Hello there!

First off I would like to clarify that I am unsure if this character will be the same person as my political character, Marie Clare Bouchard (FN), at the moment I plan to have them as the same character.

WHAT AM I HERE TO SAY TO YOU ALL?

————————————————————————

I want to invest in YOUR BUSINESS!

How am I going to do this?

Simple, a television programme.

Streamed on Twitch when the first module launches (or when the main game has launched).

So you might be wondering, what television programme do I have in mind?

The Identity Apprentice

14 businesss people will be picked from a list of applicants for the show.

14 will be slowly wittled down to just 1 candidate and that candidate will BE MY BUSINESS PARTNER with a COLLOSAL investment and the driving force that your business needs!

Requirements:

-You must have a microphone in-game.

-You must be willing to follow our rules and be present at the tasks,

-You must have a business that you either fully own or have a share in (as long as the other shareholders agree to shows requirements)

-Your business doesn’t have to already be running and can be an enterprise without completion as long as it is ready to start from the minute that I invest in it.

If you can follow these rules you could win a MASSIVE investment and will go into a 50(I will own 50%)-50(You alone or with your shareholders will own the other 50%) partnership with me.

if you are interested in joining The Identity Apprentice please link your business thread/post link below and tell me why you should be MY business partner!

Thank you and good luck!

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

As much as I like the idea, what you are offering isn't worth it to us business people. I am sure we could find someone willing to invest for significantly less than 50% of our company. If we have to compete to win, the prize should be a no strings attached cash prize. Otherwise, I would rather find a private investor who would hand me the same amount you are offering for less than 50%. 

• Like 3

Tbh, these investing type things don't really make any sense to have before the game even comes out. As much as I admire your ambition for the game, how do you know it's guaranteed you will ever have enough money to start doing these types of investments? What if you start playing and decide to become a criminal instead of a businessman? Just things to think about :P 

Good idea though, would wait until you actually have the in-game cash to start an investment thread though!

Edit -- Happy Holidays!

Edited by Capped

8 hours ago, Capped said:

Tbh, these investing type things don't really make any sense to have before the game even comes out. As much as I admire your ambition for the game, how do you know it's guaranteed you will ever have enough money to start doing these types of investments? What if you start playing and decide to become a criminal instead of a businessman? Just things to think about :P 

Good idea though, would wait until you actually have the in-game cash to start an investment thread though!

Edit -- Happy Holidays!

Hello there!

I would like to confirm that the way that I will be making money is:

-From a political party that I own (Front National)

-Another business that is under wraps for now but will make a huge profit.

I will not go into the criminal organisation as I am a politician and that is completely against my morals.

Thank you for the support and the reply!

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

14 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

As much as I like the idea, what you are offering isn't worth it to us business people. I am sure we could find someone willing to invest for significantly less than 50% of our company. If we have to compete to win, the prize should be a no strings attached cash prize. Otherwise, I would rather find a private investor who would hand me the same amount you are offering for less than 50%. 

The figure that I am offering is quite large, something that very few business' will pass up.

Larger business' can ask for a lower percent if they win however the will not receive the full amount, maybe slightly less.

This programme is mainly targeted at smaller business' that have the ability to scale up and be worth millions after I invest in the company!

Thanks for your interest!

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

I would like to announce that EVERY candidate on the show will be payed a lump sum of money for participating on the show, even if you fail to win.

ALL candidates will receive the same amount of money regardless of their final position.

So if you were the runner up or the first person to be fired you will receive a sum of cash.

The money's pricing has not been finalised as we do not know enough about income and money within Identity.

I estimate the amount that ALL candidates who didn't win, will receive around $10,000 each.

I hope that this will interest more small businesses to take participate in the programme.

Also,

We are looking for advisers on the show,

The advisers will simply follow the candidates around on their tasks and tell me who to fire and when we reach the final 5 candidates, to give them the TOUGHEST interviews of their lives!

If you are interested in either of the two announcements then please do not hesitate to contact me!

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

On 24/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, FrancePourLaVie said:

I would like to announce that EVERY candidate on the show will be payed a lump sum of money for participating on the show, even if you fail to win.

ALL candidates will receive the same amount of money regardless of their final position.

So if you were the runner up or the first person to be fired you will receive a sum of cash.

The money's pricing has not been finalised as we do not know enough about income and money within Identity.

I estimate the amount that ALL candidates who didn't win, will receive around $10,000 each.

I hope that this will interest more small businesses to take participate in the programme.

Also,

We are looking for advisers on the show,

The advisers will simply follow the candidates around on their tasks and tell me who to fire and when we reach the final 5 candidates, to give them the TOUGHEST interviews of their lives!

If you are interested in either of the two announcements then please do not hesitate to contact me!

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

So why would I not join the programme, lose on purpose and walk away with 100% of my company and a free $10,000. I agree with @Capped in that I like the idea and appreciate the ambition, but I don't think your plan adds up. I do not believe this is worth it. Very few would willingly give up 50% of their business for any amount, let alone have to work for it. It is kind of like winning the olympics and then as a reward being given the opportunity to purchase a golden medal, when everyone gets a silver one whether they win or not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

So why would I not join the programme, lose on purpose and walk away with 100% of my company and a free $10,000. I agree with @Capped in that I like the idea and appreciate the ambition, but I don't think your plan adds up. I do not believe this is worth it. Very few would willingly give up 50% of their business for any amount, let alone have to work for it. It is kind of like winning the olympics and then as a reward being given the opportunity to purchase a golden medal, when everyone gets a silver one whether they win or not.

Joel,

Thank you for voicing your opinions on the show, they will help us create a much better show for its viewers!

As I have previously stated, this competition is targeted at smaller businesses that have the ability to scale up.

Smaller businesses are much more likely to willingly give up 50% Of their business (which more than likely they would buy back later on after the company has scaled up) to me.

I can make your business a success, however I will only pick the business that I believe can succeed!

With a current estimated (please do not use these as official numbers) value of 50% at €250,000!

Any small business would regard that figure as a very generous deal!

Thank you,

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

1 hour ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

Joel,

Thank you for voicing your opinions on the show, they will help us create a much better show for its viewers!

As I have previously stated, this competition is targeted at smaller businesses that have the ability to scale up.

Smaller businesses are much more likely to willingly give up 50% Of their business (which more than likely they would buy back later on after the company has scaled up) to me.

I can make your business a success, however I will only pick the business that I believe can succeed!

With a current estimated (please do not use these as official numbers) value of 50% at €250,000!

Any small business would regard that figure as a very generous deal!

Thank you,

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

Clearly you have your views, but I have qualifications in business and I can tell you that every single person would rather the free $10,000 than a $500,000 valuation. Even if you have the valuation correct, most people will not be comfortable with giving up 50% of their business because they immediately lose a significant amount of scalability and potential. As a matter of fact, small businesses will be more reluctant to give up 50% of their business because they are more than likely going to grow in the future. Imagine someone buys a business and pays $100 for 100 shares as the sole shareholder. You could offer them $500 for 50 shares (decuple their original valuation), but they still will not take it because they know that more than likely within a year their business will be worth more than the proposed $1000 valuation. 

The same thing applies. Let me paint an example. A small retail business turns over just over $100,000 in annual turnover in their 4th week of trading in Identity. Of that, they have profited $30,000 (the average profit for a retail business is 30%). They hear about your programme and decide to take a shot at winning the grand prize of $250,000. The $250,000 that you propose will be an investment of 2.5x their annual turnover, but they also have to give up 50% of their business to you. Assuming they use your $250,000 to invest the same in the next 4 weeks, by the same calculations we can work out that from the original $250,000 spent, they will turnover approximately $325,000. Of that turnover, the profits will be $97,500. The small business in question has increased their profits 3 fold, but they have had to give up 50% of their business for it. Why would they give up 50% when in reality, the chances are it won't take long to increase your profits 3 fold anyway. I don't think you really understand how business works, but that isn't such a great deal for any business. It's why Alan Sugar doesn't take part of the companies that compete for an investment. The small business would be more inclined to take the $10,000 participation money, which is 10% of their entire annual income, and walk away with 100% of their business. 

I think you have the attitude that the small business should be privileged to be having your investment, when the reality is you have no expertise, no experience, nothing to show for all of your claims and the big point I should make is that this is an equally valuable deal for both parties. You can't make people work for an investment only to take 50% of their company when they win. Especially small businesses who are going to want to keep as much equity as possible in order to leave doors open for future investments. If the small business really did want to give up 50% of their company, they will find a real investor and make a pitch. Why would they go on a show to try and win an investment when literally anyone with the money would do this deal. As I said, you are making people win the olympics for an opportunity to buy the gold medal. If you have to work for a prize, you should get the prize. You shouldn't have to work for it, then pay for it. Why not host this show, and take no equity in the companies, like the real life show does. This way, people will actually be inclined to want to come on your show. Again, it is a good idea in theory, but the way you have proposed this is pretty horrible and it needs work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Clearly you have your views, but I have qualifications in business and I can tell you that every single person would rather the free $10,000 than a $500,000 valuation. Even if you have the valuation correct, most people will not be comfortable with giving up 50% of their business because they immediately lose a significant amount of scalability and potential. As a matter of fact, small businesses will be more reluctant to give up 50% of their business because they are more than likely going to grow in the future. Imagine someone buys a business and pays $100 for 100 shares as the sole shareholder. You could offer them $500 for 50 shares (decuple their original valuation), but they still will not take it because they know that more than likely within a year their business will be worth more than the proposed $1000 valuation. 

The same thing applies. Let me paint an example. A small retail business turns over just over $100,000 in annual turnover in their 4th week of trading in Identity. Of that, they have profited $30,000 (the average profit for a retail business is 30%). They hear about your programme and decide to take a shot at winning the grand prize of $250,000. The $250,000 that you propose will be an investment of 2.5x their annual turnover, but they also have to give up 50% of their business to you. Assuming they use your $250,000 to invest the same in the next 4 weeks, by the same calculations we can work out that from the original $250,000 spent, they will turnover approximately $325,000. Of that turnover, the profits will be $97,500. The small business in question has increased their profits 3 fold, but they have had to give up 50% of their business for it. Why would they give up 50% when in reality, the chances are it won't take long to increase your profits 3 fold anyway. I don't think you really understand how business works, but that isn't such a great deal for any business. It's why Alan Sugar doesn't take part of the companies that compete for an investment. The small business would be more inclined to take the $10,000 participation money, which is 10% of their entire annual income, and walk away with 100% of their business. 

I think you have the attitude that the small business should be privileged to be having your investment, when the reality is you have no expertise, no experience, nothing to show for all of your claims and the big point I should make is that this is an equally valuable deal for both parties. You can't make people work for an investment only to take 50% of their company when they win. Especially small businesses who are going to want to keep as much equity as possible in order to leave doors open for future investments. If the small business really did want to give up 50% of their company, they will find a real investor and make a pitch. Why would they go on a show to try and win an investment when literally anyone with the money would do this deal. As I said, you are making people win the olympics for an opportunity to buy the gold medal. If you have to work for a prize, you should get the prize. You shouldn't have to work for it, then pay for it. Why not host this show, and take no equity in the companies, like the real life show does. This way, people will actually be inclined to want to come on your show. Again, it is a good idea in theory, but the way you have proposed this is pretty horrible and it needs work.

First off, I have real life business experience so I think that we're going to end that point right there.

This works in real life therefore it will work in game.

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

5 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

First off, I have real life business experience so I think that we're going to end that point right there.

-Marie Clare Bouchard.

I am sorry but you clearly do not. This never has or will work in real life, it will not work on Identity. You seem to get offly defensive when being challenged, why not attack my points. You have very little business experience at most based off of this idea. Prove me wrong. Do what I did. Take my points and argue against them with facts, not opinions. Do that or do not insult my intelligence by coming back at my well-written response with a two lined reply with no facts.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:10 PM, FrancePourLaVie said:

wq0AlHI.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

wq0AlHI.gif

OH WOW STEVEN SPEILBERG!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the advice, I know that you know A LOT about the TV industry.

9 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

OH WOW STEVEN SPEILBERG!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for the advice, I know that you know A LOT about the TV industry.

Don't think she was complimenting you...