Kristijan1001

Micro-transactions in RPG will tottally kill it.

Micro-Transactions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want micro-transactions in this game ?

• No.
    • Yes Skins Only.
    • Yes Vehicles,Apartments and Clothes.

Having Micro-Transactions for Clothes,Vehicles and Apartments is going to kill this game. 
The game was kick started by community and now you guys are returning the favor by putting micro-transactions in it. Specially having the micro-transactions for Vehicles and Apartments it's really bad idea. It would have been fine to have skins for some stuff. But having them for vehicles and apartments is kinda a huge deal and breaks the whole concept. No matter if you guys think that its only cosmetic , Apartments and Vehicles shouldn't be part of Micro-Transactions.

Micro-Transactions have killed alot of games, don't let this be an other one. Let the people play the game and earn stuff them selfs, having to pay for stuff like this makes me think of GTA and its current state. So Bob on day 1 can have the best clothes,cars and best apartment . While the rest have to grind their butts off for it. That's a huge unfair advantage. The game at moment it's not out and doesn't have the general public to give feedback on it, no one has even played it, and we don't know much about it. But when it comes out and goes Popular, which i bet it will cause Twitch Channels will consume this game like Candy, there will be big back-lash on the whole Micro-Transactions deal, and if it doesn't get acknowledged many people will just move on and forget about the game (Star Wars,Evolve).

Just my 2 cents on the micro-transactions.I understand everyone has different opinions i can respect that, and yes it's a way to support the Devs for sure and their hard work. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done right. I bet you if it was as much as only clothes and skins they will still be bought as much.

Source (Misinformation - There will be no vehicles as micro-transactions):

https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectHealthyTurnipTBCheesePull

EDIT: There will be no Vehicles as micro-transactions.

Edited by Kristijan1001
There will be no Vehicles as micro-transactions.
  • Like 5

Hey, There is no advantage to getting an apartment truly to it but getting a vehicle however gives a slight advantage and well yes it is annoying and yes you can get all of the micro-transaction items in game too. There will just be an option to pay real money for those things, but it is still available to everyone else. Apartments are not a huge deal as there is unlimited of them and well, they will be expensive I am sure to even get an apartment. The clothing won't be expensive in the game to buy and so you won't have to "grind" while cars give the slight advantage but can be purchased in the in game store as well as in game and so yeah people will get cars first but they won't be high end ones. Apartments will be basic apartments also. Houses are not purchasable in the in-game store however as they are unique and limited in the world. Only 1 person can own the same house in the same server and so they are the ones which are going to be something to get your hands on!

The devs also are not doing the traditional crates thing as they don't like it.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

16 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Hey, There is no advantage to getting an apartment truly to it but getting a vehicle however gives a slight advantage and well yes it is annoying and yes you can get all of the micro-transaction items in game too. There will just be an option to pay real money for those things, but it is still available to everyone else. Apartments are not a huge deal as there is unlimited of them and well, they will be expensive I am sure to even get an apartment. The clothing won't be expensive in the game to buy and so you won't have to "grind" while cars give the slight advantage but can be purchased in the in game store as well as in game and so yeah people will get cars first but they won't be high end ones. Apartments will be basic apartments also. Houses are not purchasable in the in-game store however as they are unique and limited in the world. Only 1 person can own the same house in the same server and so they are the ones which are going to be something to get your hands on!

The devs also are not doing the traditional crates thing as they don't like it.

Clothes are fine and they can stay, but still won't agree upon having vehicles and apartments as micro-transactions even if they are earn-able in-game. Since you mention the houses ,and apartments not being a big deal and easy to get while houses are not. I guess that's fine to some extent. But the vehicle part still can't be justified the player should look forward to getting his first car by earning it in-game and not buying it with real money.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kristijan1001 said:

Clothes are fine and they can stay, but still won't agree upon having vehicles and apartments as micro-transactions even if they are earn-able in-game. Since you mention the houses ,and apartments not being a big deal and easy to get while houses are not. I guess that's fine to some extent. But the vehicle part still can't be justified the player should look forward to getting his first car by earning it in-game and not buying it with real money.

Yes indeed, I do agree to some what. Houses are not micro a transaction but apartments are. You don't necessarily need an apartment and is better to just save up for the house etc. Apartments and cars are already in packages right now and well some vehicles/ apartments will be separated from a bundle into single items but will be considerably high in price. You won't get the best vehicles or such and yes it is a way to support the devs in the long run. Also I would totally be for no cars etc. in the micro transactions but it is needed to help the devs in the long run and so I am fine with that. I am still on the side, that I would rather not see it but if it is needed for the devs to keep supporting the game on wards and afterwards then I am alright on that part.

I hate it when it is in the game just because the company wants more and more profit like GTA is just overboard and ruined the game.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes indeed, I do agree to some what. Houses are not micro a transaction but apartments are. You don't necessarily need an apartment and is better to just save up for the house etc. Apartments and cars are already in packages right now and well some vehicles/ apartments will be separated from a bundle into single items but will be considerably high in price. You won't get the best vehicles or such and yes it is a way to support the devs in the long run. Also I would totally be for no cars etc. in the micro transactions but it is needed to help the devs in the long run and so I am fine with that. I am still on the side, that I would rather not see it but if it is needed for the devs to keep supporting the game on wards and afterwards then I am alright on that part.

I hate it when it is in the game just because the company wants more and more profit like GTA is just overboard and ruined the game.

I don't see a reason why the DEVs wouldn't profit from micro-transactions without the vehicles part. At least that's how i see it. I just wish vehicles weren't part of it. But i guess we will see how all turns out on release.

Edited by Kristijan1001

7 minutes ago, Kristijan1001 said:

I don't see a reason why the DEVs wouldn't profit from micro-transactions without the vehicles part. At least that's how i see it. I just wish vehicles weren't part of it. But i guess we will see how all turns out on release.

Yeah, we have to wait and see. While the micro-transactions are more to help fund the project still after full release and for years to come. 

@LuckyDuck isn't the advantage to the a vehicle more depend on the type?  Like the dirt bike and the motorcycle compared to the cars.  Since last I heard bikes do not have extra carry capacity like other vehicles.(Unless that has been changed.). 

The only slight advantage I could give the bikes is being able to get to your destination faster. Though depending on how the game is structured that may not be a advantage at all. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I remembered the devs saying there will be no microtransactions in the game except for cosmetic purposes only which give no advantages to the player other than for decor. The apartments and vehicles are just a pre-order bonus so to speak which encourages people to donate to the game and help fund the development process. When the game is released you won't be able to buy anything in the game with real currency such as housing, clothes, transportation, etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I remembered the devs saying there will be no microtransactions in the game except for cosmetic purposes only which give no advantages to the player other than for decor. The apartments and vehicles are just a pre-order bonus so to speak which encourages people to donate to the game and help fund the development process. When the game is released you won't be able to buy anything in the game with real currency such as housing, clothes, transportation, etc.

Here the dev says there will be micro-transactions for apartments,vehicles and clothes(cosmetics).

https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectHealthyTurnipTBCheesePull

Edited by Kristijan1001
  • Like 1

Microtransactions suck. Not just because it gives you an advantage.

The whole point of this game is for me to make money and build up to a better "lifestyle", this includes apartments, cars and clothing. If I do all this grinding to work my way up these things it just sucks if you're able to buy it all with real money instantly. 

Then there won't be any point putting time and effort in this game. This could really break the game and make it fail. 

@Motown @Paratus @HairyGrenade

Edited by GoldenPancake
  • Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I couldn't agree more. Being able to purchase things instead of earning them just takes away from every aspect of the game and what it should be about. Heck just sit on your butt and buy it all. Why even play?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, GoldenPancake said:

The whole point of this game is for me to make money and build up to a better "lifestyle", this includes apartments, cars and clothing. If I do all this grinding to work my way up these things it just sucks if you're able to buy it all with real money instantly. 

Then there won't be any point putting time and effort in this game. This could really break the game and make it fail. 

The micro transactions right now are meant to be purely cosmetic and only a select few apartments, they aren't meant to give you any advantage, apartments are mainly for storage and customizing the interior, so we feel it's not really a big deal. We dislike micro transactions just like the rest of you.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

3 hours ago, Xzothi said:

@LuckyDuck isn't the advantage to the a vehicle more depend on the type?  Like the dirt bike and the motorcycle compared to the cars.  Since last I heard bikes do not have extra carry capacity like other vehicles.(Unless that has been changed.). 

The only slight advantage I could give the bikes is being able to get to your destination faster. Though depending on how the game is structured that may not be a advantage at all. 

Yes indeed storage is the advantage on cars over motorcycles. The things you get won't be so great e.g. super cars, the vehicles will be the basic ones.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GoldenPancake said:

Exactly. Couldn't agree more on this.

47 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

The micro transactions right now are meant to be purely cosmetic and only a select few apartments, they aren't meant to give you any advantage, apartments are mainly for storage and customizing the interior, so we feel it's not really a big deal. We dislike micro transactions just like the rest of you.

What about the vehicles ? I don't see them being cosmetic. Only thing that me personally would see as cosmetic would be skins. If the apartment gives more than what a "cosmetic" does it shouldn't be counted as one. Might not be big deal for you guys, but it will be for some of the players when they see in the shop that you can buy "apartments and vehicles" with real money. Believe me i want this game to succeed as much or i wouldn't be here posting this, have been following this project since day one. Recently just figured out about the micro-transactions and it really bummed me out specially because you can buy vehicles and apartments with real money. Like @GoldenPancake said above me,  micro-transactions in this kind of game will definitely break the point of the game where the main focus is "lifestyle".

1 hour ago, GoldenPancake said:

The whole point of this game is for me to make money and build up to a better "lifestyle", this includes apartments, cars and clothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HairyGrenade said:

I think everyone is trying to say is we are ok with the shop page we are helping make the game but when game fully done they should never offer cars/apartments again for real money....they will get lots money from steam sales 40/45 per game sold and they could sell small stuff like clothing for real money too 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes indeed storage is the advantage on cars over motorcycles. The things you get won't be so great e.g. super cars, the vehicles will be the basic ones.

Thanks for that info. I still though wish motorcycles had just a little bit of storage. So they could have a saddle bags on the bike. That is just me though. 

If we do have backpacks in game I will not mind no storage in bikes.(As long as you can wear your backpack on a bike.)

Oh an if it is the plan to relay on micro-transactions to keep the game going I hope they make sure they enough stuff to sell.  I say that because I have seen games close down just because to me it didn't seem there was enough there to buy. (I have seen this happen before. Population is high but the spending is low. An so are the amount of stuff one can buy.)

I will say this whatever is done with micro-transactions please, please, please, never put in lootboxes. (I know this has been said before they will not but I still wanted to mention this again.)

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Oh an if it is the plan to relay on micro-transactions to keep the game going I hope they make sure they enough stuff to sell.  I say that because I have seen games close down just because to me it didn't seem there was enough there to buy. (I have seen this happen before. Population is high but the spending is low. An so are the amount of stuff one can buy.)

They won't entirely rely on them but it will be something which helps.

8 hours ago, Xzothi said:

I will say this whatever is done with micro-transactions please, please, please, never put in lootboxes. (I know this has been said before they will not but I still wanted to mention this again.)

The devs don't like them and well it won't be something they will add.

It is the way life and gaming has become.  No one wants to work or earn things and so the devs cater to this.  The cosmetic items are exactly what we work for!  To show your friends, hey looked what I earned!  It adds value to items other than $$$.  I understand that you guys are trying to fund development past release etc... I just wish there was some other way.  Completely ruins the point for not only this game but gaming in general. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrkul said:

It is the way life and gaming has become.  No one wants to work or earn things and so the devs cater to this.  The cosmetic items are exactly what we work for!  To show your friends, hey looked what I earned!  It adds value to items other than $$$.  I understand that you guys are trying to fund development past release etc... I just wish there was some other way.  Completely ruins the point for not only this game but gaming in general. 

you'll have a

Sense of Pride and Accomplishment

-EA

(you'll probably not get op when paying real money in identity)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

It's not just about giving an advantage it is also about paying money for a shortcut on the game. The whole point of this game is buying better items, cosmetic and non-cosmetic.

So for example you can show off your expensive apartment to show that you really put a lot of time in the game. Not that you just pulled your real life wallet.

This can really put off a lot off people, and the devs have to be careful about this. SWBF also never really recovered from the scandal.

• Like 1

The "point" of this game is meant to be Roleplay that includes upgrades. microtransactions help improve the game and pay the developers which is why many games have them nowadays.

23 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Speaking of motorcycles, will I be able to purchase or maybe it even comes with some saddle bags for some storage? Obviously not as much as a trunk but it can carry some items. Groceries, clothes, gun. That sort of thing.

54 minutes ago, Kardlef said:

Speaking of motorcycles, will I be able to purchase or maybe it even comes with some saddle bags for some storage? Obviously not as much as a trunk but it can carry some items. Groceries, clothes, gun. That sort of thing.

Motorcycles will either have little or no storage space at all. I am more certain that there is no storage but it will likely be in one of the VOD's in the twitch clip directory.

1 hour ago, HairyGrenade said:

The "point" of this game is meant to be Roleplay that includes upgrades. microtransactions help improve the game and pay the developers which is why many games have them nowadays.

“ which is why many games have them nowadays.”

Would have to completely disagree on that. 90% of the Games companies (it’s actually not the devs) but shitty companies like EA, Ubisoft that put micro-transactions on for one purpose to make more money, not to improve the game.So we are not seeing micro-transactions now days in many games because it supports to update the game at later date but just to make more and more money. There are games out there that make millions of dollars yet they still have them. And on top of that you have season passes and about 4 versions of games going up to 130$. Its all just a way to milk of money from people. I said 90% because there are still some indie studios and companies that actually put those money towards development. And yes development is expensive, and sure put micro transactions in it for support but not in a way that ruins the progression of the game.

Look at Witcher from indie studio had no micro transactions, had content for 200+ hours and they still provided free content after release.

There are tons of examples, list may go forever of games that have micro-transactions but had no free content updates at all after release.

Edited by Kristijan1001
  • Like 2

Well said! I would rather pay a full AAA price tag up front instead of watching these microtransactions unfold. Ok, the point is roleplaying but we roleplay to earn money. To buy stuff. Magically making money appear isnt roleplaying. 

• Like 1