John-Doe

How are you goind to prevent?

Hello there.

Im thinking how are you going to prevent players from not joining the police force and then just walk about in the middle of the public and kill whatever they see?     Or how are you going to prevent that police not just randomly search every player that they meet or just random raid every property?                                            

How are you going to prevent police from not being abuse assholes?

I've watch every video that you have made but... 

How are you going to prevent that players are not just sitting on top of a building snipping every guy running aroud in a pvp zone?                                                      

How are going to prevent players from mugging everyone everywhere?                                                                                                                                                

How are you going to prevent that players are not just starting a fire in every house/apartment that they dont like?                                                                                

How are you going to prevent players from joning a job to earn easy money with out doing what they are supposed to do?                                                                  

How are you going to prevent Corupt Police officers and politicians?

-John Doe

Edited by John-Doe

I think the developer already planned on putting some restrictions; for responding to your questions:

1- There aren't going to be sniper rifles.

2- There will be ATMs so that people will be able to take only the money you have in your pocket.

3- I don't think that players can start a fire,but it will spawn randomly;also it fire won't destroy a building, it will make it inaccesible for a period of time

4- You'll earn money ONLY if you do your job

5- The only use for corrupting police would be information and not arresting certain people,the politicians will have limitations in making law so you'll need to corrupt a lot of them; also corruption seems like a good roleplay

• Like 2

If you want to join the department you need to make an application and if you get banned from the job they'll ban your ip which means you'll have to buy the game twice and change computer and internet connection to try and troll again

a: no sniper rifles in identity

b: do you get a rocket launcher right after joining the police in reallife? 

c: if someone aims at you get some cover (most kids are runing at gun using players *facepalm*) and call the police. try to get away and yeah. same like in reallife

To the people saying there will not be snipers: 

28a0f4eca482c3e70a0ad3b2e071e253_origina

The guy in the bottom right is holding a sniper.

You don't need a high-powered rifle to be snipers. Hell, back in the American Revolutionary War you could kill someone with a muzzle-loaded CARBINE at 100 feet and be considered a sniper, using a hunting rifle with 2x scope is good enough. (FYI, yes there will be hunting rifles)

To also put some assurance, this is going to be an actual GAME. Meaning that it isn't like Gmod where anyone could more or less do anything they want. Here the devs actually put in game mechanics specifically to limit player abuse of the system and whatnot. These guys (or at least the head honcho from what I remember off the top of my head) made Altis Life, rather popular RP mod for Arma III, so I would think he isn't a wannabe game dev who hasn't experienced what we gamers have playing those games and not know something to what we have gone through. *Cough* Gmod Dark RP *Cough* *Cancer, kill me now *Cough*

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Romulus said:

You don't need a high-powered rifle to be snipers. Hell, back in the American Revolutionary War you could kill someone with a muzzle-loaded CARBINE at 100 feet and be considered a sniper, using a hunting rifle with 2x scope is good enough. (FYI, yes there will be hunting rifles)

To also put some assurance, this is going to be an actual GAME. Meaning that it isn't like Gmod where anyone could more or less do anything they want. Here the devs actually put in game mechanics specifically to limit player abuse of the system and whatnot. These guys (or at least the head honcho from what I remember off the top of my head) made Altis Life, rather popular RP mod for Arma III, so I would think he isn't a wannabe game dev who hasn't experienced what we gamers have playing those games and not know something to what we have gone through. *Cough* Gmod Dark RP *Cough* *Cancer, kill me now *Cough*

Yeah, dark rp is not roleplay, that's why i always play serious rp's like Perpheads or City (Random number)

Dark rp is like that flavor of ice cream that is ok the first time but as time passes it just starts to annoy you so much.

On 02/03/2016 at 2:57 AM, John-Doe said:

Hello there.

Im thinking how are you going to prevent players from not joining the police force and then just walk about in the middle of the public and kill whatever they see?     Or how are you going to prevent that police not just randomly search every player that they meet or just random raid every property?                                            

How are you going to prevent that players are not just sitting on top of a building snipping every guy running aroud in a pvp zone?                                                      

How are you going to prevent that players are not just starting a fire in every house/apartment that they dont like?                                                                                

How are you going to prevent players from joning a job to earn easy money with out doing what they are supposed to do?                                                                  

-John Doe

1. There will be a test for high ranking cops which have access to the good / heavy guns and police equipment.

2. If they just walked in the middle of the public, depending on the area safe zones are around. but otherwise if a cop was say rdm'ing they would maybe be blacklisted/ banned from the job temporary or permanently.

3. Random searching is not a big of a deal but does it happen IRl. yes it does. so it is a real life rp thing for the game. 

4. Abusive police may get punished by maybe say suspension from job/ jail time with demotion.

5. Guns will be very hard to get and so why would someone risk that much to lose one of the hardest things. (Mass murderers will get punished in some way as they stated.

6. There will be safe zones and so that means there are places free from crime/ muggings.

7. Houses and apartments are not able to be broken into, you must have permission to enter from the owner.

8. The jobs will be player driven, a lot of them and well they stated its going to be like real life.... with earning money.

9. Well firstly corrupt police in official servers would probably get a temp blacklist and/ or politician.

• Like 1

ima be a massive dick when i say this, but this is the #1 most asked question on the forums. PLEASE look around before asking a question, theres a high chance somebody has alredy asked it.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2016 at 4:59 PM, IDEN said:

lol im dead xD

On 8. März 2016 at 1:59 AM, IDEN said:

no sniper visor. could also be a poor modded automatic rifle

On 08/03/2016 at 1:59 PM, IDEN said:

Well the devs said their wont be

17 minutes ago, jcdock said:

Well the devs said their wont be

They mean 50. cals and other high powered sniper rifles, it doesn't have to be high powered to be considered a sniper.

Edited by IDEN

On 3/1/2016 at 9:57 PM, John-Doe said:

Hello there.

-John Doe

Great questions! In Identity, or at least on official servers (private servers can change or disable certain features), there are gameplay restrictions for how police officers can interact with players or the environment, which are subject to change based on testing. In some cases, a player must first be reported for a crime before a police officer can arrest them. You won't see random arrests, and trolling behavior will be punishable via an officer reporting function, even potentially leading to a long-term ban from joining the police force for certain abuses. The goal here is to ensure that only people who take this role seriously will play as police officers.

As it stands currently regarding property raids, players, even cops, won't be able to access another players property without permission from the owner. We view housing in Identity as an important, almost sacred, social feature and most players wouldn't want to see disturbed. It's treated as a location of tranquility, peace, and privacy to many who have put a lot of passion and love into customizing their personal space. Have you seen those funny Second Life videos of trolls entering another players property, and the owner gets very upset to see a person there that they didn't invite? It's kind of like that. Think of it as that one place you can go to roleplay with friends knowing nobody can break your immersion. We are however still exploring different ways players may be able to interact with each other and property. John has expressed interest in using homes as meth labs and allowing cops to raid them, but we haven't settled on a solution for that yet.

Regarding sniping and PVP, we expect that there will be some camping in areas of high criminal activity, but there won't be any sniper rifles beyond a hunting rifle with a short 2x zoom scope, even for the police! In a early concept piece floating around this thread, there are some rooftop snipers sitting above the town square, but our concept art really shouldn't be seen as a confirmation, as much as it should be seen as an expression of potential. For instance, in the actual in-game scene, most of those rooftops are inaccessible. Gameplay still needs to be designed with balance in mind, and we have to be very careful with what we make accessible within the environment.

As far as mugging goes, official servers have a unique stress system in place that we are very excited to test out. Outside of cities and low crime areas, your stress meter is naturally higher, making you more vulnerable to attack. Even in low stress areas, certain actions, some as simple as having a gun pointed at you, or crashing your car, will gradually increase your stress meter. Cities themselves aren't exactly safe zones, and the only truly safe place you can go is, inside a sub-HUB, or your own home.

While there is a fire department in Identity with plenty to do within that role, players will not be able to set a fire intentionally. Fires occur randomly, or based on various factors, throughout the world. Your car can even catch on fire after an accident, but it's not going to spread to anything around it.

We suspect that there will be certain jobs that players prefer for earning money easier, but this depends entirely on how well we balance things. If we make mistakes, people will exploit our mistakes, so we have to be extremely cautious with money and the economy in Identity. It's on us to design jobs and systems that our players can't easily exploit for an unfair advantage.

Lastly, regarding corrupt politicians, while there really isn't anything a politician can do that will burn the economy to the ground per-se, we anticipate that some crafty people will secretly campaign with ill-intentions, and we encourage this! If they turn out to be a dud after becoming elected, band together and make sure they don't become governor again in the future! They had their chance!

Thank you for all of your questions, and I hope that I've provided an adequate response!

• Like 5

On 3/7/2016 at 1:46 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

1. There will be a test for high ranking cops which have access to the good / heavy guns and police equipment.

2. If they just walked in the middle of the public, depending on the area safe zones are around. but otherwise if a cop was say rdm'ing they would maybe be blacklisted/ banned from the job temporary or permanently.

3. Random searching is not a big of a deal but does it happen IRl. yes it does. so it is a real life rp thing for the game. 

4. Abusive police may get punished by maybe say suspension from job/ jail time with demotion.

5. Guns will be very hard to get and so why would someone risk that much to lose one of the hardest things. (Mass murderers will get punished in some way as they stated.

6. There will be safe zones and so that means there are places free from crime/ muggings.

7. Houses and apartments are not able to be broken into, you must have permission to enter from the owner.

8. The jobs will be player driven, a lot of them and well they stated its going to be like real life.... with earning money.

9. Well firstly corrupt police in official servers would probably get a temp blacklist and/ or politician.

Hey James I understand you cannot break into homes, but can police raid homes if they have leads that there may be drugs in that home?  If not I'm sure police are allowed to raid meth labs if they find them.

6 hours ago, Cstove said:

Hey James I understand you cannot break into homes, but can police raid homes if they have leads that there may be drugs in that home?  If not I'm sure police are allowed to raid meth labs if they find them.

I am certain that no one can raid homes. cops or civilians. Apartments are instanced, and also Houses are also instanced but only one person per server can own that same house.

Read @Motown's post which is above yours, as its more detailed to mine.

Edited by JamesLuck01