CreatureGaming

Server Operators Question

Good evening, all,

I apologize if this question has already been asked an answered but regarding the "server rental" option I heard about on the YouTube dev trailer, will that be the only option for running ones own server ( renting a hosted server ) or will there ever be an option to download the server files and host the service on our own? For example, I have a mini-rack at home that I use for a file server. I'd be interested in running the game off of something like that if possible. 

Second part: If the only options will be renting a hosted server or playing on a hosted server / official server, what will the price be for renting a server if one has been determined. 

Again, sorry if this has been asked and answered. I am currently going through the forums and watching videos for more info. 

11 minutes ago, CreatureGaming said:

will that be the only option for running ones own server ( renting a hosted server )

From what I've heard so far, yes, because of the amount of resources required to run the server, and I do not believe it'd be necessarily cheap either, so unless you have a big fanbase/friends you want to play with, renting a server wouldn't be the best option financially. 

11 minutes ago, CreatureGaming said:

will there ever be an option to download the server files and host the service on our own?

I do not believe this will be an option simply as I said above, due to the extensive resources required.

I am not sure about what I've said above, it is just to my knowledge and what I've heard/read on the Discord/Forums/YouTube videos covered by people like TheDynasty

Understandable. Renting probably wouldn't be something I'd want to do right out of the gate regardless but it does pique my interest. Price-wise I'd assume the cost associated with it would come down once the game is fully online and has a growing community. I also didn't think to mention this but, as it's being labeled an "MMORPG" what sub fees have been mentioned?

7 minutes ago, CreatureGaming said:

Understandable. Renting probably wouldn't be something I'd want to do right out of the gate regardless but it does pique my interest. Price-wise I'd assume the cost associated with it would come down once the game is fully online and has a growing community. I also didn't think to mention this but, as it's being labeled an "MMORPG" what sub fees have been mentioned?

If by sub-fees, you mean microtransactions, then I'm 99% sure they've said there is currently none planned.

In a sense MT but I was thinking more along the lines of a game like World of Warcraft where you have a monthly recurring subscription fee or if Identity was planned as a 1 time payment and you own it deal

7 minutes ago, CreatureGaming said:

In a sense MT but I was thinking more along the lines of a game like World of Warcraft where you have a monthly recurring subscription fee or if Identity was planned as a 1 time payment and you own it deal

Oh then no. It will be a 1-time payment.

• Like 1

Will have to rent a server off them due to spatial OS i believe.
I heard the game was going to be $50 on full release, whether that changes or not.
There will be microtransactions, but only cosmetic items, like cars, furniture, clothes.
Only one time payment to play the game.
Rental server costs haven't been determined yet, since its a while away.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CreatureGaming said:

I apologize if this question has already been asked an answered but regarding the "server rental" option I heard about on the YouTube dev trailer, will that be the only option for running ones own server ( renting a hosted server ) or will there ever be an option to download the server files and host the service on our own? For example, I have a mini-rack at home that I use for a file server. I'd be interested in running the game off of something like that if possible. 

No other options other than renting a server.

7 hours ago, CreatureGaming said:

Second part: If the only options will be renting a hosted server or playing on a hosted server / official server, what will the price be for renting a server if one has been determined. 

No prices given yet.

• Like 1