NyanRadscorpion

International Waters

Hasn't been stated, but they said If they add DLC it will add new islands, and you will use airports/ports to travel from one to the other, so potentially :P  You can go to the beach for a swim though if you want 

55 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

Hasn't been stated, but they said If they add DLC it will add new islands, and you will use airports/ports to travel from one to the other, so potentially :P  You can go to the beach for a swim though if you want 

I feel like this might be too much because it would make other islands look like ghost islands. Maybe if they do make other islands it could be for cartel battles or something to keep civilians out of the cross fire (not that they would care), there would still be gang wars on the original island of course. I can also be wrong about this because they can do more than 300 players now.

On the other hand it might be a really good idea to have other islands because it could make boats more useful like smuggling drugs off an island to another. Maybe there could be like a coast guard or something to stop weapon/drug smuggling and criminals, this would open up more jobs for people and make the game a little more exciting (I think it would be exciting at least, hunting down drug/weapon traffickers). I wonder if you could steal boats and if there would be police boats.

Think about GTA 5, what's the point of buying a boat? like 1% of people even go in the water and it's mostly for yachts and missions, no actual point to go out in the ocean. I hope Identity has a point to going out into the water. If we don't get extra islands, maybe boats can still be useful by going around the island "safely" and "quietly" to sell something on the other side of the map to avoid the heat.

These are my thoughts.

Edited by Mastahakill

56 minutes ago, Mastahakill said:

I feel like this might be too much because it would make other islands look like ghost islands. Maybe if they do make other islands it could be for cartel battles or something to keep civilians out of the cross fire (not that they would care), there would still be gang wars on the original island of course. I can also be wrong about this because they can do more than 300 players now.

If they add in extra islands it will be a DLC as it was said. 

59 minutes ago, Mastahakill said:

Think about GTA 5, what's the point of buying a boat? like 1% of people even go in the water and it's mostly for yachts and missions, no actual point to go out in the ocean. I hope Identity has a point to going out into the water. If we don't get extra islands, maybe boats can still be useful by going around the island "safely" and "quietly" to sell something on the other side of the map to avoid the heat.

You can steal boats likely as you can steal cars, you can drive all the boats including the Yacht's, Also it would be a longer but easier way to avoid being robbed or stopped by cops if wanted etc.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:55 PM, LuckyDuck said:

If they add in extra islands it will be a DLC as it was said.

I think that would be a bad idea because it would separate people. I just see another Elderscrolls with Imperial City that you can't enter unless you have DLC. Just a bad idea in my opinion. If they do add islands, it should be for everybody.

44 minutes ago, Mastahakill said:

I think that would be a bad idea because it would separate people. I just see another Elderscrolls with Imperial City that you can't enter unless you have DLC. Just a bad idea in my opinion. If they do add islands, it should be for everybody.

There are some islands but they are small and well if they add another Island they should have it as a DLC as it makes sense as you get a passport for the game and then to travel to another big island you need a Passport stamp like you are travelling to another country e.g. when I went to turkey on holiday, they stamped my passport. This should be how it is but who knows if they will do such things as they need to focus on the main game right now.

lucky y are the devs trying to separate the community with those dlcs ? havent we learned anything from battle field 

5 hours ago, Shwado said:

lucky y are the devs trying to separate the community with those dlcs ? havent we learned anything from battle field 

Did you read the last sentence I said? Here I will quote it:

12 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

but who knows if they will do such things as they need to focus on the main game right now.

We don't know if it will be how I said it should be (IMO) and so we will have to wait and see for after the full game release. I do know they have thought about DLC which changes the theme of the game but they are focusing on the full game right now and so it is not something they wanna really touch upon.

44 minutes ago, NyanRadscorpion said:

I meant that if you go far enough out (like a in game day or two) you can reach a point where maritime law takes place.

Ah that would be cool to have that!

i think this idea has a lot potential as if new islands were added this could give way to new "nation states" if a rebel/criminal faction took control of the island they could gain benefits for the island (depending on the infrastructure and business/residential buildings on the islands) which the mainland government would have to retake to regain control so they can get money from taxation again 

9 hours ago, Jmx10001 said:

i think this idea has a lot potential as if new islands were added this could give way to new "nation states" if a rebel/criminal faction took control of the island they could gain benefits for the island (depending on the infrastructure and business/residential buildings on the islands) which the mainland government would have to retake to regain control so they can get money from taxation again 

Too Altis Life for me.

I wonder how they'll be able to load such a big map plus the DLC islands if they do. Like if other players would have to load the Islands even though they don't have it? If they're really gonna put that much effort into another big island, they should just make another map for people to play on. This would probably be best because people can make the server the theme they want or something; But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

7 hours ago, Mastahakill said:

I wonder how they'll be able to load such a big map plus the DLC islands if they do. Like if other players would have to load the Islands even though they don't have it? If they're really gonna put that much effort into another big island, they should just make another map for people to play on. This would probably be best because people can make the server the theme they want or something; But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I would expect that you will be able see the island in a distance from the main one but then when you go on the automated plane to get to the new island, you are going into a half instance sort of thing but on the same server so you can still communicate to people on the main island.

9 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I would expect that you will be able see the island in a distance from the main one but then when you go on the automated plane to get to the new island, you are going into a half instance sort of thing but on the same server so you can still communicate to people on the main island.

yeah, it makes sense to load another island as a whole new instance.