JoelKeys

The Debate

I have something which is bothering me. The inaction of action.

Ever since I came here to the political arena, few candidates are constantly on and interacting with their supporters. I am guilty of the contrary, however it is still sad to see. We keep hearing about policies and debates and interviews with candidates but it never actually happens. Reporters claim they are hosting this and hosting that but when the time comes, everyone always has an excuse not to show up. It has become rather disappointing actually.

It is due to this, that I am announcing that in two days, Sunday the 5th of November, I will be conducting an interview on any candidate who has the guts to speak to the public. None of this "I can only type" stuff or "My sister's cousin's mum's wedding is in three years so I need to plan it" nonsense. Be there and be ready. As for the public, encourage your candidates to show up. Make them show you just how much you are worth to them. If they cannot even speak to address issues, how are they to make our country better?

2 days.

18 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Ever since I came here to the political arena, few candidates are constantly on and interacting with their supporters. I am guilty of the contrary, however it is still sad to see. We keep hearing about policies and debates and interviews with candidates but it never actually happens. Reporters claim they are hosting this and hosting that but when the time comes, everyone always has an excuse not to show up. It has become rather disappointing actually.

It is due to this, that I am announcing that in two days, Sunday the 5th of November, I will be conducting an interview on any candidate who has the guts to speak to the public. None of this "I can only type" stuff or "My sister's cousin's mum's wedding is in three years so I need to plan it" nonsense. Be there and be ready. As for the public, encourage your candidates to show up. Make them show you just how much you are worth to them. If they cannot even speak to address issues, how are they to make our country better?

2 days.

I would be delighted to participate in this interview should you choose to accept me. I feel that it is very important for the candidate to have a strong relationship with his/her/their supporters which is why I always try to keep my followers up-to-date through my News page on my website.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience if I am an eligible candidate for this interview as I feel as though I have a lot to share.

Also, if you could provide a time on Sunday the 5th in which this interview will be taking place, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Brian Hamilton

The Hamilton Party

Debates shouldn't be held outside of the game in third-party venues such as Discord or whatever else you're planning to use.

These should be held in-game, in front of the public. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Debates shouldn't be held outside of the game in third-party venues such as Discord or whatever else you're planning to use.

Not even in the OFFICIAL Identity Discord server in which there are literally channels based on the forums? There's a channel called The Podium too and there's voice channels in there too.

I'd say it's perfectly fine to host them on the Discord since, you know, the game isn't out until March 21st, 2018!

12 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

the game isn't out until March 21st, 2018!

You just answered your own question.

These interviews and debates before the actual release of the modules will be pretty meaningless in comparison to the actual real debates and interviews taken place in-game where the majority of the public will receive their information: not by looking at outside sources.

I'm not saying to wait until the official release, I'm just saying to wait until at least the first module where we can actually experience the game for ourselves.

Edited by SupremeLeader

18 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Why?

32 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

You just answered your own question.

These interviews and debates before the actual release of the modules will be pretty meaningless in comparison to the actual real debates and interviews taken place in-game where the majority of the public will receive their information: not by looking at outside sources.

I'm not saying to wait until the official release, I'm just saying to wait until at least the first module where we can actually experience the game for ourselves.

Better to gain support in advance.

15 minutes ago, MauriceClinton said:

I will join too. Greetings Chairman Maurice Clinton.

be53a4_eb7d5b351b8045fba141ce53a5a91a03~

I look forward to seeing which answers you have provided in your interview in comparison to mine.

Best of luck!

14 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Better to gain support in advance.

I look forward to seeing which answers you have provided in your interview in comparison to mine.

Best of luck!

Haha Me too :D

In regards to candidates that would be more than proud to participate, but honestly can only type, what do you say to them?

I was considering holding the debates in the voice chat of discord, that way you can have an audience that can ask the candidates questions directly, like in the style of the town hall debates. Hopefully that can help keep it engaging for everyone involved, but still working out everything including which parties I pair together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

2 days.

If you want maybe we can team up together with this project, I can probably get a set of questions for you and a debate schedule to you before your interviews.