Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Mog

Garage space, stuck with founder car?

So looking at the founder packs, I tried to deduce how the garages where working, and I'm left with a question.

I heard somewhere that idle vehicles would despawn and be brought back to your garage meaning you probably can't own more vehicle that you have parking space, I'm guessing. And in the most expensive founder packs there give you a "two car garage". Which probably mean that you can only fit one vehicle per parking space. Now the founder packs also give you a rusty car or some motorcycle. My question is: What if you want a vehicle that's not rusty? Do you have to sell your founder car first for parking space? Can you even sell it? What is going on there?

3 minutes ago, Mr_Mog said:

So looking at the founder packs, I tried to deduce how the garages where working, and I'm left with a question.

I heard somewhere that idle vehicles would despawn and be brought back to your garage meaning you probably can't own more vehicle that you have parking space, I'm guessing. And in the most expensive founder packs there give you a "two car garage". Which probably mean that you can only fit one vehicle per parking space. Now the founder packs also give you a rusty car or some motorcycle. My question is: What if you want a vehicle that's not rusty? Do you have to sell your founder car first for parking space? Can you even sell it? What is going on there?

You'd probably have to buy extra space for parking your future vehicles. Also note that some garages are not all the same size, to accommodate the size of some vehicles. I believe your pledged vehicle is stuck with your account due that it's like your personal reward for making the pledge. One thing I'm not sure and should ask the developers about it is if the garages are bound to apartments or are they separate. In other words, if you can just buy a garage spot without having to buy an apartment, or if they are bundled together. I know I've heard from the Twitch clips about public garage space you could get so that could be one option.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure how well I'd be able to answer the question but I will try the best I can.

So! As for selling your pledge vehicle, it's a straight no. Players will not be able to get rid of this vehicle as it is unique to their account and for backers only (No players can get this vehicle again after beta)! But for your concerns about things like garage space, from what I recall you won't need to get anything like a new garage just because you bought another vehicle. Don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly there are specific 'community garages' around the map which act as a public storage space for vehicles. Garages can have many different locations while the larger community lots are limited in location. You can think of it as a place of limbo for any extra vehicles you wish to just swap out for another to place in your garage. Now, I am not saying this is correct at all, but it's just my understanding on the topic.