Sign in to follow this  
xeyhjesus

Is the website identityrpg(dot)net a scam?

Is the website identityrpg(dot)net a scam? or just a new renovated website?

I do NOT recommend going on this website, unless im being dumb and think its a scam when it isnt, but thats why i am making this topic just to get confirmation and or aware people of the website.

So I went to go take a look at the identity forums but accidentally put .net instead of the usual .com. upon entering this website the language was set to dutch or something like that. the layout was similar but slightly more modern, at first glance it seemed like the identity website had upgraded and had done a visual update. however what weirded me out was that it was in a random language that I defo don't speak or know. the front page of the site specifically says "No whitelist access yet? Although IdentityRPG is not yet public, you can now unlock your whitelist account for our game servers! No whitelist access yet?"  I found this weird since I don't remember ever receiving an email about this? maybe I didn't get sent one or maybe I'm dumb.

I used google translate and it appears to be a German server network at a glance, seems harmless, I also ran it through a URL scanner and it turned up negative to any signs of malware.  

After doing some research and roasting a few moderators on the forums it appears they are starting up a German community for the game and will be releasing there own german server when the full game is released. So they are completely harmless and just a couple of germane trying to start up there own community. :) Thanks for the report though to try to keep some people safe from scams.