mpotterhead

Public Transportation - IDENTITY CONCEPT

hope everyone had a great day!
been working on some concepts for idENTITY AND THIS ONE, I PERSONALLY THINK WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION.

VIEW FOR YOURSELF; https://imgur.com/a/XwKIY

tell me what you think,
SIGNED, MPOTTERHEAD.

It's been already proposed and answered multiple times.

Will they add airplanes and helicopters? No.

Will they add trains and buses? Yes.

• Like 1

That train route wont be like that and thats good, thats higly unrealistic and would suck if the train went only at the edges, It will go in a kinda trangle to all the cities around the map, thats what devs have stated in one of their streams

• Like 1

On 21/02/2018 at 2:13 AM, mpotterhead said:

hope everyone had a great day!
been working on some concepts for idENTITY AND THIS ONE, I PERSONALLY THINK WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION.

VIEW FOR YOURSELF; https://imgur.com/a/XwKIY

tell me what you think,
SIGNED, MPOTTERHEAD.

Bus' can be bought if you have a transportation business' and so routes will be decided by the CEO of the company (Player run business). 

No Aeroplanes or Helicopters.

The basic idea is good, however the illustration is bad. The first and the most obvious flaw about the train is that you didn't specify any train stations, where would they be located etc,. Then for the airports, there are 2 basic rules. 1: They should be accessible. 2: They shouldn't be right next to a city. I think those could be solved by having train access to the airports.

The way I see it, the buses are slow and trains only stop on the stations. That's enough to make both useful for something.

I have my own concept for the bus routes, stations and airports.

F3yVsP8.jpg

Sorry, I just had to give the stations names. I searched if the places were already given names, but I only found the official names for the three cities.

Black Squares are Train Stations, Red lines are railways. Blue lines are bus routes (not much thought given into those), White boxes are airports.

The idea for AHA and RWA locations follows just my idea. They are near the cities, yet not in the middle and have train stations with them for easy accessibility instead.

For simplicity of design, only AHTS and RPC have direct access to multiple train routes. The stations are distributed equally around the map to make all places more important and easy to access.

You can see, most of the Stations are located either in the city or near the edges, just like in your idea. I think 10 stations is pretty good number. They are not too crowded, but still allow for an easy access to the key places in the map. I added one more airport to your map to kind of balance the distances. With AHA and RWA near cities and AIA and ALN near the edges of the map. AIA could actually be separate from the train station to give it a non-official, smuggler -ish feel. I'd imagine it being used a lot to escape from the cops, it being near the archipelago, where I imagine a lot of the drug business will be handled.  ALN is more suited for quite the opposite. A place to fly to when you just want to chill in your cabin or do other peaceful actions.

Edited by TheHolyNZF
added info.

3 hours ago, TheHolyNZF said:

The basic idea is good, however the illustration is bad. The first and the most obvious flaw about the train is that you didn't specify any train stations, where would they be located etc,. Then for the airports, there are 2 basic rules. 1: They should be accessible. 2: They shouldn't be right next to a city. I think those could be solved by having train access to the airports.

The way I see it, the buses are slow and trains only stop on the stations. That's enough to make both useful for something.

I have my own concept for the bus routes, stations and airports.

Reveal hidden contents

F3yVsP8.jpg

Sorry, I just had to give the stations names. I searched if the places were already given names, but I only found the official names for the three cities.

Black Squares are Train Stations, Red lines are railways. Blue lines are bus routes (not much thought given into those), White boxes are airports.

The idea for AHA and RWA locations follows just my idea. They are near the cities, yet not in the middle and have train stations with them for easy accessibility instead.

For simplicity of design, only AHTS and RPC have direct access to multiple train routes. The stations are distributed equally around the map to make all places more important and easy to access.

You can see, most of the Stations are located either in the city or near the edges, just like in your idea. I think 10 stations is pretty good number. They are not too crowded, but still allow for an easy access to the key places in the map. I added one more airport to your map to kind of balance the distances. With AHA and RWA near cities and AIA and ALN near the edges of the map. AIA could actually be separate from the train station to give it a non-official, smuggler -ish feel. I'd imagine it being used a lot to escape from the cops, it being near the archipelago, where I imagine a lot of the drug business will be handled.  ALN is more suited for quite the opposite. A place to fly to when you just want to chill in your cabin or do other peaceful actions.

1. There is only 1 airport on the map and it is for future possible uses. No planes to travel from 1 side of the map to the next. 

2. Bus' are apart of player owned business' which they can be purchased as an asset for the business. The player who owns that business will choose the routes for his buses.

3. Airports are next to cities IRL and so why would it make a difference.

Trains are AI controlled and will go to the 3 cities around the map. The devs will only have control over the train network not the bus' and well the airport will only be used for going between future Islands.

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

1. There is only 1 airport on the map and it is for future possible uses. No planes to travel from 1 side of the map to the next. 

2. Bus' are apart of player owned business' which they can be purchased as an asset for the business. The player who owns that business will choose the routes for his buses.

3. Airports are next to cities IRL and so why would it make a difference.

Trains are AI controlled and will go to the 3 cities around the map. The devs will only have control over the train network not the bus' and well the airport will only be used for going between future Islands.

1. If they change their plans to have (preferably player-controlled) aircraft ingame, I personally would find it very boring if we only had one airport -- otherwise why to bother at all if there isn't going to be air traffic? (Besides aircraft cost $1M+, so no-one will have money to buy them)

2. I'm doubtful about how that will work out. Taxi Cabs might work, but players deciding the bus routes... Quess we have to wait and see.

3. I phrased that badly. What I mean is that the airports don't tend to be placed right inside the busiest cities if possible. Usually there is ~10~25 km inbetween the city centrum and the nearest airport, international atleast.

4.Even with AI only controlling the trains, I think there should be more stops than just the cities. I for one love mountain trains. Also imagine a huge land bridge (Like the one in Milleau). I would absolutely love to have such views on my commute.

1 minute ago, TheHolyNZF said:

1. If they change their plans to have (preferably player-controlled) aircraft ingame, I personally would find it very boring if we only had one airport -- otherwise why to bother at all if there isn't going to be air traffic? (Besides aircraft cost $1M+, so no-one will have money to buy them)

2. I'm doubtful about how that will work out. Taxi Cabs might work, but players deciding the bus routes... Quess we have to wait and see.

3. I phrased that badly. What I mean is that the airports don't tend to be placed right inside the busiest cities if possible. Usually there is ~10~25 km inbetween the city centrum and the nearest airport, international atleast.

4.Even with AI only controlling the trains, I think there should be more stops than just the cities. I for one love mountain trains. Also imagine a huge land bridge (Like the one in Milleau). I would absolutely love to have such views on my commute.

1. They have stated they never want Aircraft for use to go from A to B on the 1 Island and therefor is only 1 airport. Plus The planes will be AI/ automated between a DLC island if there comes to have a DLC. They won't add aircraft if no DLC Island comes out.

2. Well The bus routes will be done by the player (owner) of the business but using probably a thing to show where bus stops are. I will ask them to find out how they want to do it.

3. Yes indeed and I don't believe the Airport will be directly next to the city but just outside of it.

4. There will be more than just 3 stops I do believe fore the trains and so not just the cities will have a stop but possible outlying towns on the routes.