SkyH1gh

Games inside this game (Many ideas in one)

Hey, just thought of an amazing idea that could either boost your development efficiency or increase the fun factor.

What I was thinking was that if you could make a business branch for real-life programmers, artist etc that would enable them to either make games inside this game with a simple in-house engine or Unreal Engine 4 (Possible way to create an eSports branch?). Another suggestion would be that you, the devs, would be able to ask the community (Through the business/branch) etc to write, draw or 3D model within the game so that you later can take that model or whatever and put it to use in the game (This would infinitely multiply your speed of development as well as making it basically free). The only problems I see are that you need to be able to - in some way - need to educate the players to be able to program etc (maybe with an inbuilt school system?), be able to verify if the submitted material is copyrighted or not, and then refine the textures, code etc (not really a problem but whatever, lol).

I think that is it, I might edit if I have anything to add. Thanks for reading.

-SkyH1gh

2 hours ago, SkyH1gh said:

Hey, just thought of an amazing idea that could either boost your development efficiency or increase the fun factor.

What I was thinking was that if you could make a business branch for real-life programmers, artist etc that would enable them to either make games inside this game with a simple in-house engine or Unreal Engine 4 (Possible way to create an eSports branch?). Another suggestion would be that you, the devs, would be able to ask the community (Through the business/branch) etc to write, draw or 3D model within the game so that you later can take that model or whatever and put it to use in the game (This would infinitely multiply your speed of development as well as making it basically free). The only problems I see are that you need to be able to - in some way - need to educate the players to be able to program etc (maybe with an inbuilt school system?), be able to verify if the submitted material is copyrighted or not, and then refine the textures, code etc (not really a problem but whatever, lol).

I think that is it, I might edit if I have anything to add. Thanks for reading.

-SkyH1gh

There won't be such a job in the game and it will be harder than what you think to implement something like that. Things in theory sound easy but really are difficult to pull off. There is no modding and the modding won't be until at least years after full game release.

To be blunt about it, this would be impossible. Performance would drop majorly to the point where just a hard drive might not even be able to handle the game fast enough. It's just too much work also to implement in a game where real life itself has equal counterparts.