Sign in to follow this  
OneShotPaddy

Private Security

You know, being a Star Citizen alpha tester and backer, one thing I want to do is run a PMC. I'm mildly curious if there will be the option to setup private security firms in this game? If not, I would definitely suggest it. Just like in the real world, they would be bound by different roleplay obligations and it would add a nice dynamic for wealthy individuals, businesses and combative characters that want a third option to the badge or the bandanna.

Edit: please disregard. Already found some old threads on this. If anyone wants to start one up, let me know.

Edited by OneShotPaddy

Heya fellow Star Citizen backer! I see you have already found threads on the matter but I thought I would share what I learned while starting my private security company if you'd like. 

I spoke to Beach_Ball the community manager not too long ago regarding corporations and if private security will be possible in-game. He stated that, "there isn't a mechanic built into the game for bodyguard services, but players can certainly arrange that themselves." This means that, "a group of players decide to act as protection for a client, in which they exchange payment through their own means via a trade."

If a business is developed on this model, however, there will be no specific levelling system or upgrades for that corporation since it is not classified as transportation, delivery, manufacturing, etc. (the main ones Motown mentioned in the corporations post).

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Edited by DrivenMuffin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DrivenMuffin said:

Heya fellow Star Citizen backer! I see you have already found threads on the matter but I thought I would share what I learned while starting my private security company if you'd like. 

I spoke to Beach_Ball the community manager not too long ago regarding corporations and if private security will be possible in-game. He stated that, "there isn't a mechanic built into the game for bodyguard services, but players can certainly arrange that themselves." This means that, "a group of players decide to act as protection for a client, in which they exchange payment through their own means via a trade."

If a business is developed on this model, however, there will be no specific levelling system or upgrades for that corporation since it is not classified as transportation, delivery, manufacturing, etc. (the main ones Motown mentioned in the corporations post).

Hopefully that answers your questions.

However, one could produce an office as a means towards conducting interviews and contracting with potential clients.

• Like 1