HairyGrenade

GAMEPLAY VIDEO

18 hours ago, Eriberto said:

Yeah, in fullscreen looks pretty bad :<

Yeah, I'd like to quote that. I heard that they only started filming a few days ago. Don't get me wrong, really enjoyed the video, and there could be a few more improvements in place. I'm also wondering why it took so long apart from animations and such. 

18 hours ago, Norway174 said:

@dimin69 Well, it does say all of that those aspects are placeholders in the video description.

And you're probably disappointed because it's not an actual trailer. It's an early gameplay trailer. Perhaps a bit too early.
But this is what you get when the community demands things.

Completely agreed. 

19 hours ago, Norway174 said:

So this is the video that people have been drooling about?

Maybe it's just me. But I don't really see what the big fuzz was about.
Much more hyped for Town Square. :P 

I'm going to climb out on a limb here and say that I think we all are. 

• Like 1

Dissapointed with the veichle suspension, looks really stiff when he turns, like a cardboard. Was hoping to see more weight on the car and smooth movement like GTA IV. hopefully it's still a work in progress and will be improved.

Edited by agartha
  • Like 1

im glad to FINALLY see some gameplay and action i have been wondering what it would be like for the longest...i think it looks great but in the video game world you can never expect great things when the game is in development...these people are working as hard as possible and i personally appreciate it...keep up the good works guys!!! <3

• Like 3

3 hours ago, agartha said:

Dissapointed with the veichle suspension, looks really stiff when he turns, like a cardboard. Was hoping to see more weight on the car and smooth movement like GTA IV. hopefully it's still a work in progress and will be improved.

The vehicle stuff was made purely for the video. It is a place holder. It will be changed for module 3. That feature won't be done until a later period of the game.

• Like 3

On 2/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, Theezakj said:

glad the video is finally here, looks all ok, some graphics really look old, and stuff looks much "worse" than in the stream for example,  but it s good to see the first things like movement etc. also considering its beta gameplay or whatever. However, im wondering why the video took so long, it s only 2 minutes and pretty much just gameplay, which would just be filming it and then editing it, weird that takes  so long imo. But dont get me wrong, glad it s here! 

EDIT: after watching it again not on full screen, graphics look very good! 

The graphics hopefully get improved

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 2:12 AM, njayminsim1115 said:

The graphics hopefully get improved

The main focus is on Town Square, but rest assured the whole map will be overhauled too over time. What would be the point to stick with old placeholder foliage?

6 hours ago, Kellog said:

It honestly looks like a cartoon game like Fortnite

^ Joke of the year 2018. Considering the assets were placeholders, it still looks much better than the crappy cartoon graphics of Fortnite.

louwC6v.png

• Like 4

On 12.2.2018 at 10:05 PM, dimin69 said:

im kinda disapointed in the trailer , there a lot of things that are off (collision glitches , weapon unholster animation, the people talking sound like ai, light is off , graphics seem on low) 

not sure but it's probably because it's work in progress and not the module that'll release in march :D

Hi @HairyGrenade,

Well done by the Identity's Team, I'm amazed to see the first alpha release on March ! May the force be with you ;)

Edited by CDK

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

not sure but it's probably because it's work in progress and not the module that'll release in march :D

correct, i am aware of this , yet why are they showing this and not something  thats actualy planned for the module ?

13 hours ago, dimin69 said:

correct, i am aware of this , yet why are they showing this and not something  thats actualy planned for the module ?

probably because it's still a month to go, they didn't polish the module to a state where they like to show it because they're scared that they'll scare away the community and mostly because of the "when will the game release within the next 2 seconds?" people?

OP Thanks for sharing the link to the Video.

IMO I enjoyed the video. The quality of the video is obviously low and much of the gameplay is clunky, I agree. The video was a long time coming and I'm disappointed at the length and quality. There are may exiting features to appreciate found within, regardless of the quality and length of time. The address lookup is interesting footage, also the environmental effects such as shadows and bird sounds to name a few. I'm excited to start working and playing and gaming with the first module. The second and third are still a ways off. I've been patient with the process, the progress, and the devs. Many others have as well. Soon we will enjoy our town square. The video is a nice insight, and that is all for now, at least for me. I'm as hyped for the game as I've ever been, since the day I learned of this MMORPG, since I pledged, and every time we take another step towards the release, I'm still hyped. Agree or disagree is all good. GG

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I have three options. I will preorder, buy beta access or neither. The trailer for Town Square will be my deciding point. You better make it good.

I have to say I am impressed with the gameplay. I wasn't even expecting this much. A lot of this has brought me to the thought of the lawyer system. I for one feel there is going to be a lot of well thought out crime in this game. At least one of my characters will be a female defense attorney. A lot of the decisions of the officer left me in thoughts of lawyer arguments in court. Obviously, the perp fired a the cop first. But the cop fired back and hit the perp, not once, not twice; but six shots to kill him. Aren't cops supposed to shoot to disarm or at least injure the suspect so that an arrest can be made? 

Unless the cop had a POV camera on him, there is no telling what really happened. The perp that was handcuffed could show up to court and say that "officer________, shot and murdered my conrad". Or he could tell his lawyer that "when officer_______ showed up, my buddy clearly gave himself up and officer______still shot at him, out of spite of doing the criminal activity". The police report would obviously have in it that officer________radioed for backup once he identified armed perps. But once shots were fired, he didn't get back on the radio until after he had shot and killed perp 1 and arrested perp 2.

But pretty much what it gets down to is the grey area in the case. Did perp 1 offer himself willingly to make the arrest or is the defendant(perp 2), testifying truthfully in his defense that officer_______, shot and killed perp 1 after he had willingly given himself up.

Thoughts?

Edited by Good_Citizen
  • Like 2

On 20-2-2018 at 7:36 AM, Shimozukachi said:

probably because it's still a month to go, they didn't polish the module to a state where they like to show it because they're scared that they'll scare away the community and mostly because of the "when will the game release within the next 2 seconds?" people?

so you rather have them showing of that won't be released this year ?

16 hours ago, dimin69 said:

so you rather have them showing of that won't be released this year ?

there are always 2 ways:
1. showing an unfinished game because some people are like "mimimi i want the finished game in the next 2 seconds", then they say that the unfinished game is unfinished (because they wanted a finished game in just 2 seconds). those are the people that make sure that ubisoft gets money even through bugsassin's creed is unfinished because they complain but keep buying it.

or:
2. the game gets polished etc. and gets released properly while all those "ubbisoft fans" want the game to publish earlier because else they do always cause the community to think that it's scam just because they're "special" in their own opinion.

either that or the other way there'll be people that aren't satisfied.

9 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

there are always 2 ways:
1. showing an unfinished game because some people are like "mimimi i want the finished game in the next 2 seconds", then they say that the unfinished game is unfinished (because they wanted a finished game in just 2 seconds). those are the people that make sure that ubisoft gets money even through bugsassin's creed is unfinished because they complain but keep buying it.

or:
2. the game gets polished etc. and gets released properly while all those "ubbisoft fans" want the game to publish earlier because else they do always cause the community to think that it's scam just because they're "special" in their own opinion.

either that or the other way there'll be people that aren't satisfied.

i rather have 1. give me a good trailer get people hyped. get money so you can get a project of this scale done...
don't get me wrong i can wait and i know what goes into making games.
but for marketing this is a game trailer that makes me go , okay lets wait and see how this ends up being.

i played asylum. in total i have 2000 hours in arma most of the time in modded life servers. i know what i excpect from a life game but for people that never played something like this. this trailer didn't show what this game is about... 

Thanks for the video. Now I'm even more hyped!  I loved the birds flying out of the way of the approaching car. Little touches like that will make this game truly realistic. I'm looking forward to playing around in the Town Square!

• Like 1

To be quite honest the drug making process. Seems like something that I would definitely be interested in! I'm sure that ingredients have to be gathered as well, wonder if it will be as easy as going to the local drug store. ;)

On 3/16/2018 at 1:10 AM, Rizzoli said:

To be quite honest the drug making process. Seems like something that I would definitely be interested in! I'm sure that ingredients have to be gathered as well, wonder if it will be as easy as going to the local drug store. ;)

Chances are you'll have to steal them from warehouses and such like in breaking bad