enzoman12

Better to be arrested then killed?

In many many RP games (Like fivem and Arma3) Many people would rather die then go to prison. Like they always refuse to surrender because they know if they are dead, they will be safe from long jail time (most of the time). So what im wondering is is there some sort of incentive to letting them arrest you or some kind of penalty for dying in a shootout that would make some more hesitant to start shooting.

If you disconnect, it'll just make it easier for the cops to bust you, unless you do it in a safe place. It'll also be hard to suicide yourself, but I'm not quite sure what will happen, like if the cops can still carry your body, get an EMT to revive you and send you to jail, I have no clue. It'll also be hard to find a suitable place high enough to eventually end up only breaking your legs. So if you commit a bad crime, I think you well deserve the punishment.

The stress system will prevent easy suicides I believe.
Logging off works with a timer. If you're in "combat", or being chases, flagged by the system or whatever you can think of, you won't be able to log out. Your character will remain in game for a set period of time. How long we, as members, don't know yet.
This is a fair system, it'll prevent combatlogging and the likes. No more evading arrest by logging off, no more RDM and logging off. And jail time only runs down while in game, as it should be.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 3:08 AM, enzoman12 said:

In many many RP games (Like fivem and Arma3) Many people would rather die then go to prison. Like they always refuse to surrender because they know if they are dead, they will be safe from long jail time (most of the time). So what im wondering is is there some sort of incentive to letting them arrest you or some kind of penalty for dying in a shootout that would make some more hesitant to start shooting.

Definitely would be up to the police force to decide that, which isn't something that I deal with accordingly. It's not in my line of work.. Exactly.... But if they see nothing. It's as if they were never there. It's normal for a criminal to fight if they're approached with deadly force.

The problem is those games don't have a prison system. Sure, a cop can click a button and send you to an allocated "prison" area, but that's not a prison system, that is a teleportation system. The devs for this game have stated that the prison system will be like a whole new game in and of itself. You won't just be standing in an area for 40 minutes, you will be following a timetable, joining prison gangs, working on your escape or playing sports. Yes, you will lose all of your illegal items but you lose everything when you die, legal or not. People rather die in games like GTA and Arma because they can lose all of their cheap stuff and illegal guns but right away get the opportunity to regain them all back with the millions they own. In Identity, you can die and lose everything or get arrested and keep some things. You won't be able to just die and run back to buy your stuff again because money is hard to get in Identity unlike Arma.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, JoelKeys said:

Yes, you will lose all of your illegal items but you lose everything when you die,

That's not true, you don't loose everything when you die.

To clear things out about dying, you will lose everything BUT your clothes and personal accessories. So let's say you had a gun, a full suit with a watch, and $10k in your pockets, the gun and money will "drop". I mean your body is there and other people can steal that drop (but probably isn't legal either). I'm not sure if you'll be able to reclaim your lost items though if nobody took it.

On 07/04/2018 at 5:29 AM, Jinx said:

That's not true, you don't loose everything when you die.

You are reading into what I said too much. You lose more when you die than you lose by being arrested, and considering it won't be as easy to come back from losing lots of items, people will hopefully rather go to jail.

Especially on hardcore roleplay servers it is always said that it is better to be in prison than dead. Because life is the very highest good of a person and this should always be kept in mind.

When and if I play the game I will much rather go to Jail because when you die it's normally boring and plain in video games so I would much rather my character prosper and continue his story in prison and get to experience the whole system of a Shawshank redemption type feel or however it is which would be really cool lol than just die and make a new one.