Tashi

Will this game allow custom scripting and privately hosted servers?

Question

I'm not sure if this has been asked before.

My question is basically, would this game allow us to host our own servers, with custom mapping / scripting?

Currently I am playing SA:MP and have been looking for a new game to play with the same customisable features of the SA:MP client

9 answers to this question

You won't be able to customize the map. At least not on release, afaik. Maybe later down the line. You can customize various options that affect the map (weather, length of day and night, probably how often resources regenerate if ever, jobs, proffessions, laws etc). You can't move houses or lakes etc.

Edited by Vix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roni said:

Hello,

I am just wondering how much space will this server take if later on we would be able to host in our dedicated boxes. I have already a multigaming community with different games i would like to intergrate this game into my community. So i would like to know how much space it would take how much ram CPU is it like arma 3 or its more ?

Regards

RoN

There will never be an option to host from a dedicated server box because of the network structure and so you can only Rent servers after full game release

• Like 1

I am not sure about hosting a dedicated server on your PC, my guess will be no from the devs but then again im not one of them so i dont know. 

It has been confirmed that you will be able to rent your own dedicated server from selected server providers and you will have extra options over your server but yet again i am not entirely sure on custom scripts and mods.

I hope this somewhat answered your question :)

Herzog

2 hours ago, Tashi said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before.

My question is basically, would this game allow us to host our own servers, with custom mapping / scripting?

Currently I am playing SA:MP and have been looking for a new game to play with the same customisable features of the SA:MP client

I PLAY SAMP TOO OMG. lol

The devs have stated that players will be able to host they're own private/public servers and fully customize them the way they want. I don't know if their going to be as diverse as SA:MP how admins are able to place things around the world like new building or whatever though.

13 hours ago, Santoyo said:

The devs have stated that players will be able to host they're own private/public servers and fully customize them the way they want. I don't know if their going to be as diverse as SA:MP how admins are able to place things around the world like new building or whatever though.

I am sure that they stated that what you say, but Not on your own pc. You will be able to rent a server on the games full release.

3 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

There's enough games that let you host servers on your own PC i.e Arma 3, where this game/idea originated from. Given that the servers will most likely be shit like they do in every game when hosting on your PC, it's possible for it to happen.

I didnt say I was right, but I am sure they stated somewhere about it.  @Vix please tell me if there is a tweet about it.

On 3/17/2016 at 0:37 PM, Tashi said:

10 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am sure that they stated that what you say, but Not on your own pc. You will be able to rent a server on the games full release.

Sorry I'll clarify my question further. Thanks for everyone's responses so far!

I was not referring to hosting one on my own PC, but instead having a private host on a private server box / whatever (I'm not too experienced with the terms used)

Hello,

I am just wondering how much space will this server take if later on we would be able to host in our dedicated boxes. I have already a multigaming community with different games i would like to intergrate this game into my community. So i would like to know how much space it would take how much ram CPU is it like arma 3 or its more ?

Regards

RoN

Edited by Roni
forgot something

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There's enough games that let you host servers on your own PC i.e Arma 3, where this game/idea originated from. Given that the servers will most likely be shit like they do in every game when hosting on your PC, it's possible for it to happen.