PopStar

System Build Suggestions

Hello all, how is everyone doing on this beautiful day? I'm highly excited for Identity to come out just like you. I only have 1 small problem.... I HAVE TO BUILD A PC lol I know things are crazy with the crypto mining right now but i do have a budget of about 2500. I would like some help deciding what to pick for an Ultra 1080p build lol I will also be needing mouse keyboard and monitor. Any miracle  workers out there want to make any suggestions on cpu's and gpu's?

Its really simple actually, you don't even need a case or fans. Just slap all the parts in a cardboard box, plug it in,  and connect all the cords and poof PC @PopStar

Or you could get a case and put everything in really easily and then connect all the wires that have labels as to where they go so theres that too. BTW 2500 is AMAZING computer build. You could probably go with a 1500 dollar PC and be fine too

Edited by YouKnowBro

17 hours ago, njayminsim1115 said:

You should definitely watch some youtube videos on it. It is worth the effort of 2.5 grand

Ive spent like 3 years watching vids lol

Hi I've not really upgraded in some time still using a 7990 lol, but I would start with a,

I5 1150skt upwards

Some half decent ddr3/4

And a 980

Dont listen to people that try and say get a 1080 and a 6core i7 blah blah blah lol I'm using a x79 with a 7990 and still plays EVERYTHING 

• Like 1

On 8-2-2018 at 2:12 AM, PopStar said:

I’ve actully been playing around with ibuypower I might just go prebuilt

You will always pay to much on prebuilt pc's . Just go to PCPartpicker forum make your own build and let people do suggestions on possible changes

8 hours ago, xCeltix said:

You will always pay to much on prebuilt pc's . Just go to PCPartpicker forum make your own build and let people do suggestions on possible changes

there was a period when that statement was false lol have you seen the price of gpus

I want a 1080 TI and a 8th gen i7 on my future build but yeah, I have to agree the pricing is absurd at the moment.

If you want to get a 1080ti and i7 blah blah blah it is definitely worth it but not for 1080p with that build u can easily play most any game 60fps in glorious 2160p. 60fps is pretty standard right now but if u get a Gsync 4k monitor it will cost you. I have an AMD freesync monitor which only cost me 400. So I can't sync my gpu and monitor's refresh rates. But the pictures are still photorealistic for alot of games. I just have to use Vsync in game setting because I went for the cheapest 4k monitor at the time and this was last March. If you just want 1080p you wont need to spend any where near that.

Popstar, I highly recommend you allocate some of the funds of your PC into your monitor. 1440p is a sweet spot rn and it looks beautiful. also, getting a 144hz refresh rate monitor is highly recommended. I run all of my games fine with a 2560x1440 144hz monitor with an i5-8400 and GTX 1070 (OC).

Never cheap out on a monitor, it's the only part of the computer you are constantly looking at!

You can try places like craigslist or LetGo to get good deals on GPUs. That's how the IT community has been surviving the last few months.

Edited by Mike319

41 minutes ago, Mike319 said:

Never cheap out on a monitor, it's the only part of the computer you are constantly looking at!

You can try places like craigslist or LetGo to get good deals on GPUs. That's how the IT community has been surviving the last few months.

LOL that seems expensive cus then id have to get a 1440 gpu that 1070 is pricey but i might just save up if it really means that much

1 hour ago, Mike319 said:

also doesnt make sense to pay more just to play at 60fps on 1440 when i could play 100+fps on 1080p right?

also just planned this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qRsJV6

Edited by PopStar
add

I would rather play 60fps @ 1440 then 144fps @ 1080. 60 is still smooth, but the resolution is killer. If you get a 1070 used you will save a shit ton of money.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 1:46 AM, Mike319 said:

I would rather play 60fps @ 1440 then 144fps @ 1080. 60 is still smooth, but the resolution is killer. If you get a 1070 used you will save a shit ton of money.

ill just go for a 4k build to be safe

I know this is a little old. But who cares, I like picking Parts. 

THIS IS A BUILD MAINLY FOR ESTHETICS! NOT BEST PRICE to PERFORMANCE.

• CPU: Intel Core I5-8600K
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
  • Motherboard: Aus ROG Strix Z370-E
  • Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB)
  • Storage 1 (OS): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
  • Storage 2 (Other): Seagate Fire Cuda 2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HDD
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 TI SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black
  • PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+ Platinum
  • Case: Cooler Master - Master Case Maker 5
  • Case Fan: Corsair ML120 PRO RGB 3 Pack
  • Monitor: AOC G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse: You have to find yourself. IDK if you are the "Mouse Rest" Type or Pro Gamer.

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cGfQD2

Edited by Klouuse

25 minutes ago, Klouuse said:

I know this is a little old. But who cares, I like picking Parts. 

THIS IS A BUILD MAINLY FOR ESTHETICS! NOT BEST PRICE to PERFORMANCE.

• CPU: Intel Core I5-8600K
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
  • Motherboard: Aus ROG Strix Z370-E
  • Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB)
  • Storage 1 (OS): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
  • Storage 2 (Other): Seagate Fire Cuda 2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HDD
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 TI SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black
  • PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+ Platinum
  • Case: Cooler Master - Master Case Maker 5
  • Case Fan: Corsair ML120 PRO RGB 3 Pack
  • Monitor: AOC G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse: You have to find yourself. IDK if you are the "Mouse Rest" Type or Pro Gamer.

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cGfQD2

This is what I’m saving for https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Farrii/saved/FqWgLk

On 04/05/2018 at 4:40 PM, PopStar said:

Didn't you mention your Budget was 2500?

On 04/05/2018 at 4:40 PM, PopStar said:

If you allow me to Change some things:

• If you don't have an External Microphone, remove the Corsair Void Pro, I had it and I send it back. Every time I had the Mic in front of me, it would just fall down if you move your Head. I recommend (If money isn't a Problem) getting an external Mic like the Blue Snowball (good enough for talking) and then investing in a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm.

• Getting a different Case. Since you are not Custom Watercooling your PC you don't need a Full Tower. An ATX Case is good enough. Also, your Case doesn't have a PSU shroud, so you need to plan your cable Management pretty good. I recommend a Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5.

• Swap your CPU for an I7-8700k. It cost about the same and is a little stronger for Gaming.