ItsRaiden

WARNINGS ROLE PLAYERS MUST READ

Hello RPErs,

I wanted to bring to light a common issue that people may come across regardless of age while playing role playing games or even video games in general. This issue can impact everyone of us and can have negative effects to our real life. Such effects can range to losing priorities in real life, doing bad in school, performing bad at work, stress, loss interest in socializing with family and or friends in real life, physiological and mental negatives effects. These listed are only but a few negatives effects listed that can occur while we play videos games and or role play for long extensive periods with out breaks.

As we embark into role playing and role playing MMOS and video gaming in general we have to understand some negatives affects that these can have on your priorities if you do not manage your time properly. Let me explain:

As we "role play" and pretend to be a different person on such platforms that are huge in role playing we often can lose track of who we are in real life. Dont worry i am here to help you understand good practices to keep you focused in real life while having fun in a role playing setting.  The following tips can help you keep your real life priorities and goals in order and allow you to have fun resting assure your mom wont yell at you cause you are failing school, or you boss at work is getting ready to fire you or your loved ones aren't getting to see you or issues managing time for your girlfriend or boyfriend.

Lets Begin:

TIME MANAGEMENT
Time management is key for those  that are in school and or have a family to look after or even have a job that is time consuming. You must know when to play video games and when you need to stop to get some rest, cook dinner, do laundry etc. These daily life tasks and procedures are whats called your priorities.

Remember when your mom told you to clean your room before you played outside or even hopped on your favorite video game? Well, that still applies when you become an adult or even if you are not one yet what your parents are saying is true. You must make sure you have completed your priorities before spending a long period of time on your favorite video game. Time management will allow for you to set schedules on when important priorities need to be completed, you can do the critical important tasks before you start gaming then complete some lesser important tasks after you're finishing your gaming session. Whats  important is to remember you are the one to set a schedule and maximize efficiency of your time spent. The goal is to knock out your important tasks for that day before gaming, then finish up tasks that aren't time sensitive after you're done gaming. Have good time management and  you'll be on your way to a pound for pound champion!!! Go get em tiger.

PRIORITIES
Ah, yes priorities. Those tasks you have to do because if you don't you could lose your job, not make rent, lose your girlfriend or even be late on appointments or even just become depressed when you lose track of priorities. Make sure before you have begun planning a good schedule for time management that you are fulfilling your priorities and these could be from a number of things that you have to complete in real life. Only you know what these are or if you are a minor and living with momma and pappa, ask them what are your priorities and listen to what is expected from you by your parents. Once you have established your priorities then you can begin ranking them from most important (must complete) to less important (can complete at will).

HEALTH
This one is a short one but make sure you are getting adequate sleep .... (4 hours a day is not adequate sleep who you kidding?) make sure you are keep yourself and your environment hygienic so germs do not effect you and get you seek. Make sure you are showering at least once a day (id recommend 2 times a day one in the morning and one at night). Make sure you are playing in a lit room so your eyes dont get damaged (some have more sensitive eyes and over time playing in a dark room can negatively impact your eyes, others however might not be affected, consult your eye doctor. I am no doctor so please make sure you are always consult your doctor about healthy choices not the internet. )

Make sure you are getting from your desk and or area of gaming and stretch those muscles take a little walk, drinks some water. Also, please refrain from eating unhealthy snacks and or sugary drinks as these can cause health problems. A good habit i like to do is eat some carrots and or celery when i game. Or even have some fruits.(fruit juice choose is not recommended as these typically are high in sugar). Make sure you look away from your screen at a distant object to not stra in your eyes. If you feel lightheaded from gaming to long and or feel dizzy stop playing immediately and consult your physician.

Lastly stay hydrated! WATER WATER WATER. one good thing about water while gaming its good for your body and while you drink lots of water it forces you to get up with frequent visits to the urinal. Hence making you active and keep your blood flowing.

REAL LIFE YOU vs ONLINE ROLE PLAYING YOU
Remember at the end of the day no matter if you are a criminal, serial killer, queen, king and or doctor or whatever you imagination takes you at the end of the day those are just fantasies. There is a real you in REAL LIFE that no one can replace. Be sure to remember no matter how good it feels to role play or negative it can get. remember that your virtual life is not a real life representation of who you are so don't be afraid to take risks in role playing, besides it about fantasy and make believe. always remember the real you from the online criminal you! (or whatever you like)

CONCLUSION!

In no way is there negative effects of playing video games responsibly! (What i mean by this is if you don't spend all day gaming and don't neglect your life goals and or sleep need then you'll be fine).
To some degree however there COULD be negative affects from compulsive gaming as i have listed some negative effects in the post. Which i am only scratching the surface as there are more complex problems that go beyond the scope of this post (EX. video game addiction). What i outline in this post is touching bases on video gaming responsibly. The last part about Real life you vs virtual life you is only encouraging you to not take video games serious so you don't get angry at people if they troll you or dont rage because certain things in the game aren't going your way and don't lose who you really are in real life(which i am saying if there is cyber bullying happening remember they don't know who you really are in real life. You are awesome and you should ignore video game bullying. Which video games now days allows us to block people mute people and even report people).

Whether it be performance in school or hygiene problems (ex. like  playing all night then realizing you have to work in 30 minutes and don't have time to shower. or showering only to find yourself late to work BECAUSE YOU GAMED ALL NIGHT and decided to take a last minute shower.).It is clear that their COULD be some negative implications if we do not set proper time management. Thats all this post is saying. Im not saying video games is bad for you.Im not saying don't play video games i am merely suggesting that because there COULD be some negative effects to compulsive gaming.

Video game addiction exists and it is very real. The adult thing is to understand what you need to do to perform great in your personal life without video games impacting you in a negative way. trust me when i tell you i have failed an exam because i was gaming all night even though i studied or i have went in to work late because i am grinding out the last level and i have to work in 30 minutes. Its not that i don't care, it was my error of not managing my time well. That is all this post is saying.

here are some sources that inspired this post from credible outlets that you could find interesting.

http://www.addictionrecov.org/Addictions/?AID=45

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Video-Gaming-Can-Lead-to-Mental-Health-Problems.aspx

This link below is an actual academic paper so if you cant understand what its saying then its ok, i had to read it over and over to understand what this paper was saying.
https://public.psych.iastate.edu/caa/abstracts/2015-2019/15GA2.pdf

trust me you cant understand it if you just read a little it actually takes focus to understand this paper. It highlights some interesting points.

Finally i wanna close with the following.

No one is saying videos games is bad for you and you shouldn't play it. All i am saying is if you game to much you COULD see some negative affects in your personal life if you are not managing your time well. You cant game 20 hours a day and sleep for 4 hours and expect to have time to hold a job/ shower/ and actually live a healthy life. its just not possible and i wouldnt recommended someone playing that much or even close to that. (Even though we all have had our fair share of all nightes.)
This post is just a simple reminder to set your priorities straight as when great games come out we all know how much we wanna no life game them.

Thank you if  you actually took the time to read this long post.

Edited by ItsRaiden
  • Like 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 4
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Dude. I highly doubt people will be ending up with these problems. Absolutely amazing your bringing awareness to it and that you wanna help. But I don’t think it was necessary. And I ain’t hating, I do think it’s good and nice, but 10-11 paragraphs aren’t necessary

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

@ItsRaidenFair enough, I ain't gonna argue because that'd be stupid and tbf it is a good thing your doing, but its really uncommon to me because i rarely get these and I've played since 2010/11 and I play everyday whenever I can and I rarely get it. But if there is other people in this community who does then fair enough, have a good day.

I understand people want to get away from real life for a while so it can be easy to get immersed in RP games like these.

Normally i'm like "what is sleep?' lol who needs friends and sleep and a job when you got a computer and Identity am i right xD

• ver.1.22474487139 1

All I can say is, I respect the time and energy put into this post. Thank you for your concern on myself and other people.

• Like 2

Fair warning, RP will not be forced/necessary in official servers.  This means until full release (in possibly over year+), no one will be expected to role play or have to.  Most people will of course, for fun, but don't expect everyone to.  Community servers which will be out on full release can set their own rules, such as forced RP with NLR rule, RDM rules and such.

• Like 1

You assume they have real lives to begin with... I mean come on... If we had lives to begin with we wouldn't be wasting our time playing video games.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 12/7/2017 at 1:02 AM, ItsRaiden said:

Make sure you are showering at least once a day (id recommend 2 times a day one in the morning and one at night).

Don't know about your sources.

But I don't recommend showering twice daily.
There is such a thing as over showering, and it could actually weaken your immune system.

Sources:
http://time.com/4259559/shower-soap-hygiene/
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/healthy-living/how-often-should-you-be-showering-a6819486.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/showering-how-often-2017-11?r=US&IR=T&IR=T
Pretty much just Google "how often should you shower".

Totally unrelated. But still related to bacteria. And I think it's a pretty cool video. :P 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

12 hours ago, Norway174 said:

Don't know about your sources.

But I don't recommend showering twice daily.
There is such a thing as over showering, and it could actually weaken your immune system.

Sources:
http://time.com/4259559/shower-soap-hygiene/
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/healthy-living/how-often-should-you-be-showering-a6819486.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/showering-how-often-2017-11?r=US&IR=T&IR=T
Pretty much just Google "how often should you shower".

Totally unrelated. But still related to bacteria. And I think it's a pretty cool video. :P 

No where in this video did it recommend a number of showers one should take. So i stand by the 2 showers a day rule as its typically normal. nonetheless, the video was educational. However, this video is not a good argument as to a reason of why someone should take 1 shower a day. This video isn't intended to tell you how many showers you need, it only educating you on microorganisms. Also unless you read an actual scientific publication, id recommend taking everything with a grain of salt as what sources you have listed are not scientific publications outlets.

Edited by ItsRaiden

@ItsRaiden Dafuq dude!? I CLEARLY stated the video was unrelated. But still related to bacteria.
The point of the video, is to explain there are both good and bad bacteria. Not all bacteria is bad.

Read the three links I posted, as stated was CLEARLY the source for the shower argument.
I even told you how to find those sources, and many more like it.

Now, why would I link to a video about bacteria when talking about showering?

Because when you shower, and wash yourself with soap. You're not only cleaning yourself from dirt and sweat. But also all the bacteria they contain, and are present on your body.

Leaving you more vulnerable for new and potentially harmful bacteria. Which would obviously do more harm, than good.

Even if you shower only once a day, according to the sources I linked (The articles and NOT the video, since it seems like you might need this clarification.), you might be overdoing it.

Oh, and by the way. Two showers a day is not typical normal. According to some of those articles, again, not the video, is once a day that's the normal.
I don't know where you're from though. So it could be different there. But in the US, it's once a day.

Here's another article,
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/03/07/daily-showering.aspx

This one also touched the bacteria subject a bit more as well. In case my explanation wasn't good enough, or seemed confusing.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

And the award for 'Furthest out of left field post on a game forum EVER' goes to......................

• ver.1.22474487139 6

On 12/6/2017 at 5:02 PM, ItsRaiden said:

Hello RPErs,

I wanted to bring to light a common issue that people may come across regardless of age while playing role playing games or even video games in general. This issue can impact everyone of us and can have negative effects to our real life. Such effects can range to losing priorities in real life, doing bad in school, performing bad at work, stress, loss interest in socializing with family and or friends in real life, physiological and mental negatives effects. These listed are only but a few negatives effects listed that can occur while we play videos games and or role play for long extensive periods with out breaks.

As we embark into role playing and role playing MMOS we have to understand some negatives affects that role playing can have on you and your body. Let me explain:

As we "role play" and pretend to be a different person on such platforms that are huge in role playing we often can lose track of who we are in real life. Dont worry i am here to help you understand good practices to keep you focused in real life while having fun in a role playing setting.  The following tips can help you keep your real life priorities and goals in order and allow you to have fun resting assure your mom wont yell at you cause you are failing school, or you boss at work is getting ready to fire you or your loved ones aren't getting to see you or issues managing time for your girlfriend or boyfriend.

Lets Begin:

TIME MANAGEMENT
Time management is key for those  that are in school and or have a family to look after or even have a job that is time consuming. You must know when to play video games and when you need to stop to get some rest, cook dinner, do laundry etc. These daily life tasks and procedures are whats called your priorities.

Remember when your mom told you to clean your room before you played outside or even hopped on your favorite video game? Well, that still applies when you become an adult or even if you are not one yet what your parents are saying is true. You must make sure you have completed your priorities before spending a long period of time on your favorite video game. Time management will allow for you to set schedules on when important priorities need to be completed, you can do the critical important tasks before you start gaming then complete some lesser important tasks after you're finishing your gaming session. Whats  important is to remember you are the one to set a schedule and maximize efficiency of your time spent. The goal is to knock out your important tasks for that day before gaming, then finish up tasks that aren't time sensitive after you're done gaming. Have good time management and  you'll be on your way to a pound for pound champion!!! Go get em tiger.

PRIORITIES
Ah, yes priorities. Those tasks you have to do because if you don't you could lose your job, not make rent, lose your girlfriend or even be late on appointments or even just become depressed when you lose track of priorities. Make sure before you have begun planning a good schedule for time management that you are fulfilling your priorities and these could be from a number of things that you have to complete in real life. Only you know what these are or if you are a minor and living with momma and pappa, ask them what are your priorities and listen to what is expected from you by your parents. Once you have established your priorities then you can begin ranking them from most important (must complete) to less important (can complete at will).

HEALTH
This one is a short one but make sure you are getting adequate sleep .... (4 hours a day is not adequate sleep who you kidding?) make sure you are keep yourself and your environment hygienic so germs do not effect you and get you seek. Make sure you are showering at least once a day (id recommend 2 times a day one in the morning and one at night). Make sure you are playing in a lit room so your eyes dont get damaged (some have more sensitive eyes and over time playing in a dark room can negatively impact your eyes, others however might not be affected, consult your eye doctor. I am no doctor so please make sure you are always consult your doctor about healthy choices not the internet. )

Make sure you are getting from your desk and or area of gaming and stretch those muscles take a little walk, drinks some water. Also, please refrain from eating unhealthy snacks and or sugary drinks as these can cause health problems. A good habit i like to do is eat some carrots and or celery when i game. Or even have some fruits.(fruit juice choose is not recommended as these typically are high in sugar). Make sure you look away from your screen at a distant object to not stra in your eyes. If you feel lightheaded from gaming to long and or feel dizzy stop playing immediately and consult your physician.

Lastly stay hydrated! WATER WATER WATER. one good thing about water while gaming its good for your body and while you drink lots of water it forces you to get up with frequent visits to the urinal. Hence making you active and keep your blood flowing.

REAL LIFE YOU vs ONLINE ROLE PLAYING YOU
Remember at the end of the day no matter if you are a criminal, serial killer, queen, king and or doctor or whatever you imagination takes you at the end of the day those are just fantasies. There is a real you in REAL LIFE that no one can replace. Be sure to remember no matter how good it feels to role play or negative it can get. remember that your virtual life is not a real life representation of who you are so don't be afraid to take risks in role playing, besides it about fantasy and make believe. always remember the real you from the online criminal you! (or whatever you like)

Feel free to add to this and let us know what your good habits are while gaming long periods of time., Or even say hi. "We ","You", "Us" "The community" are all here to have fun and meet new friends in our most favorite way VIDEO GAMES!

Thank You

I don’t know if I agree with this because we all know that it is just a game. I doubt that it will make us do most of those things that you said. I mean u less your a little slow, you should know the difference between a video game and real life. I haven’t come across one person that thinks they are living in the video game. What you said in my opinion was just not the brightest thing you could have said. If you can link proof of multiple sources of well trusted sources than I would believe you but until then, I think your just full of it rigt now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TOPDOWG said:

I don’t know if I agree with this because we all know that it is just a game. I doubt that it will make us do most of those things that you said. I mean u less your a little slow, you should know the difference between a video game and real life. I haven’t come across one person that thinks they are living in the video game. What you said in my opinion was just not the brightest thing you could have said. If you can link proof of multiple sources of well trusted sources than I would believe you but until then, I think your just full of it rigt now.

Well firstly sleep is a need and his point is fine, it is true that 4 hours is not enough sleep and it can affect you more and more.

6 hours ago, TOPDOWG said:

If you would actually read and be open minded then you would see the conclusion to this post. In no way is there negative effects of playing video games responsibly! (What i mean by this is if you don't spend all day gaming and don't neglect your life goals and or sleep need then you'll be fine).
To some degree however there COULD be negative affects from compulsive gaming as i have listed some negative effects in the post. Which i am only scratching the surface as there are more complex problems that go beyond the scope of this post (EX. video game addiction). What i outline in this post is touching bases on video gaming responsibly. The last part about Real life you vs virtual life you is only encouraging you to not take video games serious so you don't get angry at people if they troll you or dont rage because certain things in the game aren't going your way and don't lose who you really are in real life(which i am saying if there is cyber bullying happening remember they don't know who you really are in real life. You are awesome and you should ignore video game bullying. Which video games now days allows us to block people mute people and even report people).

Whether it be performance in school or hygiene problems (ex. like  playing all night then realizing you have to work in 30 minutes and don't have time to shower. or showering only to find yourself late to work BECAUSE YOU GAMED ALL NIGHT and decided to take a last minute shower.).It is clear that their COULD be some negative implications if we do not set proper time management. Thats all this post is saying. Im not saying video games is bad for you.Im not saying don't play video games i am merely suggesting that because there COULD be some negative effects to compulsive gaming.

Video game addiction exists and it is very real. The adult thing is to understand what you need to do to perform great in your personal life without video games impacting you in a negative way. trust me when i tell you i have failed an exam because i was gaming all night even though i studied or i have went in to work late because i am grinding out the last level and i have to work in 30 minutes. Its not that i don't care, it was my error of not managing my time well. That is all this post is saying.

here are some sources that inspired this post from credible outlets that you could find interesting.

http://www.addictionrecov.org/Addictions/?AID=45

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Video-Gaming-Can-Lead-to-Mental-Health-Problems.aspx

This link below is an actual academic paper so if you cant understand what its saying then its ok, i had to read it over and over to understand what this paper was saying.
https://public.psych.iastate.edu/caa/abstracts/2015-2019/15GA2.pdf

trust me you cant understand it if you just read a little it actually takes focus to understand this paper. It highlights some interesting points.

Finally i wanna close with the following.

No one is saying videos games is bad for you and you shouldn't play it. All i am saying is if you game to much you COULD see some negative affects in your personal life if you are not managing your time well. You cant game 20 hours a day and sleep for 4 hours and expect to have time to hold a job/ shower/ and actually live a healthy life. its just not possible and i wouldnt recommended someone playing that much or even close to that. (Even though we all have had our fair share of all nightes.)
This post is just a simple reminder to set your priorities straight as when great games come out we all know how much we wanna no life game them.

Edited by ItsRaiden

Dude, playing a RP video game is not that serious. No one is going to lose reality in real life, not even the most hardcore nerds, so don't worry.

On 16-12-2017 at 5:21 AM, Quality said:

Dude, playing a RP video game is not that serious. No one is going to lose reality in real life, not even the most hardcore nerds, so don't worry.

eyy bb :) , i think we can say this from excpierince, you can always try to create a hardcore roleplay community but you can get people that take it to far or people that don't give a shit about roleplay

Edited by dimin69
i was not done typing yet

On 12/15/2017 at 11:21 PM, Quality said:

you'd be surprised

On 12/8/2017 at 1:34 AM, Hill said:

All I can say is, I respect the time and energy put into this post. Thank you for your concern on myself and other people.

I second this emotion.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

I clicked onto this thinking it would actually be something worth reading, thanks for the health education doc, but I think we are fine nor do I think its any of your business as to how people choose to live their lives, personally I would rather not sit in front of a computer all day, but if someone does, Its their choice, not my life after all.

I can appreciate that you are trying to care for people and I do respect that, but I really don't see the point of this post, and it clearly took you a long time.

• Like 1

Couldn’t said it better @GreyFox

50 minutes ago, GreyFox said:

I clicked onto this thinking it would actually be something worth reading, thanks for the health education doc, but I think we are fine nor do I think its any of your business as to how people choose to live their lives, personally I would rather not sit in front of a computer all day, but if someone does, Its their choice, not my life after all.

I can appreciate that you are trying to care for people and I do respect that, but I really don't see the point of this post, and it clearly took you a long time.

• Like 1

In my opinion, this is a good idea to post that but people who will be doing what you said won't be affected by what you wrote

Thanks for trying, good initiative 

Edited by OhhZeeq