TheRuomunda

The Ruomunda Tribe

The Ruomunda

We are the Ruomunda. A proud people with roots going all the way back to the 16th century. We are a tribe of honor and survival. Our people stick to our lands and will defend them with our lives. We will uphold our traditionS with pride. One thing to keep in mind is we are not a Native American Tribe. Our tribe is made up of many different mixed ethnicities.

History

Our people begin with the colony of Roanoke. Our ancestors sailed to the land now called North Carolina in 1585 from England. Our leader, Sir Walter Reilegh, founded Roanoke. Our people lived on that Island though it was not entirely peaceful. There was bad blood between our people and the local tribes. Combined with our lack of supplies we were struggling to survive. After some amount of time, more people sailed to Roanoke but this didn't help. A man named John White agreed to sail back to our ancestral homelands for food and other necessities. However, a short while after he left, we were attacked by a local tribe and driven from Roanoke Island. In an event, we call Tra Graos Swikevmes (The Great Swim) our people swam all the way to This Island (Identity Island). See many people believe that Roanoke Colony simply were killed. We know the true story. Upon our arrival to the island, we were taken in by the local native tribe. Our cultures and languages mixed. We became the Rokanoka. Eventually, settlers arrived at Identity Island buy our tribe had peaceful relations with them. By this time our tribe had completely merged together as a semi-culture. Our people traded and even had children with the settlers. Then with the African Slaves being brought to the Americas, our people actually bought them. However, instead of owning them, they became assimilated into our tribe. Their cultures also mixing with ours. Eventually, the settlers grew bold and began to cause harm to our land and our people, so we fell back into hiding. We had several small wars with the settlers of our Island but we knew the land and was relatively victorious. As our tribe grew and mixed our name evolved. Due to language, our name eventually became the Ruomunda. During the formation of the 13 Colonies, more people moved to the Island. Our tribe was relatively ignored though we still occasionally traded with the local colony and even traveled to the mainland for trading. Sometimes our people would take slaves with us that wanted to escape. During the revolutionary war, our people aided the colony against the Redcoats that invaded our Island. Some of them Surrendered and were assimilated into our tribe as slaves. After that our people, for the most part, kept to themselves. Our numbers growing more and more. Our people spread around the Island forming smaller bands, however, we still were proud of our heritage and were loyal and connected to each other. Then around the Civil War when states were deciding to join the Union or the Confederacy, there was a dilemma. For the most part, our people were against slavery save for the war prisoners that were eventually integrated into the society. Considering the Ruomunda had black people and the tribe as a whole was mixed. Just like how the mainland split into the North and the South so did we. The southern Ruomuda joined with the Confederates and were given supplies and slaves to help aid the fight against Union Loyalties in the Island. The Southern Ruomuda had an influx of Confederate soldiers come in to help them fight. In the year 1864, the Confederate Ruomunda managed to defeat the Northern Ruomunda. The Northern Ruomunda didn't receive help from the Union and therefore was eventually defeated. After that, the Ruomunda often traded with the Mainland and bought many slaves and supplies from the Mainland. They even traded the war prisoners of the Northern Ruomunda. When the union defeated the Confederacy, the Identity Island was mostly left alone. With slavery being abolished, we couldn't trade slaves but we still owned slaves. The freed people of the local towns on the Identity Island either assimilated into the tribe, were taken as slaves to the tribe, moved on, or stayed with the towns. For years slavery existed within our people. As we began to spread out again, we again formed semi bands. Although we were still unified, different leaders of the bands arose. Although being a known tribe to the local towns, we were never bothered by the local government. We stayed in the forests and hills. We still occasionally traded. In the year 1934, a leader of a rather powerful band of Ruomunda arose. Her name was Charlovta Unojo. She sought out to end slavery within the Ruomunda. She formed alliances with the other bands in an attempt to unify their cause but was killed while she was sleeping in an unknown tribal. As the years went on, however, slavery slowly faded. Either they were accepted into the tribe as Ruomundans or they escaped to the nearby towns. In the year 1958. when slavery was almost completely gone, My grandfather introduced a revolutionary way of thinking. "Why should we enslave our own?" "It was the settlers that came to our land." "They live on our land, and therefore they are ours." From then on we took back what was rightfully ours. People. We would take locals and take them for our tribe. They would work the land for us, provide us with children that we would accept into our tribe. We prospered. We took what was ours.  Our population grew. My grandfather unified the Ruomunda once and for all. No longer were there little bands of us. We had an entire community. From that point on my bloodline lead the Ruomunda. When my grandfather died, my father took his place. My name is Joahn Togalvi I was born in 1992. I grew up on Ruomunda lands. Life was simple, we stayed in our lands. Would occasionally take some people as our slaves but for the most part, we didn't have to. 6 months ago I noticed a great number of people moving onto our island. My father wanted to go into hiding but I saw an opportunity. To grow, to prosper. So I cut my fathers head off, making me the leader of the Ruomunda. I will lead our people to glory. We are the Ruomunda. This is our story.

Aspects of the Ruomunda

Ethnicity- The Ruomunda are a mixed group of people. Arguably their own ethnic group. However, the Ruomuda are very diverse with a variety of different phenotypes. Looks will vary depending on that particular tribal's ancestry.

Religion- The Ruomunda don't have a particular religion but rather have strong general spiritual beliefs. Our island is a living being. Birthed from Yemoa. (Yemoa is derived from Yemoja, Orisha of water) Yemoa is the ocean. Our Earth is Goavve. (Goavve means God) Goavve created Yemoa (the water) and Yemoa gave birth to life.  We believe when we die, we become Goavve. We become the Earth.

Language- The Ruomuda speak mostly Broken English with some words either being derived from another language or being their own word entirely. Words like his or my aren't really used (Him decided that him wanted me Knife so him took it) You can play around with your english. Just make it sound like you would have failed English class.

Traditions- Once a month, we kill someone in the water as an offering to Yemoa. It was she that allowed our ancestors to safely swim to this island. Therefore we "feed" her with sacrifices. Usually, the sacrifice is a slave. 

Society- Our tribe, while does acknowledge gender, is equal in the type of work and amount of work a person does. Both men and women fight and hunt. Anyone's word was weight in our tribe through the I will always have the final say. Only my bloodline can lead unless I myself announce a different heir with the whole tribe present. Slaves in our society are beneath us. They exist only to serve our people. Slaves are identified by wearing nothing but undergarments. They either have to cover their hair with a scarf or shave it off.  If our people are pulled into war, everyone in the tribe shall fight. Young able bodied people will fight with melee weapons while elderly and children fight using distanced weapons (I know their arent kids in the game this is simply rp)

Accepting new members- People that come to us willing to join our tribe must prove their worth to us. They must also offer something of value to me. 

Trading- Trading is permitted though everyone in the tribe shall benefit from it if you use the tribe's resources to trade. If you use your own stuff to trade you get to keep what you traded for. While there is no tax, everyone contributes to our survival. Whether it be hunting, fighting off outsiders, trading for the tribe, cooking, everyone contributes or they leave. Trading takes place away from our community. If needed, go to the city to trade.

Location- We live with nature on the Island. We stay in the forest and hills but are rather nomadic as we don't stay in one place now that we are unified. We basically just go wherever.

Raiding- we will frequently go on raiding parties. Only the strongest and bravest go. During the raids, we pick easy targets. Main targets are stopped cars at night. Sometimes we will venture into the cities to raid. Make sure no one follows you back. Any hikers we come across are either enslaved or swiftly killed. 

Other than there being a leader (me) every other tribe member is equal.

Pm me if you are interested in joining the Ruomunda. A proud people.

Edited by TheRuomunda
  • Like 1

The following organization should be posted within the "Gangs/Criminal Organization" section of the forums considering that it is a borderline Nomadic hunter and gatherer-based organization.

The People's Revolutionary Party is willing to stand in solidarity alongside the indigenous inhabitants of Identity Island that had migrated to the region prior to the existence of civilization.

5 hours ago, DLimit said:

The following organization should be posted within the "Gangs/Criminal Organization" section of the forums considering that it is a borderline Nomadic hunter and gatherer-based organization.

The People's Revolutionary Party is willing to stand in solidarity alongside the indigenous inhabitants of Identity Island that had migrated to the region prior to the existence of civilization.

thank you for your support. Perhaps my people can trade with your people.

4 hours ago, TheRuomunda said:

thank you for your support. Perhaps my people can trade with your people.

Examine a potential situation in the following perspective: A lot of political parties and corporations will classify your tribe as a group of savages as they ravage through your lands for resources. The P.R.P. shall be willing to protect your tribe in exchange for your mere trust and friendship.

Edited by DLimit

45 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Examine a potential situation in the following perspective: A lot of political parties and corporations will classify your tribe as a group of savages as they ravage through your lands for resources. The P.R.P. shall be willing to protect your tribe in exchange for your mere trust and friendship.

That is all we must give to you? Trust? I have your word that you won't betray us?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, TheRuomunda said:

The Ruomunda

We are the Ruomunda. A proud people with roots going all the way back to the 16th century. We are a tribe of honor and survival. Our people stick to our lands and will defend them with our lives. We will uphold our traditionS with pride. One thing to keep in mind is we are not a Native American Tribe. Our tribe is made up of many different mixed ethnicities.

History

Our people begin with the colony of Roanoke. Our ancestors sailed to the land now called North Carolina in 1585 from England. Our leader, Sir Walter Reilegh, founded Roanoke. Our people lived on that Island though it was not entirely peaceful. There was bad blood between our people and the local tribes. Combined with our lack of supplies we were struggling to survive. After some amount of time, more people sailed to Roanoke but this didn't help. A man named John White agreed to sail back to our ancestral homelands for food and other necessities. However, a short while after he left, we were attacked by a local tribe and driven from Roanoke Island. In an event, we call Tra Graos Swikevmes (The Great Swim) our people swam all the way to This Island (Identity Island). See many people believe that Roanoke Colony simply were killed. We know the true story. Upon our arrival to the island, we were taken in by the local native tribe. Our cultures and languages mixed. We became the Rokanoka. Eventually, settlers arrived at Identity Island buy our tribe had peaceful relations with them. By this time our tribe had completely merged together as a semi-culture. Our people traded and even had children with the settlers. Then with the African Slaves being brought to the Americas, our people actually bought them. However, instead of owning them, they became assimilated into our tribe. Their cultures also mixing with ours. Eventually, the settlers grew bold and began to cause harm to our land and our people, so we fell back into hiding. We had several small wars with the settlers of our Island but we knew the land and was relatively victorious. As our tribe grew and mixed our name evolved. Due to language, our name eventually became the Ruomunda. During the formation of the 13 Colonies, more people moved to the Island. Our tribe was relatively ignored though we still occasionally traded with the local colony and even traveled to the mainland for trading. Sometimes our people would take slaves with us that wanted to escape. During the revolutionary war, our people aided the colony against the Redcoats that invaded our Island. Some of them Surrendered and were assimilated into our tribe as slaves. After that our people, for the most part, kept to themselves. Our numbers growing more and more. Our people spread around the Island forming smaller bands, however, we still were proud of our heritage and were loyal and connected to each other. Then around the Civil War when states were deciding to join the Union or the Confederacy, there was a dilemma. For the most part, our people were against slavery save for the war prisoners that were eventually integrated into the society. Considering the Ruomunda had black people and the tribe as a whole was mixed. Just like how the mainland split into the North and the South so did we. The southern Ruomuda joined with the Confederates and were given supplies and slaves to help aid the fight against Union Loyalties in the Island. The Southern Ruomuda had an influx of Confederate soldiers come in to help them fight. In the year 1864, the Confederate Ruomunda managed to defeat the Northern Ruomunda. The Northern Ruomunda didn't receive help from the Union and therefore was eventually defeated. After that, the Ruomunda often traded with the Mainland and bought many slaves and supplies from the Mainland. They even traded the war prisoners of the Northern Ruomunda. When the union defeated the Confederacy, the Identity Island was mostly left alone. With slavery being abolished, we couldn't trade slaves but we still owned slaves. The freed people of the local towns on the Identity Island either assimilated into the tribe, were taken as slaves to the tribe, moved on, or stayed with the towns. For years slavery existed within our people. As we began to spread out again, we again formed semi bands. Although we were still unified, different leaders of the bands arose. Although being a known tribe to the local towns, we were never bothered by the local government. We stayed in the forests and hills. We still occasionally traded. In the year 1934, a leader of a rather powerful band of Ruomunda arose. Her name was Charlovta Unojo. She sought out to end slavery within the Ruomunda. She formed alliances with the other bands in an attempt to unify their cause but was killed while she was sleeping in an unknown tribal. As the years went on, however, slavery slowly faded. Either they were accepted into the tribe as Ruomundans or they escaped to the nearby towns. In the year 1958. when slavery was almost completely gone, My grandfather introduced a revolutionary way of thinking. "Why should we enslave our own?" "It was the settlers that came to our land." "They live on our land, and therefore they are ours." From then on we took back what was rightfully ours. People. We would take locals and take them for our tribe. They would work the land for us, provide us with children that we would accept into our tribe. We prospered. We took what was ours.  Our population grew. My grandfather unified the Ruomunda once and for all. No longer were there little bands of us. We had an entire community. From that point on my bloodline lead the Ruomunda. When my grandfather died, my father took his place. My name is Joahn Togalvi I was born in 1992. I grew up on Ruomunda lands. Life was simple, we stayed in our lands. Would occasionally take some people as our slaves but for the most part, we didn't have to. 6 months ago I noticed a great number of people moving onto our island. My father wanted to go into hiding but I saw an opportunity. To grow, to prosper. So I cut my fathers head off, making me the leader of the Ruomunda. I will lead our people to glory. We are the Ruomunda. This is our story.

Aspects of the Ruomunda

Ethnicity- The Ruomunda are a mixed group of people. Arguably their own ethnic group. However, the Ruomuda are very diverse with a variety of different phenotypes. Looks will vary depending on that particular tribal's ancestry.

Religion- The Ruomunda don't have a particular religion but rather have strong general spiritual beliefs. Our island is a living being. Birthed from Yemoa. (Yemoa is derived from Yemoja, Orisha of water) Yemoa is the ocean. Our Earth is Goavve. (Goavve means God) Goavve created Yemoa (the water) and Yemoa gave birth to life.  We believe when we die, we become Goavve. We become the Earth.

Language- The Ruomuda speak mostly Broken English with some words either being derived from another language or being their own word entirely. Words like his or my aren't really used (Him decided that him wanted me Knife so him took it) You can play around with your english. Just make it sound like you would have failed English class.

Traditions- Once a month, we kill someone in the water as an offering to Yemoa. It was she that allowed our ancestors to safely swim to this island. Therefore we "feed" her with sacrifices. Usually, the sacrifice is a slave. 

Society- Our tribe, while does acknowledge gender, is equal in the type of work and amount of work a person does. Both men and women fight and hunt. Anyone's word was weight in our tribe through the I will always have the final say. Only my bloodline can lead unless I myself announce a different heir with the whole tribe present. Slaves in our society are beneath us. They exist only to serve our people. Slaves are identified by wearing nothing but undergarments. They either have to cover their hair with a scarf or shave it off.  If our people are pulled into war, everyone in the tribe shall fight. Young able bodied people will fight with melee weapons while elderly and children fight using distanced weapons (I know their arent kids in the game this is simply rp)

Accepting new members- People that come to us willing to join our tribe must prove their worth to us. They must also offer something of value to me. 

Trading- Trading is permitted though everyone in the tribe shall benefit from it if you use the tribe's resources to trade. If you use your own stuff to trade you get to keep what you traded for. While there is no tax, everyone contributes to our survival. Whether it be hunting, fighting off outsiders, trading for the tribe, cooking, everyone contributes or they leave. Trading takes place away from our community. If needed, go to the city to trade.

Location- We live with nature on the Island. We stay in the forest and hills but are rather nomadic as we don't stay in one place now that we are unified. We basically just go wherever.

Raiding- we will frequently go on raiding parties. Only the strongest and bravest go. During the raids, we pick easy targets. Main targets are stopped cars at night. Sometimes we will venture into the cities to raid. Make sure no one follows you back. Any hikers we come across are either enslaved or swiftly killed. 

Other than there being a leader (me) every other tribe member is equal.

Pm me if you are interested in joining the Ruomunda. A proud people.

Nice work can't wait to defend myself in the woods!