willw

How will the witness system work?

1 hour ago, willw said:

If somebody reports a crime to the police, how will they know they were telling the truth?

Well, they won't know unless the guy is wanted for the said crime and when he is caught (if he committed any crime then he will be flagged for arrest) and so if he is able to get arrested then he is guilty for something, however the cop can ask the guy for his details which they put into the laptop in the car to find out what warrants he has on him etc.

Remember if you go prison then you can request a trial in court where you can hire a lawyer to argue for you and a randomised player jury will decide if you are guilty or not and if not then you are free to go but if guilty you will have to go to Prison again and serve the rest of your sentence.

Sorry for the mini-necro. Like LUCKYDUCK said, they won't know unless they're wanted for something. Other than that expect it to be looked into as if the given info is true until proven otherwise.

3 hours ago, ExactAkatsuki said:

Sorry for the mini-necro. Like LUCKYDUCK said, they won't know unless they're wanted for something. Other than that expect it to be looked into as if the given info is true until proven otherwise.

they said when PD investigates the crime it'll give them a general area of where the suspect is at when they take it to the crime lab or something, thats what I heard

48 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

on the one hand it's great players get marked but on the other it's not so great because hey instant detection by police

It is only a general idea of the location the criminal is in if they get DNA tested at the lab (Detective must do it)

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

It is only a general idea of the location the criminal is in if they get DNA tested at the lab (Detective must do it)

Ah so I could break the law and if I did it right I could get away with it?

5 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Ah so I could break the law and if I did it right I could get away with it?

Depends on the crime, If you murder someone then you will keep the wanted level until you go prison but other crimes mean that your wanted level will decrease over time I am sure.

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Depends on the crime, If you murder someone then you will keep the wanted level until you go prison but other crimes mean that your wanted level will decrease over time I am sure.

Good way to deal with RDM, even a little

which they say is gonna be regulated by a stress system/mechanic but people obviously will find a way to abuse it, there isn't a way to let that flow naturally and not interfere with the game

29 minutes ago, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

Good way to deal with RDM, even a little

which they say is gonna be regulated by a stress system/mechanic but people obviously will find a way to abuse it, there isn't a way to let that flow naturally and not interfere with the game

There will always be someone to try find a flaw around mechanics in games and so if you find it, then you should report it to the developers immediately to prevent such exploiters having that chance.

In my view people who RDM are just assholes and especially in something like identity, this isn't a game it's a second life simulation and to be honest I'm going to hate it if squeaker kids who play GTA and call of duty come on here, the only people that should be playing this are those who are willing to take role play seriously or to learn to how to role play properly.