Foxxette

Basic gameplay controls

Question

Hello team, only discovered this game yesterday when someone pointed me this direction after I said I wanted to play a realistic game in character, and I am loving the look of it.  I'm a bit old-fashioned in the control type I like though, so there are a couple of sticking points as to whether I will follow up my initial interest or not.  Hopefully the right answers will be waiting for me.

1.  How is basic movement of your character controlled?  I like keystrokes to be able to walk forward, backwards, and (most of all) to turn.  I am not with this weird unnatural "strafe" movement I have come across elsewhere at all, and if direction control is only by mouse then that would be an interest killer for me.  If mouse movement is default for character rotation,  would there be an option to change that to keystroke?  I have no interest whatsoever in pvp, so speed of turn is irrelevant to me.

2. How is camera view controlled?  I appreciate that this would be mouse almost for certain, but would not want the camera to move with any involuntary twitch of the mouse.  I love the way it is done on SWTOR, where you hold down a button and then move the mouse to adjust camera, so that your view only changes when you want it to, and not when you involuntarily move the mouse (such as when you cannot rest it on a firm surface like a table, which is the setup situation I have).

3. On the subject of player interaction, I do not have a microphone and don't want to voice chat (would feel a right idiot talking at the computer in front of my husband); is there a text chatbox alternative to voice?

Sorry if these questions have been answered hundreds of times already, I spent hours looking for references to them yesterday without a hit.

I hope to become more involved very soon!

Edited by Foxxette

5 answers to this question

On 11/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Foxxette said:

@LuckyDuck thank you for those responses, that at least gives me some cause for optimism that perhaps this game will be able to fit into my preferred play style, but all of those points are pivotal in my decision whether to support the project or to step aside.  Can we get any official answer from someone please?

Here is the answer to your questions:

Mechanics (How does player and camera angle movement operate?) https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteRealGorillaOpieOP Mechanics (How does player and camera angle movement operate? 2) https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughIcyVampireKreygasm

On 09/11/2017 at 11:44 AM, Foxxette said:

3. On the subject of player interaction, I do not have a microphone and don't want to voice chat (would feel a right idiot talking at the computer in front of my husband); is there a text chatbox alternative to voice?

Yes, text chat will be only basic and not like other MMMO's where they over do it and only do basic voice, it is quite the opposite for Identity.

On 09/11/2017 at 11:44 AM, Foxxette said:

2. How is camera view controlled?  I appreciate that this would be mouse almost for certain, but would not want the camera to move with any involuntary twitch of the mouse.  I love the way it is done on SWTOR, where you hold down a button and then move the mouse to adjust camera, so that your view only changes when you want it to, and not when you involuntarily move the mouse (such as when you cannot rest it on a firm surface like a table, which is the setup situation I have).

It will be most likely the new way of things but I am sure they can always add the way you like it in the control options to allow for change if someone wishes to do so.

@LuckyDuck thank you for those responses, that at least gives me some cause for optimism that perhaps this game will be able to fit into my preferred play style, but all of those points are pivotal in my decision whether to support the project or to step aside.  Can we get any official answer from someone please?

On 11/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Foxxette said:

I will get back to you with a answer to that question hopefully today but possibly by Monday.