enzoman12

How many players can be in the same area?

So it says the player pop will be 300 to 500 players. Awesome. But what Im wondering is how many players can be in the same area? Will the whole world be seemless and open world, or will the map be in "sections" with certain amount of players in each area? 

It'll be one map. The only instanced things that I know about are the inside of houses/apartments, garages, bank heists, and I'm not sure what else. But it's still too early to talk about performances, server or client wise.

17 hours ago, LordBenji said:

It'll be one map. The only instanced things that I know about are the inside of houses/apartments, garages, bank heists, and I'm not sure what else. But it's still too early to talk about performances, server or client wise.

why would bank heists be instanced when it requires the attention of Law enforcement officers to respond to potential bank robberies? In the process, hostage situations would arise if a citizen happens to be present during the heist.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:28 AM, enzoman12 said:

So it says the player pop will be 300 to 500 players. Awesome. But what Im wondering is how many players can be in the same area? Will the whole world be seemless and open world, or will the map be in "sections" with certain amount of players in each area? 

The world is seamless except some areas which are either partially instanced or fully instanced which include, houses + apartments and more.

I knew the numbers weren't fixed yet, but are they now? 300 to 500 seems fair, but I thought they were going to have to try what works best. That, technically, the server software should be able to handle 1000's even, but that for gameplay purposes this might be too much.

So my add-on question: Do the devs have a fixed number yet?