is ruining gaming in my opinion.  Want that cool shirt?  Give me $2.00 real bucks and it is yours!  Poof!  You don't have to go our and EARN it, just get instant gratification for a fee..... Ok, enough of my rant. 

• Like 2

like stated as long as its not pay to win type of stuff then who cares......u dont want then dont buy!

Micro-transactions in games make boatloads of money. There is no reason not to put cosmetic micro-transactions into your game. 

1 hour ago, Homgrwn said:

like stated as long as its not pay to win type of stuff then who cares......u dont want then dont buy!

You are completely missing the point of what he is trying to say...

The ''  Cosmetic '' or '' stuff '' will be LOCKED and cannot be unlocked by playtime,point,playing hours etc.  Hearing about cosmetic and LOCKED items hidden by a paywall, im afraid to say that Everyone Will Be Running Around Looking The Same Until You Pay For Cosmetic. But i just hope they control microtransaction in the game, like not make it a slotmachine like cs:go etc.

Problem with microtransaction nowadays is that you pay for items to unlock that you dont even want.

Example: You payed 5-10$ to buy a key to unlock a box and you are aiming to get that black shirt but you get something els. Same system exist in PUBG and Counter Strike. I just hope they control the way with microtransaction. Many games today that was developed before microtransaction was even a thing. Now they like '' shot themselves in the foot ''. All i want to say for the developers is to stay ORIGINAL. Just dont do what other developers are doing with their games.. Stay ORIGINAL!

Edited by WalterCash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WalterCash said:

The ''  Cosmetic '' or '' stuff '' will be LOCKED and cannot be unlocked by playtime,point,playing hours etc.

Thank you Waltercash, for making my point clearer :D.

I think it is foolish to assume what Asylum Entertainment will do to Identity in the future.
Will they make Identity the awesome MMORPG they promised, were player interaction keeps the game fun and refreshing? 
Or, will Asylum implement cheap and dirty cash-grabbing features such as locking certain items behind a paywall?

I have pre-ordered Identity, and I am hyped to play-test the soon to be released Town Square module. However, I keep getting a airy feeling that Identity will not deliver what it has promised, also known as the No Man Sky effect. 
I want the game to fulfil all the features Asylum Entertainment have promised, but sadly, I do not think Identity would be that great of a hit if Asylum locks certain features behind a paywall.

I sure, would not be happy if Identity turns out to be like the old online flash RPGs such as Club Penguin and Movie Star Planet.
Well, that is what I have to say.
Let us hope Identity be a great success!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalterCash said:

You are completely missing the point of what he is trying to say...

The ''  Cosmetic '' or '' stuff '' will be LOCKED and cannot be unlocked by playtime,point,playing hours etc.  Hearing about cosmetic and LOCKED items hidden by a paywall, im afraid to say that Everyone Will Be Running Around Looking The Same Until You Pay For Cosmetic. But i just hope they control microtransaction in the game, like not make it a slotmachine like cs:go etc.

Problem with microtransaction nowadays is that you pay for items to unlock that you dont even want.

Example: You payed 5-10$ to buy a key to unlock a box and you are aiming to get that black shirt but you get something els. Same system exist in PUBG and Counter Strike. I just hope they control the way with microtransaction. Many games today that was developed before microtransaction was even a thing. Now they like '' shot themselves in the foot ''. All i want to say for the developers is to stay ORIGINAL. Just dont do what other developers are doing with their games.. Stay ORIGINAL!

Sorry you had to write all that(I didn’t even finish reading) but I think you miss understood me! Anyways back to living life.......