NanoSpace

Delay thoughts?

Delay thoughts?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will the devs meet the new deadline?

• Yes, I have faith in them
    • Maybe? 50/50 chance
    • No, they will delay again
  2. 2. Position towards the game if they delay?

• Not changing. All games take time
    • More likely to refund sooner rather then later
    • If April is delayed I'll refund
    • Time to take a break from the community and come back later
  3. 3. How should the devs fix these problems?

• Give more PR towards TS
    • Hire more people
    • Other (Put in comments)
    • Focus on TS Development

Many people are upset about the delay and many more are telling the Devs to stop giving deadlines.

Both fair.

A LOT has been said about timetables and game development in this community regarding the TS module in particular. We know good games take time.

Please take a step back and just realize where we are as a community that is shaping a game that most of us want it to be the best it can and a team of Developers with the same  belief working to that end.

I've not been around as long or as often as other members here, but in my short time and limited knowledge, I can appreciate the progress the Devs have made. The video was not 4k quality ok, but in it we witnessed details and our imagination lit up again. 

The TS module will be worth the wait. Whatever the wait.

The game is making progress, and sometimes progress has delays, and thats ok. if you want examples just think of your own life; Does everything ALWAYS go according to schedule in your life without a delay ever? better late than never some would say, anyway im rambling.

Hyped as always! Peace.  giphy.gif

• Like 1

I don't mind that the game is being pushed back by one month, if there are imperfections in town square they need to be attended to asap. I just think that developers needed more time to work on infrastructure within the server itself to hold the mass population that will hit on the 23rd of April. 

On 3/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, Beach_Ball said:

Hey iiMStevo,

While I do garner the Community Manager name, I also end up doing a large amount of Customer Service and other miscellaneous tasks that would otherwise occupy a developer's time. I try to get new screens and information out when I can, but such material usually needs to be cleared by either the Art Director or CEO. I'm in charge of scheduling the streams and definitely try to get any new artwork or assets out to our social media wherever possible. I know the 4 - 5 pm est timeslot doesn't work the best for streams so I make an effort to get highlights done and logged in our twitch clip directory while also saving each VOD to our YouTube as unlisted (the URLs are in the directory here http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/10271-twitch-clips-directory/)

The new website should bring some welcome changes to both updated information and overall presentation. The developer tracker should be reiterating what's posted on some of our social media, but it's admittedly seen better days as behind the scene tweaks have left it partially functioning. The Web dev is working on rectifying this for the new site layout. I'll see if I can get help contribute some new media to the forums in the meantime. At the very least, I'll keep the new screenshots thread in Town Square updated. I apologize for not appearing as frequently as I should on the forums and I'll make an effort to turn this around.

Thanks for the response.
What about doing recap articles after a stream? Surely the content that was broadcast is already pre-approved to be showcased to the community? 

recap article? they are streaming, making "highlights", why do articles about the streams? The content in the streams is in development so if u follow the streams you see the "new content" 

6 hours ago, Theezakj said:

recap article? they are streaming, making "highlights", why do articles about the streams? The content in the streams is in development so if u follow the streams you see the "new content" 

I don't think you understand the problem...
If everything relating to news and development is announced via the twitch streams (something that not all people use), then what's the point in having a website; dedicated to the news, development and community for the game, if everyone just says "just watch the streams"?

Like I've already said, I don't mind getting the recap of a twitch stream now and then. The problem I have is that I can't engage in any of those twitch streams, I can't ask questions because it's no longer live in my timezone. My friends that are looking forward to this game only visit the website once every couple of weeks to check on progression and often see nothing because nothing is being put on the website.
I can't see why there's a problem with publicising the progress on their own website, it's like Microsoft going to Google and saying "Hey, can you advertise our new browser for us?" and then telling everyone to go look at their new browser previews on Google Chrome...
(If you don't understand the metaphor; it's a terrible business decision to headquarter your progress externally - somewhere that takes away activity and traffic from your business)

Edited by iiMStevo

2 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

I don't think you understand the problem...
If everything relating to news and development is announced via the twitch streams (something that not all people use), then what's the point in having a website; dedicated to the news, development and community for the game, if everyone just says "just watch the streams"?

Like I've already said, I don't mind getting the recap of a twitch stream now and then. The problem I have is that I can't engage in any of those twitch streams, I can't ask questions because it's no longer live in my timezone. My friends that are looking forward to this game only visit the website once every couple of weeks to check on progression and often see nothing because nothing is being put on the website.
I can't see why there's a problem with publicising the progress on their own website, it's like Microsoft going to Google and saying "Hey, can you advertise our new browser for us?" and then telling everyone to go look at their new browser previews on Google Chrome...
(If you don't understand the metaphor; it's a terrible business decision to headquarter your progress externally - somewhere that takes away activity and traffic from your business)

Every Twitch stream clipped to specific questions for a easy find: 

I will say that this new release date is a day before my birthday so I'm not too bummed about it :)