lukemac

Hunting traps (for animals ofc)

Like the idea of trapping / Tracking ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Like the idea of trapping?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Like the idea of tracking (footprints and droppings)

• Yes
    • No

As the title suggests, not just traditional hunting with guns but also traps such as leg-hold traps etc. which can be seen fit to be made illegal or legal.

Obviously due to morality issues it would be quite a source of controversy in identity I should imagine.

Inhumane Traps that could be illegal/legal depending on the governments choice:

1. Leg hold trap

0000344_bush-master-no-1-leg-hold-trap.j

lynx-in-padded-trap.jpg

Traps the limb of an animal keeping pelt un-damaged

2. Conibear trap

Invented by Frank Conibear in 1957 who wanted to create an alternative to leg-hold traps that would kill the animal instantly. Unfortunatley though it usually just results in 'seriously injured and suffer[ing] for many hours or days before being found by trappers'

Victor110conibear.gif?resize=408,285

ermine.jpg

3. Snare trap

wolverine.jpg

'The snare, though simple in design, causes immense suffering to any animal who encounters one. A wire loop is placed along a traveling path where the animal will walk through it.'

4. Bear traps... everyone knows what a bear trap is.

il_fullxfull.812248193_a7qb.jpg

Human traps

Trapping pits (maybe not lol) - Trapping pits are deep pits dug into the ground, or built from stone, in order to trap animals. Like cage traps they are usually employed for catching animals without harming them.

Simple Cage Traps (live) - Designed to catch live animals in a cage

200px-Cage_trap.jpg

200px-Animal_trap_-_geograph.org.uk_-_51

Deadfall traps - 3 notched sticks and a stone, crushes animal quick and easy to make.

220px-Paiute_Deadfall_Trap.JPG

This was just a thought of mine to make hunting a bit more fun I also thought that maybe (because it should be quite hard to find animals) you should be able to follow footprints and see how fresh droppings are to find the animal in question.

Give your thoughts if you want to I   g u e s s .

Edited by lukemac

You don't really want to mess with the Animal Rights movements. While human violence might get a game 18+ rating, animal abuse/violence could get it very easily banned altogether. Maybe not, as I think we have other games with similar hunting technologies, yet I hope these won't exist in the game universe.

Edited by TheHolyNZF

2 hours ago, TheHolyNZF said:

You don't really want to mess with the Animal Rights movements. While human violence might get a game 18+ rating, animal abuse/violence could get it very easily banned altogether. Maybe not, as I think we have other games with similar hunting technologies, yet I hope these won't exist in the game universe.

Best stick to normal kill shot hunting then xD

On 2/26/2018 at 4:23 PM, TheHolyNZF said:

Trapping in a game won't get it banned... what? Not in the USA anyways.

There's plenty of hunting games out there, but I never played any because I dislike hunting. A game might get banned in certain countries depending on the content, but that can really depend. I'm not willing to make a very pushed search for that matter. In GTA V, it's known that you can injure or kill various animals by different means, but there's no trapping. On a more personal note, I'd prefer that the developers doesn't add traps, or at least exclude the ones that are known to cause lots of harm and pain.