LylePyle

Fallout

I’ve been a fan of the series for a while and always thought most of the lore within the games were amazing. Fallout and Fallout 2 stand out the most to me. The stories within the main game and the depth of all the characters and locations makes you feel immersed. Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 never had the same feel for me. New Vegas had a really interesting story but the Fallout 3 engine ruined it for me.

If y’all have a favorite fallout moment post it man.

Old topic, but... why not?  Anyway.. I never cared for the Fallouts Prior to third.. In fact when I heard of three I didn't pay attention to the commercials because of relation to the previous.. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad, just not my flavor. Three was/is great.  Leaving the Vault, the armor, the weapons, the enemies, the world.. the overall charm.. So much creativity went into the overall design of that game..  Four is really nothing more than a much better Fallout three..  Approaching Corvega, clearing the perimeter, making entry, fighting the way through.  Every area and everything in that game is great.. The companions, the dialogue, weapons..  Just a well designed fun game.. Don't need to finish it to get your money's worth, there's so much content. 

3 was great, New Vegas was great. BUT 4 has so much ambiance and charm, it feels alive.  The constant respawn of the ghouls becomes annoying but without the areas would be empty.. 

I don't care what anyone says.. they put a lot of work and care into the design, direction and execution of fallout 4.. The add-ons might suck but I wouldn't know I never experienced any of them, but expanded content usually does so.. 

I've tried the early Fallout 1 and 2 when they were new, but never really get caught up in that isometric view. I really enjoyed the 3rd installment, didn't really play NV much, and I absolutely loved Fallout 4, the story was decent, the sidequests were entertaining, world was amazing, easter eggs were great. Haven't 100%'ed the game yet. But at some point I just might.