CowboyFarts

Let admins of Private Server spawn items, money and do other major things.

Now I know how corrupt a server can be and I understand why devs want a system in a way so that admin cant abuse their powers. 
But I think they should allow admin having such permission on private server. Primarily because sometimes when people break rules and other players lose things for it, people breaking rules get banned but players never get their stuff back and then it comes to the server to compensate them also sometimes when server crashes admins will have to compensate the players for their loss and if there is no spawn money power for owners/admins they will have to give it from their own pocket?
And sometimes when a private server wants to make unique things maybe as an open house event where winners get specific money then there I feel the admin will have to give it from their pocket, which also means they will have to work harder themselves first to be able to make people enjoy things.

And if a community is corrupt people usually ignore it, people leave it. When I join a corrupt community/server and when I find it out, I leave it. The community dies if you become partial or corrupt.
So I think giving the admins the power to do anything would be a big profit over the loss. If people do choose to do so, the community will itself die. But if you have the same power you can make a hell lot of difference for you community.

• Like 2

You make nice arguments and all, but I highly doubt you'll change the devs minds on this matter. I think to remember their wishes against the ability to spawn items and currency.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Genesai said:

You make nice arguments and all, but I highly doubt you'll change the devs minds on this matter. I think to remember their wishes against the ability to spawn items and currency.

I know they don't want this that is why I'm posting it so they can the see the other side of the story too. I hope they do see it cause otherwise, it will end up like DayZ where people will stop playing or rage out because they lost their hard earned stuff due to someone trolling and not following the rules.

1 hour ago, CowboyFarts said:

I know they don't want this that is why I'm posting it so they can the see the other side of the story too. I hope they do see it cause otherwise, it will end up like DayZ where people will stop playing or rage out because they lost their hard earned stuff due to someone trolling and not following the rules.

The devs, don't look just at one side of the options but look at all the positives and negatives and also they look from every angle before making their final decision. There are very good points in this that you have made and it is a guarantee that the devs already looked at it. I however will pass it on and they can give an answer to the question in tonight's stream.

I am also in agreement with this. As an admin of a private server; I would want to do a number of things that would make things very interesting. As an admin; I want to make a penalty for repeat offenders who are convicted of too many serious crimes. For example; if you are convicted of 1st-degree murder 3 times; your character could be sentenced to life without parole. This would make crime a risky business to players who generally commit to a life of crime on other servers. This would also result in losing a character and would force the player to primarily use another character or possibly spend money on creating a new one to replace the one that was lost to crime. 

Another cool thing would be allowing admins to create hidden agendas on their server. Buried treasure would be a cool thing. The server admin could create tough spots to hide it in on the map. It really gives the miners, scuba divers and explorers something to do. The admin could also set a high value for it if the players who find it decide to sell it. Paranormal features are also another cool thing to add. As we all know; the game has wilderness in it for people who go hunting. Admins should have the option of making bigfoot an option. And if you wander too far out in the woods; you could become a possible victim of a bigfoot attack. With the proper hunting rifle; it could be killed and possibly sold to a taxidermist for an incredible amount, but this would not be an easy task. I would also say that crashed UFO's could be a rare option that admins could play around with. Finding the parts could give a player the option of crafting laser weaponry or possibly salvaging the medical supply from the craft to give their character enhancements in stamina, health, durability and etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Good_Citizen said:

Another cool thing would be allowing admins to create hidden agendas on their server. Buried treasure would be a cool thing. The server admin could create tough spots to hide it in on the map. It really gives the miners, scuba divers and explorers something to do. The admin could also set a high value for it if the players who find it decide to sell it. 

Treasure hunting is already a thing, and is randomly spawned. under water caves, ship wrecks possibly, caves, abandoned buildings on the beach etc. It is already apart of the game mechanics.

Another cool thing would be allowing admins to create hidden agendas on their server. Buried treasure would be a cool thing. The server admin could create tough spots to hide it in on the map. It really gives the miners, scuba divers and explorers something to do. The admin could also set a high value for it if the players who find it decide to sell it. Paranormal features are also another cool thing to add. As we all know; the game has wilderness in it for people who go hunting. Admins should have the option of making bigfoot an option. And if you wander too far out in the woods; you could become a possible victim of a bigfoot attack. With the proper hunting rifle; it could be killed and possibly sold to a taxidermist for an incredible amount, but this would not be an easy task. I would also say that crashed UFO's could be a rare option that admins could play around with.

There will be references like big foot but you won't be able to go up close to it. This is already something.

Finding the parts could give a player the option of crafting laser weaponry or possibly salvaging the medical supply from the craft to give their character enhancements in stamina, health, durability and etc. 

This game is not a futuristic game and is only based on the Modern Day US culture and that doesn't include "laser weaponry" which goes out of scope.

@Good_Citizenyou have written my words and ideas out like how I would like to have it. We are looking for some creative crazy ideas for our future identity server community and I think you would match our team's vibe. I would love to have you on our team.