ItsRaiden

RDM/VDM Question

Question

My Question is will there be RDM/VDM penalties to people who choose to do such things in the general server ?

I would like to see some sort of automatic system of a cooldown or maybe a rogue status like The Division to let players know the player is killing alot. Also perhaps go onto a wanted list for murder. I would like to see such acts be more enforced with PD then admins but if admins feel they need to intervene then i guess i am ok with that.

Edited by ItsRaiden

9 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, ItsRaiden said:

My Question is will there be RDM/VDM penalties to people who choose to do such things in the general server ?

I would like to see some sort of automatic system of a cooldown or maybe a rogue status like The Division to let players know the player is killing alot. Also perhaps go onto a wanted list for murder. I would like to see such acts be more enforced with PD then admins but if admins feel they need to intervene then i guess i am ok with that.

There will be a stress system for public servers. Basically if you kill someone or many people your "stress" rises. When your "stress" is high you can be a one shot kill as someone who doesn't isn't a one shot kill. There would of course also be the police department and fire department to help with enforcing the law and reviving players. As public servers are big and a lot of them, it will be hard to enforce rules. Private servers will be best for you quality roleplay, depending on the server's staff and community of course.

Edited by Villasenor

7 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

There will be a stress system for public servers. Basically if you kill someone or many people your "stress" rises. When your "stress" is high you can be a one shot kill as someone who doesn't isn't a one shot kill.

That seems like a bad  system. What if someone wants to RP a serial killer? Or perhaps just RDM. I think cops should handle it maybe after a certain number of hit and runs and or kills the PD get a noticed to make an arrest.

Edited by ItsRaiden
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ItsRaiden said:

hat seems like a bad  system i have ever seen. What if someone wants to RP a serial killer? Or perhaps just RDM. I think cops should handle it maybe after a certain number of hit and runs and or kills the PD get a noticed to make an arrest.

Yes, those type of roleplayers would suffer from this system, but at the same time can be annoying for those who died and be a bad experience for multiple people instead of one. Keep in mind if you just kill someone, you'll be fine, but killing a lot of people at once and in a certain areas will affect your "stress" dramatically. 

7 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

Yes, those type of roleplayers would suffer from this system, but at the same time can be annoying for those who died and be a bad experience for multiple people instead of one. Keep in mind if you just kill someone, you'll be fine, but killing a lot of people at once and in a certain areas will affect your "stress" dramatically. 

What if there was just a Random timeout after one surpasses a threshold for RDM but then idk how the devs would be able to combat trollers. i feel there has to be active admins floating around.

Edited by ItsRaiden

6 minutes ago, ItsRaiden said:

What if there was just a Random time outbut then idk how the devs would be able to combat trollers. i feel there has to be active admins floating around.

It will be simply impossible to combat all trollers on all servers, which is the reason for the automated system. If you wish to have a great experience with quality roleplay, I recommend joining or even started a whitelisted Identity community.

On 09/11/2017 at 1:52 AM, ItsRaiden said:

If you wish for different ruling, then you will need to find a private server which has the stress system disabled. The official servers will be casual and less monitoring will happen on these servers and that is why they have automated systems to cover the things which the small amounts of monitoring will not be able to.

51 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

If you wish for different ruling, then you will need to find a private server which has the stress system disabled. The official servers will be casual and less monitoring will happen on these servers and that is why they have automated systems to cover the things which the small amounts of monitoring will not be able to.

ahh i see, nonetheless this game will  be fun to stream. They did awesome in asylum on arma 3. Cant wait for this.

Also i will be looking to set up a private server i wonder how hard will it be to set it up. i will make a forum reflecting this question more in depth.

18 hours ago, ItsRaiden said:

Also i will be looking to set up a private server i wonder how hard will it be to set it up. i will make a forum reflecting this question more in depth.

You will be able to rent servers at full release. There will be a control panel which will be the way of changing setting for your server.