FermianS

Prison Life

It would be super cool if you got into jail for example. 2 weeks IRL time, in identity and you made the prison realistic so it would be realistic and it would make people more grateful for their lives so people do not just think, "f*ck it, i will kill him and if i will get caught then im out of jail about 45 minutes"

• Like 1

If you do get caught though it's not gonna make you wanna come back to the game for a while this would reduce a lot of active players which is exactly what games like this rely on

Anything beyond 45 minuets is really out of the question. Gunplay is a major part of the game, not something that we want to keep players from doing. Jail is not meant to keep trolling at bay solely. It’s to make players actually think for their actions and take precautions rather than thinking they can just kill a player and get away scot-free. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LightBringer said:

Anything beyond 45 minuets is really out of the question. Gunplay is a major part of the game, not something that we want to keep players from doing. Jail is not meant to keep trolling at bay solely. It’s to make players actually think for their actions and take precautions rather than thinking they can just kill a player and get away scot-free. 

If I am walking down the street with 250 bucks on me and a pistol which costs 200 dollars to buy and I get killed.....The person who killed me will be able to take my cash and my gun. That's 450 bucks that I am ass out of, working a job  making 20 bucks an hour that is 22 1/2 hours of work that I have to do just to regain what I lost. 45 minutes in jail? So gun play being a "major part" of the game as is doing the menial tasks it takes to keep the game running by the average player. I hope the time one receives for their crime, such as murder,  will make it difficult for said player to continue very long just being an all out prick to those who choose to play the game straight up and earn a living. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kardlef said:

If I am walking down the street with 250 bucks on me and a pistol which costs 200 dollars to buy and I get killed.....The person who killed me will be able to take my cash and my gun. That's 450 bucks that I am ass out of, working a job  making 20 bucks an hour that is 22 1/2 hours of work that I have to do just to regain what I lost. 45 minutes in jail? So gun play being a "major part" of the game as is doing the menial tasks it takes to keep the game running by the average player. I hope the time one receives for their crime, such as murder,  will make it difficult for said player to continue very long just being an all out prick to those who choose to play the game straight up and earn a living. 

Couldn't have said it better! I am planning on being on the other side of the law, however it wouldn't even feel like a punishment or feel like I'm taking a risk if all I'm going to get locked up for is 45 minutes, It would definatley encourage more people to turn to legal means of making money if prison sentences were longer!

Right. Making 450 bucks (just a number who knows) for a sentence worth 45 minutes of actual play time is nothing. Everyone will be a damn criminal lol. 

Imagine the poor guy going on a date with loads of cash on him or someone going to buy something at a store that costs a mound of money and they get popped. I sure would be upset if the person who did the crime only did 45 minutes in prison compared to what took me hours upon hours to make doing a job.

You don't get paid money by the time that you work. Rather the actions preformed in the line of work. For example: Cops won't get paid much for just wandering around and "keeping the streets safe." They'll get paid for the real things like stopping a bank robbery or catching other criminals. Some goes for mechanics and taxi drivers and so on. Random killings on the street shouldn't be common but that's not to say they'll never happen. It's part of reality and will be part of the game as well. Now, if the same player is constantly killing players you can report them to be banned from the server. But killing is still a large aspect that needs to stay in the game regardless. Smartest thing to do: Store money and carry a gun if you feel like you can use it to defend yourself. But also keep in mind that not all neighborhoods will be dangerous. Some will be and others will be entirely safe. On top of that we are implementing the stress system into the game. Allow me to explain what that is. If you're peacefully shopping, done no crimes or anything, you will have really low stress. Low stress means little damage will come to your character when being attacked. Very low damage. Now, a criminal on the other hand will take full damage because they are choosing to get involved in the more dangerous aspects of the game by choice, knowing there will be risk. The stress system is a large mechanic that will help prevent RDM.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:56 PM, LightBringer said:

You don't get paid money by the time that you work. Rather the actions preformed in the line of work. For example: Cops won't get paid much for just wandering around and "keeping the streets safe." They'll get paid for the real things like stopping a bank robbery or catching other criminals. Some goes for mechanics and taxi drivers and so on. Random killings on the street shouldn't be common but that's not to say they'll never happen. It's part of reality and will be part of the game as well. Now, if the same player is constantly killing players you can report them to be banned from the server. But killing is still a large aspect that needs to stay in the game regardless. Smartest thing to do: Store money and carry a gun if you feel like you can use it to defend yourself. But also keep in mind that not all neighborhoods will be dangerous. Some will be and others will be entirely safe. On top of that we are implementing the stress system into the game. Allow me to explain what that is. If you're peacefully shopping, done no crimes or anything, you will have really low stress. Low stress means little damage will come to your character when being attacked. Very low damage. Now, a criminal on the other hand will take full damage because they are choosing to get involved in the more dangerous aspects of the game by choice, knowing there will be risk. The stress system is a large mechanic that will help prevent RDM.

Wait you're going to get paid as an officer for the things you do? I feel all government jobs should be per hour to prevent a "winning" attitude, which is not roleplay.

I would love to be in prison for an extended amount of time. I would actually maybe make one of my chars get a life sentence if that's possible.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, LightBringer said:

Anything over 45 minutes isn't out of the question and I'd bet on that a major part of the community agrees that Gunplay isn't going to a major part of the game.

7 hours ago, Negan said:

I would love to be in prison for an extended amount of time. I would actually maybe make one of my chars get a life sentence if that's possible.

When your sentence is over e.g. 45mins you get the choice to stay in prison or leave! and so you can have a life inside prison for one of your characters!!!!

Indeed, 45 minutes is max right now but before it changes there needs to be testing!

On 28/01/2018 at 10:40 AM, FermianS said:

It would be super cool if you got into jail for example. 2 weeks IRL time, in identity and you made the prison realistic so it would be realistic and it would make people more grateful for their lives so people do not just think, "f*ck it, i will kill him and if i will get caught then im out of jail about 45 minutes"

C'est vrai sa serait vraiment nice ou même plus que 45 minutes tout dépendant du crime!

It's true it would be really nice or even more than 45 minutes depending on the crime!

On 1/31/2018 at 3:54 AM, LuckyDuck said:

When your sentence is over e.g. 45mins you get the choice to stay in prison or leave! and so you can have a life inside prison for one of your characters!!!!

Indeed, 45 minutes is max right now but before it changes there needs to be testing!

Well that 45 minutes needs to change as per my statement. If you lose $450 bucks worth of stuff, it will take you 22 1/2 hours of working in game to make that money back if you're making 20 bucks an hour. Say each day lasts 30 minutes. Working an 8 hour shift will take you 3 days to make back what was lost/stolen from you. Compared to 1 1/2 days sentence. Just don't seem fair.

2 hours ago, Kardlef said:

Well that 45 minutes needs to change as per my statement. If you lose $450 bucks worth of stuff, it will take you 22 1/2 hours of working in game to make that money back if you're making 20 bucks an hour. Say each day lasts 30 minutes. Working an 8 hour shift will take you 3 days to make back what was lost/stolen from you. Compared to 1 1/2 days sentence. Just don't seem fair.

I think it should stay 45 minutes, or maybe even higher. My reasoning behind this is to make the prison a bit more populated. If it was just 30 minutes there'd be like only two people.

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

I think it should stay 45 minutes, or maybe even higher. My reasoning behind this is to make the prison a bit more populated. If it was just 30 minutes there'd be like only two people.

Also gives a punishment to crime, which will encourage legal RP. Having everyone as a criminal will not be realistic. Plus, there will be plenty to do while in prison!

Edited by Villasenor