Sign in to follow this  
LordBenji

Various questions (drowning, farming, trucking, etc.)

Question

I've watched several twitch clips to see where this game is going, then I thought about a few things that I'd like a bit more clarifications.

1- The mostly important thing I'd like answers about would be what happens in different scenarios when a player disconnects or lose connection. I know they talked a bit about for example if you committed a crime, that the character doesn't instantly disappear. But does that apply to everything in general? For example while being a passenger and the driver disconnects, or during any interactions with the world.

2- Another thing, when going out of bounds, you can literally die. But can you swim underwater without a proper suit? Can you drown if you stay for too long without air supply?

3- They talked a little bit about tools but I don't recall them going too much into details. But what kind of tools will you be able to get to mine? Wood cut? Farm? I know there would be picks, axes, but what about augers, chainsaws, hoes, plows? Also is there going to be anything you can use to maintain or even improve your crops?

4- In terms of trucking in a transport corporation, is there any details yet? Like protocols, contracts, logs to fill. I know some of the people talked about that it will be sort of based from my favorite trucking simulator.

5- Another concern is about measurement units. Imperial or metric? Can you toggle it in the options?

6- I know some items can age, and even gain value. But can something get old and be worth nothing or very low value? I guess this one really depends.

7 answers to this question

1. Yes, it will likely be in all scenarios that if a player disconnects his character will stay for a set time to allow all of the consequences that follows leaving. If you have to go, a suggestion would be go to a safe place or hide etc.

2. You can swim with out the diving suit but also will need to likely get air without one as otherwise the suit is pointless to say the least.

3. Not sure as far as it goes you will get an axe and pick axe but I will find more out for you.

4. The trucking is going to be a player made business and so if they owner of the business asks for such then, it is something but otherwise it is not a mechanic in the game I believe.

5. Motown was asked this yesterday and I believe it likely will be a toggled thing in the options. 

6. No, you don’t age but you can make a character look old and RP as a useless old person in a sense etc.

• Like 1

Ah that's really cool @LuckyDuck, thank you very much!

But I think you've misunderstood the 6th point. I was referring to items, things you can own. I know the value of one said item can change by a few factors. I was wondering if the price can greatly deflate due to owning it over a very long period of time/use.

I hope I made it more clear. Cheers :) 

8 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Ah that's really cool @LuckyDuck, thank you very much!

But I think you've misunderstood the 6th point. I was referring to items, things you can own. I know the value of one said item can change by a few factors. I was wondering if the price can greatly deflate due to owning it over a very long period of time/use.

I hope I made it more clear. Cheers :) 

Yes, I did infact mis-read that and the answer to the actual question well is I am not too sure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I've watched several twitch clips to see where this game is going, then I thought about a few things that I'd like a bit more clarifications.

1- The mostly important thing I'd like answers about would be what happens in different scenarios when a player disconnects or lose connection. I know they talked a bit about for example if you committed a crime, that the character doesn't instantly disappear. But does that apply to everything in general? For example while being a passenger and the driver disconnects, or during any interactions with the world.

2- Another thing, when going out of bounds, you can literally die. But can you swim underwater without a proper suit? Can you drown if you stay for too long without air supply?

3- They talked a little bit about tools but I don't recall them going too much into details. But what kind of tools will you be able to get to mine? Wood cut? Farm? I know there would be picks, axes, but what about augers, chainsaws, hoes, plows? Also is there going to be anything you can use to maintain or even improve your crops?

4- In terms of trucking in a transport corporation, is there any details yet? Like protocols, contracts, logs to fill. I know some of the people talked about that it will be sort of based from my favorite trucking simulator.

5- Another concern is about measurement units. Imperial or metric? Can you toggle it in the options?

6- I know some items can age, and even gain value. But can something get old and be worth nothing or very low value? I guess this one really depends.

I'd assume for question 1 there is going to be a Anti Combat logging system in place like most games that combat logging is an issue. As well as for question 2 I think it's pretty obvious that you won't be able to go underwater for an infinite amount of time that just wouldn't make sense. For question 4 an idea for putting down protocols, contracts and or if you want to fill out logs for the day for your company, you might just have to use google docs and have something like that going on for your company if it isn't in game.  

I'd like to follow up the first question: if your driver disconnects, will the passenger be able to control the steering until the car slows down?

Similarly, if the passenger is evil, can they jerk the wheel to try and crash the car? That would be an interesting mechanic.

10 hours ago, Aerotactics said:

I'd like to follow up the first question: if your driver disconnects, will the passenger be able to control the steering until the car slows down?

Likely it will be the persons character will stay driving and until disconnected completely and this is so that his character faces consequences which they could be avoiding.

10 hours ago, Aerotactics said:

Similarly, if the passenger is evil, can they jerk the wheel to try and crash the car? That would be an interesting mechanic.

Likely not.

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Likely it will be the persons character will stay driving and until disconnected completely and this is so that his character faces consequences which they could be avoiding.

Then you'll be facing the consequences the driver is facing, unless you can detach your seat belts and leave the vehicle while it's moving.