misterff1

Alright, I'm out.

10 hours ago, LordBenji said:

They don't "just" do props and brainstorm. Even though there's only a very few videos showcasing the game, it still shows that they've done some back end stuff too. If you wait four weeks, you'll be able to see more videos (mostly community), if what we have isn't enough of a proof that the game does exists.

I think that is the point that @misterff1 is trying to make about transparency is that they try too hard to make themselves look proficient that when they fail, the video, it comes to bite them in the bud and makes things worst rather then better. If they were honest about how the game development, including that they are having difficulties and not making any significant estimates or promises, they could avoid almost all of the PR and community problems they have now. I'm  not saying that they need to create videos day in and day out, that's just dumb and will take away people from working on the more important thing, the game. If they were to show more things about the workplace they have or show things that are actually in Town Square instead of things not coming for many years because they wanted to have the ability to say those arguments of "placeholders" and "Everything will be different" instead of maybe showing us things that don't look to good for the development of Town Square. I think with many others including myself, if we saw a town square video that was quirky from early development and without the earlier promises of releases, would enjoy that more then a video trying to take itself seriously, but fail miserably.  

Edited by NanoSpace
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Do I care about Asylum's mistakes? Nope, I'm still hyped for what's coming in less than four weeks: video + module. Also At the time I'm writing this, I'm watching Jade77's stream.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Pretty sure there is also a breaking point for you when it comes to mistakes @LordBenji. We'll have to see if it ever reaches the point where you as well stop bothering

9 hours ago, misterff1 said:

Pretty sure there is also a breaking point for you when it comes to mistakes @LordBenji. We'll have to see if it ever reaches the point where you as well stop bothering

We'll see how it goes. I'm as excited to play this game as Motown and Paratus are. So it'll take a really big mistake for me to reconsider my support for Asylum. A video that isn't well done is not one.

What i'm also wonderingn mistertff, you posted saturday that you're out. Now it s almost friday, we come close to week one later, yet still you're replying here. Thought u were out?:p 

22 minutes ago, killerkate888 said:

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all

0eab0f48f91fe81b4d88272b5e3904cd.jpg

If everyone just said nice things all the time, the world would not change for the better.

• Like 1

Just now, GreyFox said:

If everyone just said nice things all the time, the world would not change for the better.

In my opinion, what's best is constructive criticism without being entirely pessimist and negative about the subject. Nobody loves to read posts from angry people.

I honestly think at this point, it would be pointless to reply to this thread.

17 hours ago, LordBenji said:

In my opinion, what's best is constructive criticism without being entirely pessimist and negative about the subject. Nobody loves to read posts from angry people.

I honestly think at this point, it would be pointless to reply to this thread.

That is true, 

and I fully agree with your last statement.

On 22/02/2018 at 11:25 PM, Theezakj said:

What i'm also wonderingn mistertff, you posted saturday that you're out. Now it s almost friday, we come close to week one later, yet still you're replying here. Thought u were out?:p 

Well yeah, but no refund has been issued yet. Still waiting for that 

23 hours ago, misterff1 said:

PM @Beach_Ball and he can get you that sorted out tomorrow (Monday).

On 2/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, misterff1 said:

For someone who was 'out of here' you sure do hang around a lot. I'm still waiting for you to say something relevant about game development, anything, just say one tiny thing to make me believe you actually know what you're talking about. I'm with a modding team, we make a mod for Arma 3, just to get an update out for that mod, with a BIGGER team than they have here, took us the best part of twelve months. I was also among the first forty people in the world to see Lord of the Rings Online, when we were first invited into that game it was still in Alpha....most thing's didn't even have textures and there were placeholders everywhere, nobody on the planet would have bought into it if they'd seen it in that state..........there's a good reason game Devs rarely show Alpha footage, and that reason is people just like YOU. All you've written here is guesses, rumors and innuendo, NOTHING founded in actual fact.

If, as you profess, Asylum are actually scam artists, then you'd also know, from just a few seconds research, that they would have to pay back every cent and more. If I were them, I'd give you a refund just to stop you bleating.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 5:12 PM, Jinx said:

For someone who was 'out of here' you sure do hang around a lot. I'm still waiting for you to say something relevant about game development, anything, just say one tiny thing to make me believe you actually know what you're talking about. I'm with a modding team, we make a mod for Arma 3, just to get an update out for that mod, with a BIGGER team than they have here, took us the best part of twelve months. I was also among the first forty people in the world to see Lord of the Rings Online, when we were first invited into that game it was still in Alpha....most thing's didn't even have textures and there were placeholders everywhere, nobody on the planet would have bought into it if they'd seen it in that state..........there's a good reason game Devs rarely show Alpha footage, and that reason is people just like YOU. All you've written here is guesses, rumors and innuendo, NOTHING founded in actual fact.

If, as you profess, Asylum are actually scam artists, then you'd also know, from just a few seconds research, that they would have to pay back every cent and more. If I were them, I'd give you a refund just to stop you bleating.

Oh please are we really going to use that argument? Fine, I'll give you something. A few years back I ran one of the most successful servers in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod. On average I had 250 people on, on peaks 400. I worked a lot on scripting and GUI rendering during that time. When I shutdown my server, I was recruited to work on someone else's server who had quite a different scope, but would love my input on the development. They gave me full access to work on whatever I liked. After a while I had to quit for a bit, but when I got back, I immediately got offered a spot on yet another server and again received full access to work on whatever I liked. This time I spent most of my time on the GUI, however, and it payed off. In the current Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod, the others of that team are remaking their server and still use my designs for the user interface. 

That's just one story out of a fine selection. Satisfied now?

Yes, I do know what development is and I know all to damn well that communication is key. One of my favourite parts on development was always the stuff on the side: communicating with the playerbase. It got me soooo much further than when I would not have done that. So please, spare me the bs on how I am the problem here because I am "bleating" without knowledge. 

Edit: oh just to add something... I stated in pretty much every single message (if not all, not sure) that I was speculating ("Not saying it is fake, but it COULD be" < remember seeing that?). No one ever said I was stating facts, did they? Whenever I spoke about the current way things are communicated to the playerbase, I always added something along the lines of what I just put between brackets.

Edited by misterff1

18 hours ago, misterff1 said:

Not in the slightest no. You modded a user interface lol, that's not game development now is it. You're not speculating, not in the slightest, this is the internet in case you didn't notice. People will read the rubbish you write and accept it as gospel, truth is that people like you do more damage to fledgling projects than any amount of alpha video's could ever do. Yes there have been a number of scams involving crowd funded projects, but the powers that be are starting to prosecute these people. Yes there have been quite a lot projects that have failed to make it out of the alpha stage, but that's the chance you take when you back them. But here's the REAL crux of this situation: you could easily have asked for a refund and gone on your way and nobody would have been any the wiser.......but you didn't did you, you had to kick up a fuss, and a fuss that included no evidence of anything other than your obvious total lack of understanding of what making a triple A title involves.

Most of us here KNOW we took a chance on this product, most of us KNOW that Asylum have got a lot to learn, most of us KNEW they were a team of modders. I myself have not been shy of being critical in the way that they have handled the public before now, personally I think they made a mistake in bowing to pressure and putting that video out. So do most of us a big favour, get your refund and go blow up someone else's pipe.

And you misread my post again -_-. No, I did not "mod a user interface lol", designing them from scratch was one out of many things I did there. I created gamemodes, admin systems, etc etc. There's tons of stuff I did and at the level I did it, there's no difference to that arma stuff you are referring to. Please, just read.

Also, this is indeed the internet. I can say whatever I want and you can interpret that in many ways. Yes, there is slight anger and distrust in my messages, but you seem to interpret them as hostile. Calm yo tits man, I am just spouting my opinion and it's your choice to be so mad about that.

I also find it interesting how you assume everyone takes my opinion as gospel. Tells me something about how dumb you think people are. Maybe this would be the case if I didn't consistently had 1/4th of my message saying it COULD be and MIGHT be, but you know.... that isn't case now is it?

Edited by misterff1

On 2/18/2018 at 12:00 AM, LordBenji said:

I know it's not fake, but yeah that could help if they could get someone to manage media, especially video wise. I don't mind the length, because it's what they show us that is important, not how long the video is. But I can't wait for module one, which will come out on the 21st of March 2018.

-cough- Beachball -cough-

On 3/2/2018 at 4:39 PM, misterff1 said:

Oh please are we really going to use that argument? Fine, I'll give you something. A few years back I ran one of the most successful servers in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod. On average I had 250 people on, on peaks 400. I worked a lot on scripting and GUI rendering during that time. When I shutdown my server, I was recruited to work on someone else's server who had quite a different scope, but would love my input on the development. They gave me full access to work on whatever I liked. After a while I had to quit for a bit, but when I got back, I immediately got offered a spot on yet another server and again received full access to work on whatever I liked. This time I spent most of my time on the GUI, however, and it payed off. In the current Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod, the others of that team are remaking their server and still use my designs for the user interface. 

Yes, I do know what development is and I know all to damn well that communication is key. One of my favourite parts on development was always the stuff on the side: communicating with the playerbase. It got me soooo much further than when I would not have done that. So please, spare me the bs on how I am the problem here because I am "bleating" without knowledge. 

Edit: oh just to add something... I stated in pretty much every single message (if not all, not sure) that I was speculating ("Not saying it is fake, but it COULD be" < remember seeing that?). No one ever said I was stating facts, did they? Whenever I spoke about the current way things are communicated to the playerbase, I always added something along the lines of what I just put between brackets.

"Not saying it is fake, but it COULD be" Some proof would be nice

26 minutes ago, YouKnowBro said:

"Not saying it is fake, but it COULD be" Some proof would be nice

Wait I'm not sure I am getting this right. You mean proof on my end on saying this? Or proof from the developers? Because my statement is based on a lack of proof on their end. There is no proof for what I say precisely because there is hardly anything to show. That is something to be changed on their end, not on mine. 

Not sure if you meant that, though. If you also mean they should give more proof, then yes I agree lol

If you would like me to go in depth on why I put this thought process down in my writing, I would gladly make a detailed post for you though. It won't be evidence, but the lack of it on Asylum's end will show quite clearly why this is still an option in my mind

Edited by misterff1

There's plenty of other games out there to play.. It's delayed, so what ? does it matter... ? I would rather them take as long as they want to get a decent version of it out rather than something glitchy and full of bugs, like other games devs do.

I pledged a good amount of cash for this also but i sit back and enjoy the updates and twitch streams, if there's a delay then that's fine, good things come to those who wait and i'm in no rush. Keep up the good work dev team and keep the info coming :) Those who rant and complain about it, the door is that way >>>>  ;)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, misterff1 said:

Wait I'm not sure I am getting this right. You mean proof on my end on saying this? Or proof from the developers? Because my statement is based on a lack of proof on their end. There is no proof for what I say precisely because there is hardly anything to show. That is something to be changed on their end, not on mine. 

Not sure if you meant that, though. If you also mean they should give more proof, then yes I agree lol

If you would like me to go in depth on why I put this thought process down in my writing, I would gladly make a detailed post for you though. It won't be evidence, but the lack of it on Asylum's end will show quite clearly why this is still an option in my mind

No, no. You claim to have created GUIs and stuff but you show no evidence. 

7 minutes ago, YouKnowBro said:

No, no. You claim to have created GUIs and stuff but you show no evidence. 

Oh you mean that. Fair point, I would literally not know how to actually proof this to you at this time since the data needed for this has been purged years ago. So yeah, fair enough. Then again, the person this was directed to has not shown evidence either. Not saying I need this, though. I believe him on his word and I assume this is mutual.