HAWK

This is the new video...?

This is the new video...?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. This is the first official video of gameplay of Identity. What do you think of it?

• I thought it was a very amazing video that showed us a lot of interesting aspects of the game.
    • I thought it was a good video. There may have been spots that could be a bit better.
    • This video was alright at best. It lacked a lot of things but still was good.
    • This video was a big disappointment. We waited months and months for THIS!? It could of been better in almost every way.
  2. 2. Which aspect of the game from this trailer needs the most improvement?

• Animations
    • Colliders
    • Sounds
    • Vehicles
    • Graphics
  3. 3. Was this the trailer we all deserve after waiting for so long?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Then what's the reason that you're here and posting these comments? That's borderline shaming the developers for your high quality needs. If you love their work, then support them, be constructive. I've never ever said anything bad towards the work of the developers. If something left me with mixed feelings, I shared my opinion without being pessimist or telling them "oh they should have done this a long time ago".

Also, if it happens that you know how to do a better job than them, why don't you apply to work for them and help them? :) 

Lol. I’m not posting comments. I posted a thread with a poll to help the devs see what they need to focus on and give the community a new outlook on where everyone falls. Then those who replied to my thread I then replied to. I’m not posting comments to throw shade to the devs but I am posting comments to wake up the community and the devs as well that they need to start prioritizing what they do. High quality needs? Lol. Stating that the devs should have implanted actual assets that would be used in game for a trailer we waited for months and were told it’s gonna be amazing isn’t asking for high quality. That’s the bare minimum they should have done. They already have hundreds of applications which they said so themselves. Me adding to the bunch isn’t changing anything. Lol. Next point things get changed when start a discussion that can be supported by facts. The majority of the community thinks this was not the trailer we deserved for waiting so long. The majority also believes the trailer had problems without a doubt and should of been fixed. That’s just facts you can’t argue. Showing such facts and stressing the importance of delivering quality videos that we all deserve is what will get the game devs to finally realize their mistakes and fix them in another video. Once again they had months to create a video and yet made a 2 minute video with animations and other things that were already done months and even years ago. So there was no reason for the long delay. That’s a problem for any gamer who’s invested in this game and wants the best for it. Things will only be changed if someone brings the problems to light.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

how long has this game actually been in development for ? 

I remember seeing the artwork for this games 4-5 years ago for their kick starter. They really started working on it 3-4 years ago. This year they made some solid progress and everything should be finished soon.

6 hours ago, HAWK said:

Lol. I’m not posting comments. I posted a thread with a poll to help the devs see what they need to focus on and give the community a new outlook on where everyone falls. Then those who replied to my thread I then replied to. I’m not posting comments to throw shade to the devs but I am posting comments to wake up the community and the devs as well that they need to start prioritizing what they do. High quality needs? Lol. Stating that the devs should have implanted actual assets that would be used in game for a trailer we waited for months and were told it’s gonna be amazing isn’t asking for high quality. That’s the bare minimum they should have done. They already have hundreds of applications which they said so themselves. Me adding to the bunch isn’t changing anything. Lol. Next point things get changed when start a discussion that can be supported by facts. The majority of the community thinks this was not the trailer we deserved for waiting so long. The majority also believes the trailer had problems without a doubt and should of been fixed. That’s just facts you can’t argue. Showing such facts and stressing the importance of delivering quality videos that we all deserve is what will get the game devs to finally realize their mistakes and fix them in another video. Once again they had months to create a video and yet made a 2 minute video with animations and other things that were already done months and even years ago. So there was no reason for the long delay. That’s a problem for any gamer who’s invested in this game and wants the best for it. Things will only be changed if someone brings the problems to light.

^ That is a comment, just like anything that follows the thread you posted. Also I forgot to rectify you about something, the crime video isn't the first game play video.

I can't help it but I've noticed there's been a lot of people who's been really disappointed about the time it took to release a short crime video with outdated placeholders. I think I've said it before, there's been a lot of things that has been redone from scratch. Also, we should expect the Town Square video to be much higher quality. You know the developers are working at the moment to make new assets and will replace animations and other things in a soon future. And how a game is improved is with good constructive criticism and a team who listen to the people. I doubt the team didn't learn anything from the feedback of the community.

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

I remember seeing the artwork for this games 4-5 years ago for their kick starter. They really started working on it 3-4 years ago. This year they made some solid progress and everything should be finished soon.

The Artwork was only shown at kickstarter not before and so 3 years ago. They started work on it from February 6th 2015 when kickstarter ended and so only 3 years in development.

14 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The Artwork was only shown at kickstarter not before and so 3 years ago. They started work on it from February 6th 2015 when kickstarter ended and so only 3 years in development.

Really? There’s no way. I remember seeing one piece of art work a long time ago. I mean ages. So I don’t know if they lets some slipped before the kick starter but I without a doubt saw their work longer than 3 years ago.

20 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

^ That is a comment, just like anything that follows the thread you posted. Also I forgot to rectify you about something, the crime video isn't the first game play video.

I can't help it but I've noticed there's been a lot of people who's been really disappointed about the time it took to release a short crime video with outdated placeholders. I think I've said it before, there's been a lot of things that has been redone from scratch. Also, we should expect the Town Square video to be much higher quality. You know the developers are working at the moment to make new assets and will replace animations and other things in a soon future. And how a game is improved is with good constructive criticism and a team who listen to the people. I doubt the team didn't learn anything from the feedback of the community.

It actually is the first game play video that show cases actually dynamics of the game such as the drug and le overlays. So I know what I’m talking about. Bud, you said I only posted comments when in fact I posted a thread and replied to others when they had some interesting feedback about MY thread. Gosh you got some type of chip on your shoulder. Don’t know where you got it but you gotta chill. Once again you can’t argue facts. We all think the trailer was not ready and we didn’t deserve something that wasn’t fully completed. You can’t even argue that when you said so yourself they used outdated things. Btw, I’m not flaming out on the devs I’m simply critiquing things they should have done better that the community deserved in the first place. Which is why’s there's a poll that justifies my view. Now if I just posted a thread just ranting about how bad a job the devs did then yeah that wouldn’t be helping anyone and would just be a waste of time. Instead I got solid answers from the polls.

8 hours ago, HAWK said:

It actually is the first game play video that show cases actually dynamics of the game such as the drug and le overlays. So I know what I’m talking about. Bud, you said I only posted comments when in fact I posted a thread and replied to others when they had some interesting feedback about MY thread. Gosh you got some type of chip on your shoulder. Don’t know where you got it but you gotta chill. Once again you can’t argue facts. We all think the trailer was not ready and we didn’t deserve something that wasn’t fully completed. You can’t even argue that when you said so yourself they used outdated things. Btw, I’m not flaming out on the devs I’m simply critiquing things they should have done better that the community deserved in the first place. Which is why’s there's a poll that justifies my view. Now if I just posted a thread just ranting about how bad a job the devs did then yeah that wouldn’t be helping anyone and would just be a waste of time. Instead I got solid answers from the polls.

Then I'm curious what was the apartment video about... There was (old) animations, customization. And when I say "comment", I'm talking about all the replies that has been made on this thread you created. I know what a comment is, which is a remark, observation or criticism. There's various ways of wording our opinion about more or less good features. For example I'd say "I feel like using placeholders might have not been the best idea for the first impression." But anyways... However you want to say it is up to you.

And what do you mean about the chip on my shoulder? I wasn't trying to be salty.

I'll tell you what facts I'm aware of: usage of old placeholders, short video, range of feelings among the community including hype, mixed feelings and disappointment.

But anyways, I'm just going to wait until they release the video of Town Square then judge, because it's been said a lot of things will be improved, unlike the crime video which was set in a region that haven't been touched for probably a few years. I hope they work on walking animations soon at least, which was probably the thing that most people was disappointed about.

Edited by LordBenji

5 hours ago, HAWK said:

no fucking way really ? 3-4 years ? and they basically have a pretty rendered scene with basic place holders and bad animations O.o

I get it they need to do back end stuff for MP but dam i thought they'ed actually have something decent to show off by now 

I thought id just watched a video from a game that just started development 6 months ago 

i take it they are self thought and have no actual experience as in a degree or some type of course ?

far as i know we just got a few people who gamed together who had an idea and thought they could make a game and then spent a week learning how to make pretty graphical scenes   (That would never work on a real game) learned some basic GUI added to the scene  (people have already done this all through youtube.)   and then people just thrown 800k+ towards it and now there forced to actually try and make a game  lol.. 

ill come back in a couple years from now good luck lmao. 

I truly don't understand the argument of "It's coming out -vs- It's a scam". Like if you think it's a scam then leave? You've tried your best convincing people of your opinion, but if they don't believe you... they don't believe you. The truth cannot be told, it can only be realized, and this is not me stating the game will not release, because I in fact have very high hopes that it will indeed be released sometime in March. However, I see it virtually pointless to argue over this trying to persuade the developers to what...? say it's a scam. Like I don't understand the main goal of this complaining. It's like you just want to complain. Say for instance, the developers are scamming, you think that if you continuously yell on a forum post they're gonna come out and be like, "Oh no, you got us. All that complaining, you really caught us. We're sorry, but thanks for the million." I just don't see the point. 

I understand the frustration point of view, it's a genre changing game that would be incredible if it releases and would be so much fun and enjoyable to play, but that's just the thing... it's not out. Until it's out, it's not out. I can't complain about being broke and expect to see a pile of cash at my doorstep the next morning. I believe we just need to realize that arguing is not accomplishing anything and truly all that we can do is wait to see the result of this game. Maybe it is a scam, and I can be proved wrong, but until it's proven-all we have is evidence that a small team of developers are taking on a project that's insanely massive and being subjected to push out content and estimates they feel unrealistic to please and non-please able community. I mean seriously, you all complained for 3 weeks that we're, "never gonna get a video-it's just going to be delayed forever", and you were proven wrong-then decided to complain about how short it was or how it wasn't set to your standards.

* Drop your expectations, if it releases-it does. If you don't feel like waiting-leave. Simple as I can put it *

Yours Truly,

~~ SummitsEdge // Kyvex Founder

• Like 3

Wait a minute, wasn't one of the whole points that the video got delayed another 4 weeks was because the guy doing the animations wasn't getting back to the devs........

The way I see it, most mainstream people will see the videos first (First Impressions) instead of the module. The module is supposed to be used for people already interested in the game to have motivation to support the game and to see how the progress of the game is going. The fact that some people say that the videos don't matter doesn't know how PR works and doesn't realize that most consumers only give about 10 seconds to anything to see if its interesting, you got to get someone hooked in that time and then the video has to be decently done to keep them hooked and interested. While the original trailer was very good at that, it did well because the game at the time was manly a concept, but now that the game is more then that, the trailers have to follow to keep interest.

This is what needs to be done to keep momentum and continue the growth of users in the game, or risk not getting people interested and even worst, losing people who are.

Some people doesn't always follow what's happening... But it's their loss if they're barely informed. I have to admit I missed a bunch of things because I wasn't active at all for a while. But I try my best to understand what's going on.

I'll have to admit that the location, and mechanics being showcased probably wasn't a wise choice. Old untouched part of the map (or almost untouched), physics you'll find in module two and three, and in beta.

You'd think that with three years of development, you'd get flawless progress, but it's not as simple as a lot of you would think... Don't forget they didn't have 20 developers and a nice office at the beginning. Things were delayed a lot due to unexpected things to happen. It's been about half a year ago they got their new office, and employed new developers. Some of them are living across the ocean and doesn't necessarily work full time.

So about those animations, they've been waiting for the guy to give it to them, and they were placeholders (yeah I know what you think.) Some people say that animations are easy to do but they are not really as easy as you think they are. With how many times they redesigned body models, making clothing fit, blending the animations so it looks smooth then there's a few other things that Brandon and John have said in two Twitch clips that I'd like to point out.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterKnottyCobblerKappaPride & https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyVainHerdSoBayed

I know I've said it several times already, but I'll repeat it again, we should expect the video of Town Square to be much higher quality (with hopefully new reworked animations on time), because the first module have been their main priority for the most part. That's the bit of the map that has been completely redone at least three times during those few years of development. It is very likely to have some of the most up to date assets, but we will see how it goes. I doubt it'll be very long as it's just a few things to showcase around the area. There's almost no information about what they plan to include in the video, but it would be cool to find a few cinematic shots on the streets, and walking around in the buildings like the museum and karaoke bar.

Edited by LordBenji
Fixed typo
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 7:21 PM, LordBenji said:

Then I'm curious what was the apartment video about... There was (old) animations, customization. And when I say "comment", I'm talking about all the replies that has been made on this thread you created. I know what a comment is, which is a remark, observation or criticism. There's various ways of wording our opinion about more or less good features. For example I'd say "I feel like using placeholders might have not been the best idea for the first impression." But anyways... However you want to say it is up to you.

And what do you mean about the chip on my shoulder? I wasn't trying to be salty.

I'll tell you what facts I'm aware of: usage of old placeholders, short video, range of feelings among the community including hype, mixed feelings and disappointment.

But anyways, I'm just going to wait until they release the video of Town Square then judge, because it's been said a lot of things will be improved, unlike the crime video which was set in a region that haven't been touched for probably a few years. I hope they work on walking animations soon at least, which was probably the thing that most people was disappointed about.

We're not buying a design your home 101 game. You know that right? lol. The apartment video was just a little taste of what to expect. It was not an actual gameplay trailer like this video was supposed to be. Maybe, but when it's something that so obvious like "aye don't use placeholders for a video that's going to impact how fans will perceive your game for the first time" just frustrates me. I'm glad, neither am I. I'm glad we're having this discussion because I can see what you and people similar to you are thinking of after seeing this video. True. I'm going to do the same. I'm sure they're going to make this into a great game, but they certainly didn't help their case with that video.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:36 PM, Joe said:

no fucking way really ? 3-4 years ? and they basically have a pretty rendered scene with basic place holders and bad animations O.o

I get it they need to do back end stuff for MP but dam i thought they'ed actually have something decent to show off by now 

I thought id just watched a video from a game that just started development 6 months ago 

i take it they are self thought and have no actual experience as in a degree or some type of course ?

far as i know we just got a few people who gamed together who had an idea and thought they could make a game and then spent a week learning how to make pretty graphical scenes   (That would never work on a real game) learned some basic GUI added to the scene  (people have already done this all through youtube.)   and then people just thrown 800k+ towards it and now there forced to actually try and make a game  lol.. 

ill come back in a couple years from now good luck lmao. 

I agree with some if not most of your points. After years of working on this game they should have had shown us something that would blow our minds and this certainly didn't do it for most of us. But, I do believe that they will make this into a really good game in some time.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, NanoSpace said:

Wait a minute, wasn't one of the whole points that the video got delayed another 4 weeks was because the guy doing the animations wasn't getting back to the devs........

That''s what I thought too. lol. Now weeks later after being delayed and we get 2 years old animations. That's some bull.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:13 AM, NanoSpace said:

The way I see it, most mainstream people will see the videos first (First Impressions) instead of the module. The module is supposed to be used for people already interested in the game to have motivation to support the game and to see how the progress of the game is going. The fact that some people say that the videos don't matter doesn't know how PR works and doesn't realize that most consumers only give about 10 seconds to anything to see if its interesting, you got to get someone hooked in that time and then the video has to be decently done to keep them hooked and interested. While the original trailer was very good at that, it did well because the game at the time was manly a concept, but now that the game is more then that, the trailers have to follow to keep interest.

This is what needs to be done to keep momentum and continue the growth of users in the game, or risk not getting people interested and even worst, losing people who are.

I totally agree with you. When they do provide us trailers and videos they must be the top of the line because if it's not it can change the whole gaming community's outlook on it.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:55 PM, LordBenji said:

Some people doesn't always follow what's happening... But it's their loss if they're barely informed. I have to admit I missed a bunch of things because I wasn't active at all for a while. But I try my best to understand what's going on.

I'll have to admit that the location, and mechanics being showcased probably wasn't a wise choice. Old untouched part of the map (or almost untouched), physics you'll find in module two and three, and in beta.

You'd think that with three years of development, you'd get flawless progress, but it's not as simple as a lot of you would think... Don't forget they didn't have 20 developers and a nice office at the beginning. Things were delayed a lot due to unexpected things to happen. It's been about half a year ago they got their new office, and employed new developers. Some of them are living across the ocean and doesn't necessarily work full time.

So about those animations, they've been waiting for the guy to give it to them, and they were placeholders (yeah I know what you think.) Some people say that animations are easy to do but they are not really as easy as you think they are. With how many times they redesigned body models, making clothing fit, blending the animations so it looks smooth then there's a few other things that Brandon and John have said in two Twitch clips that I'd like to point out.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterKnottyCobblerKappaPride & https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyVainHerdSoBayed

I know I've said it several times already, but I'll repeat it again, we should expect the video of Town Square to be much higher quality (with hopefully new reworked animations on time), because the first module have been their main priority for the most part. That's the bit of the map that has been completely redone at least three times during those few years of development. It is very likely to have some of the most up to date assets, but we will see how it goes. I doubt it'll be very long as it's just a few things to showcase around the area. There's almost no information about what they plan to include in the video, but it would be cool to find a few cinematic shots on the streets, and walking around in the buildings like the museum and karaoke bar.

You also have to remember that these guys have a lot of funding for such a small team and they should of been hiring more guys from the start to increase the speed of things getting done like the animations. They were didn't start expanding their team until around last July. What's interesting in those twitch videos is that they seriously confirmed my suspicions that most of these animations were very old or weren't even done. So just now about a month away from releasing the Town Square module they are working on animations. That's ridiculous. Plus they also state "It's most likely going to be ready for Town Square Module release", most likely? Delays are nothing new to Identity, but let's hope they actually release it on the date they told us with not placeholder animations or you can bet this community will be raging like you never seen before. lol. Now for the video of Town Square we don't even know for sure if these animations will be down for the actual release of town square so I wouldn't be counting on it in the video. But if it does then that's freaking awesome! I agree any of those things in the video would be great. According to the community they rather have a long video with more aspects thrown in with a not so good production than a short video, good production, and little aspects shown.

Let's hope for the best!

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

We're not buying a design your home 101 game. You know that right? lol. The apartment video was just a little taste of what to expect. It was not an actual gameplay trailer like this video was supposed to be. Maybe, but when it's something that so obvious like "aye don't use placeholders for a video that's going to impact how fans will perceive your game for the first time" just frustrates me. I'm glad, neither am I. I'm glad we're having this discussion because I can see what you and people similar to you are thinking of after seeing this video. True. I'm going to do the same. I'm sure they're going to make this into a great game, but they certainly didn't help their case with that video.

I know, because at the base, this is a cop vs criminal game. And you're right, the apartment video says "Identity insider". I still consider it as a tiny bit of game play but that doesn't really matter. If we go back to the crime video, I wonder if people are over reacting about it. It didn't leave me frustrated as it did to some others. But it all depends on the expectations of each one of us. But I certainly expect Asylum to have a better looking video next.

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

You also have to remember that these guys have a lot of funding for such a small team and they should of been hiring more guys from the start to increase the speed of things getting done like the animations. They were didn't start expanding their team until around last July. What's interesting in those twitch videos is that they seriously confirmed my suspicions that most of these animations were very old or weren't even done. So just now about a month away from releasing the Town Square module they are working on animations. That's ridiculous. Plus they also state "It's most likely going to be ready for Town Square Module release", most likely? Delays are nothing new to Identity, but let's hope they actually release it on the date they told us with not placeholder animations or you can bet this community will be raging like you never seen before. lol. Now for the video of Town Square we don't even know for sure if these animations will be down for the actual release of town square so I wouldn't be counting on it in the video. But if it does then that's freaking awesome! I agree any of those things in the video would be great. According to the community they rather have a long video with more aspects thrown in with a not so good production than a short video, good production, and little aspects shown.

I still remember back when they only had a few hundred of thousands worth of pledge. I'm unsure what's restraining them from hiring more staff, but I know that right now they want more developers. Maybe it's because they were scared to go over the budget? You could ask the question to @Beach_Ball (he'll certainly respond on the Discord if you DM him: Beach_Ball#4434). Then he might ask it in one of the next stream to Paratus.

In response to the animation, I didn't say it but most of the placeholder animations were motion captured from it was said in the Twitch clips. I was looking at the crime video in slow motion, the jogging animation did look a bit weird. But I can't really pinpoint where the problem is. It might have to do with how it blends all together, with each foot landing. But they definitely won't let the animations at the state it was at the moment the crime video released.

Also what do you exactly mean by "not so good production"? Because in your poll #2, it mentions something about more content of less quality. I would assume it would be about the video in general, like less focused on smaller details to be able to show more. I'm not sure if you also meant like quality of the content being showcased in game, because that would contradict people's opinion about the video (mostly animations). You didn't leave much choice on that question though.

2 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

I know, because at the base, this is a cop vs criminal game. And you're right, the apartment video says "Identity insider". I still consider it as a tiny bit of game play but that doesn't really matter. If we go back to the crime video, I wonder if people are over reacting about it. It didn't leave me frustrated as it did to some others. But it all depends on the expectations of each one of us. But I certainly expect Asylum to have a better looking video next.

I still remember back when they only had a few hundred of thousands worth of pledge. I'm unsure what's restraining them from hiring more staff, but I know that right now they want more developers. Maybe it's because they were scared to go over the budget? You could ask the question to @Beach_Ball (he'll certainly respond on the Discord if you DM him: Beach_Ball#4434). Then he might ask it in one of the next stream to Paratus.

In response to the animation, I didn't say it but most of the placeholder animations were motion captured from it was said in the Twitch clips. I was looking at the crime video in slow motion, the jogging animation did look a bit weird. But I can't really pinpoint where the problem is. It might have to do with how it blends all together, with each foot landing. But they definitely won't let the animations at the state it was at the moment the crime video released.

Also what do you exactly mean by "not so good production"? Because in your poll #2, it mentions something about more content of less quality. I would assume it would be about the video in general, like less focused on smaller details to be able to show more. I'm not sure if you also meant like quality of the content being showcased in game, because that would contradict people's opinion about the video (mostly animations). You didn't leave much choice on that question though.

I see what you mean too. I'm glad you get what I'm saying about this video. lol. Maybe not so much of going over the budget and more so taking time that they choose the best team. Which makes sense, but it doesn't take 6-7 months long. lol. I mean they did just hit 1 million dollars for their fun so they got the money for sure. Yeah I saw what the dev said too and maybe he's right. But if that was the case they shouldn't have used the jog animation and just ran to places or walked (since he said the walking animation looks really nice). In that poll I defined what I meant by the word "quality" in the title of the question though I didn't use that word in my paragraph that's what I was referring to. It's "describing the planning of the video, voice acting, and video editing." In this video they made it very cinematic with the cut scenes and everything which caused a lot of good footage of the environment and other things to be lost. Therefore, the one choice to pick is a video where they just get to the point and show case aspects of the game " Longer videos that are not as good quality, but show cases more. ". I was hoping one of the devs or even beach ball would comment on these threads since they offer a lot of insight.