Personally, I don't have a lot of experience in terms of how development teams work; however, I have a couple of thoughts on this.

Generally, there are going to be different departments and different stages of development within an entire team. You have codes, world builders, artists of various kinds, etc. These sections require different times of development. Obviously, the 3d stuff is going to be among the most intensive and lengthy of this timeline.

However, there also then comes a time where you then put these assets together. This means less actually creating the assets and more of actually putting the assets into the world. This also then means the people creating the actual assets would not have anything else to do if it's someone else building the world. Do you just send those people home or do you get them to work on the next set of assets for the next module? The later is going to be much more efficient. Now, I don't know if this is actually the case, but if they are working on the swat assets now, I'm inclined to think that.

Another point I want to make is that this is a long term commitment and an overall goal. The Town Module is just one module and a method to temporarily please us as the game continues development. But, because there is an overall goal in this, it would be pointless to only make a Town Square and ignore the general framework that the game itself is going to be. Therefore, it is also going to be more efficient for them in the long run if they work on the framework of the game while also working on the Town Square.

I think in the end it's important to have patience and realise that, just because they have assets for the next module started, it doesn't mean they're not putting all of their other resources towards the Town Square. There are different development phases afterall as I've already mentioned. :)

• Like 1

With any of the modern game development it is a potential for a cash scam.. If you get money regardless of a product being finished and have no group of investors expecting their money back then there is no pressure on these developers.. It could go on FOREVER!  So there's that.. Not say this game is such a thing but overall as long as they receiving income for it, it really doesn't matter if they release something or not..  On top of that it's going to be an MMO which means they're going to charge all sorts of money for trivial virtual shit... I'm following because it's interesting and it could be good, but depending on how this develops.. if they don't releases something April... I only have so much time on this planet.. so... Waiting on these game is a waste of time.  

With any project, lack of lawyers, no board of investors, not contact... no obligation to produce or have a good reason for not meeting deadlines... They could drag it on forever...  Investment scams.. BUT in this case they get the benefit of the doubt because they have bee showing a lot of work they have done...  BUT just because they have a working version with their equipment doesn't mean they could ever release a working version for current gaming machines..  Is everything they're doing nothing more than a ruse to bait more investors?  It's a lot of What if.

I will say the amount of detail they have put into modeling, texturing, shading and lighting  is very impressive, it is a marvel.

20 hours ago, Ronald_MackDonald said:

With any of the modern game development it is a potential for a cash scam.. If you get money regardless of a product being finished and have no group of investors expecting their money back then there is no pressure on these developers.. It could go on FOREVER!  So there's that.. Not say this game is such a thing but overall as long as they receiving income for it, it really doesn't matter if they release something or not..  On top of that it's going to be an MMO which means they're going to charge all sorts of money for trivial virtual shit... I'm following because it's interesting and it could be good, but depending on how this develops.. if they don't releases something April... I only have so much time on this planet.. so... Waiting on these game is a waste of time.  

With any project, lack of lawyers, no board of investors, not contact... no obligation to produce or have a good reason for not meeting deadlines... They could drag it on forever...  Investment scams.. BUT in this case they get the benefit of the doubt because they have bee showing a lot of work they have done...  BUT just because they have a working version with their equipment doesn't mean they could ever release a working version for current gaming machines..  Is everything they're doing nothing more than a ruse to bait more investors?  It's a lot of What if.

I will say the amount of detail they have put into modeling, texturing, shading and lighting  is very impressive, it is a marvel.

What you think is all up to you. Whether you want to invest or not, or think this is a potential scam or not. Asylum could partner with a publisher, but decided not to do so because those tend to dictate things out. They want to have freedom and work at their own pace. I still think this project is true at this time and I've already invested a lot to support the developers. I think John (and or Sean) have talked a few times concerning people who are still skeptical about the project.