Aerotactics

What are your general thoughts on the game based on what we've seen to date?

I think the game is coming along nicely. There's a lot already there and i'm eager to hang out in town square with friends. Seeing the game has only been in development for ~3 years (correct me if I'm wrong) there's a lot to take in. I bet the game will be more popular than PUBG by the end of 2018 once everyone starts to notice it.

Only issues I've really seen are the animations, which were confirmed to be improved, and that we haven't really seen gameplay of anything other than the apartment and the drug bust. I'd like to see gameplay of buying and trying on clothes or sitting in the theatre, just to be sure its working. I'd also like to see gameplay of a full server, just to see that it works.

I really like the graphics in this game. They look lifelike. I know this game is already huge, and I can't wait to be a part of it.

You would certainly like to watch the future video of Town Square. No details and no ETA has been given yet, but it'll be released before the first module for sure. Also don't forget that a lot of elements in the few videos are old but will definitely change. It's been confirmed that the animations, foliage, shooting and driving physics will be redone.

44 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

You would certainly like to watch the future video of Town Square. No details and no ETA has been given yet, but it'll be released before the first module for sure. Also don't forget that a lot of elements in the few videos are old but will definitely change. It's been confirmed that the animations, foliage, shooting and driving physics will be redone.

Then what was the point of doing the video in the first place if every single thing was subject to change? lol. That's not showing a video to impress people, that sounds like showing a video just to say they did it. Now if they were showing us a video to impress us it would be a more updated version of animation, weapons, etc. That actually show cases the end result.

Edited by HAWK
fixing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Well that doesn't give them much time then considering town square releases in just over a month, I really am hoping it gets released more than a week away from the module release

7 hours ago, HAWK said:

Then what was the point of doing the video in the first place if every single thing was subject to change? lol. That's not showing a video to impress people, that sounds like showing a video just to say they did it. Now if they were showing us a video to impress us it would be a more updated version of animation, weapons, etc. That actually show cases the end result.

Guns and/ or vehicles don't need to be shown until a later point and so the Town Square video would hopefully include better running/ walking animations. To be honest other than that, nothing matters as of yet until the 2nd and 3rd modules. 

17 hours ago, HAWK said:

A lot of things change in the gaming industry like updates, overhauls, redoing a feature from scratch, DLCs, etc. I don't think the purpose of the video was to make the people react like "Wow! That's impressive and cool looking!". Maybe it was just to showcase a few features you can do in game which aren't very important at this time. As I said, the future video of Town Square will include new animations that will be completely redone. It'll be of higher quality as far as I know than the one from Crime and Arrest.

After seeing a few forum topics of the same subject I found this one to be the most civil and wanted to share my opinion and experiences to hopefully give some comfort or a different view to the subject.

I discovered this game long ago and just backed it today after seeing one of their videos. One thing I learned from being a backer of starcitizen, another crowd funded project, is, progress is slow but steady and not always being shown. After initial assets are made (objects they can copy/paste or build off of) things get rolling at a pace where you don’t even keep track anymore.

Personally, I think this game could use a different marketing technique in the store to help fund the game, we all hate micro transactions but subscriber perks, limited something, anything to increase the funding (bi)monthly. Other than marketing they’ve just started. Game development, as we’ve all heard a million times, takes years even with AAA companies like ea, Ubisoft, activision, etc. Most smaller companies trying to do the game their way for their community instead of pushing it out early, unfinished or buggy,  gives the audience a sense of being underwhelmed. Since a new COD comes out every year for example people sometimes can’t understand what’s taking so long. Just google “game dev time of popular games” and you’ll probably feel better.

These people are starting a mmorpg from basically scratch and honestly without support, financially or even constructive critism, it’s going to be that much harder for them to build something you’ll enjoy.

Being new here, it’s good to see passionate members of the community but I can’t understand where so much dislike for the development is coming from. ?

Good day/night everyone!

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, SwitchOnTwitch said:

After seeing a few forum topics of the same subject I found this one to be the most civil and wanted to share my opinion and experiences to hopefully give some comfort or a different view to the subject.

I discovered this game long ago and just backed it today after seeing one of their videos. One thing I learned from being a backer of starcitizen, another crowd funded project, is, progress is slow but steady and not always being shown. After initial assets are made (objects they can copy/paste or build off of) things get rolling at a pace where you don’t even keep track anymore.

Personally, I think this game could use a different marketing technique in the store to help fund the game, we all hate micro transactions but subscriber perks, limited something, anything to increase the funding (bi)monthly. Other than marketing they’ve just started. Game development, as we’ve all heard a million times, takes years even with AAA companies like ea, Ubisoft, activision, etc. Most smaller companies trying to do the game their way for their community instead of pushing it out early, unfinished or buggy,  gives the audience a sense of being underwhelmed. Since a new COD comes out every year for example people sometimes can’t understand what’s taking so long. Just google “game dev time of popular games” and you’ll probably feel better.

These people are starting a mmorpg from basically scratch and honestly without support, financially or even constructive critism, it’s going to be that much harder for them to build something you’ll enjoy.

Being new here, it’s good to see passionate members of the community but I can’t understand where so much dislike for the development is coming from. ?

Good day/night everyone!

Dislikes coming from members who found this game 2.5 years ago in kickstarter and are mad because of a horrible gameplay. also im a star citizen Donator and Theres a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between SC community base population and The budget “500 million dollars”

also SC has their own conferences and Shows. they upload daily , they have hundreds of workers from different locations. SC is another Gaming franchise. identity is not

• Like 2

The videos we've seen have been pre-release and pre-town square, so more than likely they will fix the animations by the release of Town Square. I think that this games biggest thing is to not be rushed. Enforcer: Police Crime Action was rushed to release, and it ended up being playable yet very buggy, of course ending up in bad reviews. It even goes back to 1982's ET game, rushed for Christmas.

Even if it takes until 2022, I think that this game should be perfected until the end, because I would hate to see this pioneer into MMORPG life-sims come out as a buggy mess in 2019 or so. However, I do not think that this game should take another 11 years to work on, like Overgrowth, when all of the community dies and nothing has been done; but the team on Identity is far bigger than the one of Overgrowth so I have faith in their successful release of Identity in the coming 4 or 5 years.

Maybe sharing the game would help. We all know that the major problem here is the money. More money = Faster Develop. Not that hard to understand so if you have a friend who would like to play the game SHARE IT WITH THEM, if you have a yt channel with 10, 500, 100000 subscribers, SHARE THE GAME WITH THEM. Identity need players from all around to globe to work and I trust and hope the best for the game but we need to help too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eriberto said:

Maybe sharing the game would help. We all know that the major problem here is the money. More money = Faster Develop. Not that hard to understand so if you have a friend who would like to play the game SHARE IT WITH THEM, if you have a yt channel with 10, 500, 100000 subscribers, SHARE THE GAME WITH THEM. Identity need players from all around to globe to work and I trust and hope the best for the game but we need to help too. 

I totally agree.

• Like 1