Kristijan1001

Micro-transactions in RPG will tottally kill it.

Micro-Transactions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want micro-transactions in this game ?

• No.
    • Yes Skins Only.
    • Yes Vehicles,Apartments and Clothes.

7 minutes ago, Merrkul said:

Well said! I would rather pay a full AAA price tag up front instead of watching these microtransactions unfold. Ok, the point is roleplaying but we roleplay to earn money. To buy stuff. Magically making money appear isnt roleplaying. 

The game isn't going to be listed as $60

That is a shame. I would happy to pay it. I understand that the starting price point is a very touchy point and can alter sales quite a bit. It comes down to confidence in the product in the end. The bad thing about this situation is that it will potentially ruin the game itself. 

Edited by Merrkul

10 hours ago, Merrkul said:

Well said! I would rather pay a full AAA price tag up front instead of watching these microtransactions unfold. Ok, the point is roleplaying but we roleplay to earn money. To buy stuff. Magically making money appear isnt roleplaying. 

There will be no in-game money getting purchased as it won’t be in the shop as that is Pay2Win and so will not be available for real money purchases 

Seems the dev's have went through a lot of trouble to make this game as real as possible. To many aspects to point out but 1 that I will point out. You can WORK to make money to purchase even the trim around your windows if you choose to do so. That being said, I cannot in real life take my 1986 Honda Moped into a bike a bike shop and magically turn it into a 1972 Harley Davidson FX Shovelhead or my torn up 501 Levis and turn those into formal pants. The same way I cannot take my old ass 1971 Ford Pinto and magically turn it into a Ferrari.

For me, this whole game is about living a life (outside of my own) and WORKING in order to buy things in game. Your job is your choice. Your income is your choice. I will WORK and earn my money and buy the things I need and want. My initial payment for the passport that I bought was it. I will pay no more for anything else in this game. I do not have a magic card in my back pocket for skins or anything else of the sort. Being able to purchase such things (in my opinion) is just plain cheating and nothing more than a way for others to make more money off of the game. 

If others stop playing because of greed then so be it. Your choice to make the game anyway you want to. I personally would not do so. Keep it real fellas. That's what has attracted so many folks to begin with. *Steps off my soapbox*

Edited by Kardlef
  • Like 2

Don't see what the problem is, the developers are against pay to win but they've got to make money somehow and so long as the microtransactions don't step into pay to win territory I don't see why anyone needs to care, I'm playing it for me so I'm not going to care if Bob from down the road has a slightly better accommodation than me as it's his money he's wasting rather than just Saving up in game money, microtransactions aren't a good thing in gaming but devs need to make money and this game is far more promising to let micros ruin it 

They make money selling the game. That is why we buy it. Selling items that you work for for real world money de-values the efforts in getting them in my opinion.  What about user created content? Can those be bought with real money? 

I played and enjoyed Arma life greatly.  Without micro transactions. I know this is a much more ambitious effort. Overall it is their project and it is their choice but i am concerned about not only the longevity, economy but the gameplay itself. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Merrkul said:

They make money selling the game. That is why we buy it. Selling items that you work for for real world money de-values the efforts in getting them in my opinion.  What about user created content? Can those be bought with real money? 

I played and enjoyed Arma life greatly.  Without micro transactions. I know this is a much more ambitious effort. Overall it is their project and it is their choice but i am concerned about not only the longevity, economy but the gameplay itself. 

Money doesn't last forever, micro transactions help continue the game's development and enables for new technology. 

8 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Money doesn't last forever, micro transactions help continue the game's development and enables for new technology. 

And that's where the difference is between the developers for identity and other game developers, identity is using it to keep the game going and to improve it whereas other devs use it for more money and that's it, this isn't about greed it's about having more income to keep supporting a brilliant game

I don't see why you have such a problem with micro-transactions, they are in almost every game. Deal with it. If people want to spend money let them, apartments mean nothing to anyone else because there's infinetly many as @LuckyDuck said and there isn't much impact to the general audience. Vehicles aren't going to really effect you either so what's your problem?

On 30/01/2018 at 12:47 PM, Kardlef said:

Seems the dev's have went through a lot of trouble to make this game as real as possible. To many aspects to point out but 1 that I will point out. You can WORK to make money to purchase even the trim around your windows if you choose to do so. That being said, I cannot in real life take my 1986 Honda Moped into a bike a bike shop and magically turn it into a 1972 Harley Davidson FX Shovelhead or my torn up 501 Levis and turn those into formal pants. The same way I cannot take my old ass 1971 Ford Pinto and magically turn it into a Ferrari.

For me, this whole game is about living a life (outside of my own) and WORKING in order to buy things in game. Your job is your choice. Your income is your choice. I will WORK and earn my money and buy the things I need and want. My initial payment for the passport that I bought was it. I will pay no more for anything else in this game. I do not have a magic card in my back pocket for skins or anything else of the sort. Being able to purchase such things (in my opinion) is just plain cheating and nothing more than a way for others to make more money off of the game. 

If others stop playing because of greed then so be it. Your choice to make the game anyway you want to. I personally would not do so. Keep it real fellas. That's what has attracted so many folks to begin with. *Steps off my soapbox*

Yeah and it's the devs choice to add micro-transactions, what's your point? It doesn't seem like being able to buy apartments and vehicles is going to make a huge impact

14 hours ago, Merrkul said:

Yeah and they also make MORE money with micro transaction, that is why MORE people buy those too. Buying a vehicle and small apartment isn't a big fucking deal. How is being able to buy a vehicle or apartment degrading the gameplay?? You see a fancy vehicle and your like "FUCK this is ruining my immersion! Boohoo someone bought a rusty car!"

Yeah and they also make MORE money with micro transaction, that is why MORE people buy those too. Buying a vehicle and small apartment isn't a big fucking deal. How is being able to buy a vehicle or apartment degrading the gameplay?? You see a fancy vehicle and your like "FUCK this is ruining my immersion! Boohoo someone bought a rusty car!"

Nothing in life that is worth anything is easy to get.  That is what makes it WORTH having.  Maybe the game play for some is actually working to get things in game and when you can just throw cash at it, it DE-VALUES the assets.  Everyone will enjoy different aspects of the game but that is what drew me to the game personally.  Working the jobs will be fun to a degree but when you see someone whiz past you wearing that outfit that you have been saving for on day one, it defeats working for anything. 

I actually laughed out loud at this.  I am 39 years old with 4 kids, I know money doesn't last forever.  That is why I said charge more for the game up front instead of microtransactions.  Develop other ways to get money along the way.  Monthly subs where you get access to an exclusive resort / behind the scenes artwork or something...

Edited by Merrkul
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Merrkul said:

Nothing in life that is worth anything is easy to get.  That is what makes it WORTH having.  Maybe the game play for some is actually working to get things in game and when you can just throw cash at it, it DE-VALUES the assets.  Everyone will enjoy different aspects of the game but that is what drew me to the game personally.  Working the jobs will be fun to a degree but when you see someone whiz past you wearing that outfit that you have been saving for on day one, it defeats working for anything. 

I actually laughed out loud at this.  I am 39 years old with 4 kids, I know money doesn't last forever.  That is why I said charge more for the game up front instead of microtransactions.  Develop other ways to get money along the way.  Monthly subs where you get access to an exclusive resort / behind the scenes artwork or something...

How do you think all the GTA games work? Nobody buys the games because they already have them, they make almost all of their money off of micro-transactions and shark cards. Also there is going to be DLC, if that's what you mean.

Edited by YouKnowBro
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

While Identity will have microtransactions, they're entirely cosmetic or low-impact. By this I mean items which will not give you a competitive advantage.

We're not selling good vehicles for real money. If you look at those currently for sale, you'll notice they're all toward the low end. The advantage is only for the early game; when you first start playing you'll have an easier time getting around. However, after playing a while you'll move on to bigger and better things which you purchase with game currency. We're extremely careful here in that powerful items will never, ever, be sold for real money.

Apartments will only be sold for some areas of the world, mostly in large cities, using microtransactions. They're also unlimited in availability and mostly social in nature. They can function as storage, which is their only advantage, but that's precisely why they're not located in areas near important resources.

This is something we take VERY seriously and we're being quite careful about how they're implemented. These microtransactions are designed to make your first days more convenient, but in no way will someone who spends more real money ever have a competitive advantage.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 5
  • ver.1.22474487139 1