AKirish907

In Game Trolling and Griefing

What do the different political parties intend to do about trolling and griefing? Things that aren't necessarily illegal but will be plain attempts to grief other players. Trolls can be very persistent and will find a way to try and ruin this game! Is it even the in-game government's job to fix problems like that?

The governor won't be able to do anything about trolls. If it's not a crime, you can't really do anything about it. Any examples you thought about @AKirish907 ?

The only thing I could think about is someone "stealing" resources before you get them. Other than that, there's only childish/immature behavior perhaps.

Corporate monopolies on limited resources, habitual serial killers, secret political bribes, or maybe criminals for hire that repeatedly assault business competitors. things like this might kinda circumvent the legal system and are still basically griefing in a way that ruins the game for others. imagine a big corporation that solicits people to attack small time competitors over and over. use your imagination, griefing takes many forms and in a game as complex as this one, there could be many ways to work around the law. we just have to wait and see! my question to people who intend to run for office is whether they have thought about this question and what their stand on preventing griefing is. should in-game government make a stand? or is that up to devs?

6 hours ago, dragon_12dk said:

I don't think it (trolling) will be quite as bad as you predict. Any private security firm would be able to contain them.

Who would pay for private security to patrol the cities? i guess your going to have to make your intent on creating a anti-trolling budget part of the campaign pitch then aren't you? or maybe you already have?

Edited by AKirish907

11 hours ago, LordBenji said:

The governor won't be able to do anything about trolls. If it's not a crime, you can't really do anything about it. Any examples you thought about @AKirish907 ?

The only thing I could think about is someone "stealing" resources before you get them. Other than that, there's only childish/immature behavior perhaps.

I hope we can mute the trolls and kids screaming into mics and making weird noises. Also, there might be players that uses a car to run over everyone they see and crash into people's cars on purpose, although cops can deal with that.

The Governor’s power isn’t tyrannical, so far our power only extends to marijuana legalization and setting sales tax.

Yeah stuff about trolls and criminals are more for the cops and moderators.

10 hours ago, SkinnierSteve said:

I hope we can mute the trolls and kids screaming into mics and making weird noises. Also, there might be players that uses a car to run over everyone they see and crash into people's cars on purpose, although cops can deal with that.

Yes you'll be able to mute everyone if you wish so. There's also a stress system in place to prevent/reduce RDM/VDM. How it'll work with vehicles, I'm not entirely sure, but I assume their vehicle will take more damage while the innocent players will barely be affected. Of course you'll still be hit though.